CFZ I guarantee the Cowboys beat the Eagles on Xmas Eve

Swagger

Reaction score
As Charles Barkley says...I GUARANTEE the Cowboys beat the Eagles on Xmas Eve.

Minshew will be seeing ghosts long after this game with Parsons at the forefront of his mind.

I genuinely think the illness around the team has caused issues in recent weeks. We saw what happened to Washington last season when their roster was recovering from covid and the Vikings were out on their feet after a short week against the Cowboys. When players lack juice the level is so high in this league that it shows up in a big way. The illness should have really passed through by now so I'm expected a more sustained showing from the roster.

Watching Dak Prescott play at QB is like going on a roller coster. He's inconsistent but I think he cleans it up tomorrow and plays a tidy, efficient game. For me the pressure is off him with Hurts not playing. Had Hurts played and the Eagles won then some people would have been asking why didn't the Cowboys draft him in the second round and rode the rookie contract. Minshew is one of the better back ups in the league but let's have it right, he isn't Jalen Hurts and people need to put some respect on his name.

I think the Eagles will hide a lot of their real gameplan in case the two teams meet in the post season. This will more of an informative exercise for them.

Finally there isn't really any pressure on the Cowboys as the 5th seed is pretty much set in stone regardless.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The team has to get right. They will be playing playoff caliber teams the next 3 games. Can't go into the playoffs on a 3 game losing streak.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The team has to get right. They will be playing playoff caliber teams the next 3 games. Can't go into the playoffs on a 3 game losing streak.

Injuries have mounted and the D is folding like a lawn chair. Unless some players step up at CB, LB, and DT— it is hard to imagine the D being able to stop decent offenses.

Throw in the inconsistent offense and their penchant for self inflicted wounds— and it seems we have once again found a recipe for an early exit from the playoffs.

Hope I am wrong— but this team looks like they are on the ropes. They have been inconsistent in every game since Minny— and although they have beaten some inferior teams— the fact that their offense has stalled and been mistake prone does not give me confidence that they will magically put it all together when the quality of competition increases

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Injuries have mounted and the D is folding like a lawn chair. Unless some players step up at CB, LB, and DT— it is hard to imagine the D being able to stop decent offenses.

Throw in the inconsistent offense and their penchant for self inflicted wounds— and it seems we have once again found a recipe for an early exit from the playoffs.

Hope I am wrong— but this team looks like they are on the ropes. They have been inconsistent in every game since Minny— and although they have beaten some inferior teams— the fact that their offense has stalled and been mistake prone does not give me confidence that they will magically put it all together when the quality of competition increases
It's really the defense. The ball can be moved on them way too easily.

Carson

Reaction score
The 5 seed is not set in stone.

Dallas is 10-4, New York is 8-6-1. Dallas can finish 10-7 and New York 10-6-1. If the Giants do lose today, it increases Dallas’s chances of getting that 5. But we would need 1 win or 2 giants losses.

The difference is playing Tampa / Carolina or San Francisco

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think the Eagles will hide a lot of their real gameplan in case the two teams meet in the post season. This will more of an informative exercise for them.

Finally there isn't really any pressure on the Cowboys as the 5th seed is pretty much set in stone regardless.

Both of these points should indicate that a victory against a basic package Eagles isnt just pyrrhic it's potentially counter productive as we'll be showing our hand.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Dallas is 10-4, New York is 8-6-1. Dallas can finish 10-7 and New York 10-6-1. If the Giants do lose today, it increases Dallas’s chances of getting that 5. But we would need 1 win or 2 giants losses.

I think the bottom line is, either way, we probably play one of the teams we fear (Buccs / 49ers) and the Eagles.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Giants are currently 8-5-1

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They need to right the ship, it has been swirling in a whirlpool, but fighting to go down. Defense though missing players, can still get players back for the playoffs. But need someone to step up at CB.
Get the pass rush back.

Offense concerns me, as Dak has been throwing 2 picks a game. Been making other poor decisions as well. Our WR's still have a hard time getting more open than they do.
Which tells me our offense is still too predictable and defenses know what is coming.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Minshew will be seeing ghosts long after this game with Parsons at the forefront of his mind.

I genuinely think the illness around the team has caused issues in recent weeks. We saw what happened to Washington last season when their roster was recovering from covid and the Vikings were out on their feet after a short week against the Cowboys. When players lack juice the level is so high in this league that it shows up in a big way. The illness should have really passed through by now so I'm expected a more sustained showing from the roster.

Watching Dak Prescott play at QB is like going on a roller coster. He's inconsistent but I think he cleans it up tomorrow and plays a tidy, efficient game. For me the pressure is off him with Hurts not playing. Had Hurts played and the Eagles won then some people would have been asking why didn't the Cowboys draft him in the second round and rode the rookie contract. Minshew is one of the better back ups in the league but let's have it right, he isn't Jalen Hurts and people need to put some respect on his name.

The Eagles will be laying back in this one so a Cowboy win is guaranteed.
Now if we meet them in Philly come playoff time well that will be a long long afternoon for our team esp our offense.
Homers will be singing Superbowl songs after the game here till we lose in Titan land.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now if we meet them in Philly come playoff time well that will be a long long afternoon for our team esp our offense.
Homers will be singing Superbowl songs after the game here till we lose in Titan land.

And the usual Debbie downers / negative Nancies will be their normal doom and gloom as always. Will you lead them?
And the Eagles will not lay back, they will give it their all.

stinkface

Reaction score
The only guarantee in life is death and taxes and that the sun will come up tomorrow.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Yah… I think the Eagles are going to play pretty vanilla on offense and defense— but I still think their ground game and short passing game makes things closer than many expect— even with Minshew at QB.

I don’t see Dallas winning by more than 4 points, and though we need the game more and will be “pulling out all the stops” to make a “statement”— I think this is a nail biter and that Philly D makes this a dogfight for 60 mins.

Hopefully this isn’t our “superbowl” this year where we empty our tank to get a “big win” only to show up in Jan flat and sloppy

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the usual Debbie downers / negative Nancies will be their normal doom and gloom as always. Will you lead them?
And the Eagles will not lay back, they will give it their all.
Speaking of homers........LOL......Debbie doesn't live here she comes around when we hit the playoffs.....:(

DZSierra

Reaction score
Anyone who guarantees a win in a football before the game is played is either a genius or an idiot.

We'll know for a fact which the OP is after the game!

Way I see it...

1 - Cowboys win by a blowout, fans go hog wild and the Boys are back to being the best team playing and will win the Super Bowl.

2 - Cowboys win by a slim margin, some fans are complaining they won but didn't play a good game and are still trash, while other fans are happy that they just won and the team is not that bad.

3 - Cowboys lose by a blowout, fans go hog wild that the team in nothing but trash again and we need to get rid of everyone.

4 - Cowboys lose by a slim margin, generally the team is still trash and we still need to get rid of everyone.

I'm catching onto this place:D

Last edited:

pupulehaole

Reaction score

yall are bored eh?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is kind of a meaningless game
If we've got some new stuff for the eagles I'd rather save it for the playoffs.
In fact I'd rather play vanilla ball for 3 weeks and make additions in practice strictly for playoffs.