I Guess defense does still win championships

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i don’t really believe you can put it all on one side of the ball or the other, but a lot of folks felt defense was no longer an important element in winning. This Super Bowl was a shocker with how low scoring it was, but it underscores that defense is still vital. Both defenses played well, but the Pats defense was dominating.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
i don’t really believe you can put it all on one side of the ball or the other, but a lot of folks felt defense was no longer an important element winning. This Super Bowl was a shocker with how low scoring it was, but it underscores that defense is still vital. Both defenses played well, but the Pats defense was dominating.

Or bad offensive play, Geoff missed possibly 3 Tds.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm no fan of Goff, but he put one where Cooks should have caught it for a TD. Then follows it up with a pick.

That was the lowest scoring Super Bowl and ties the lowest points allowed in a SB.

Dre11

Reaction score
Goff missed a few throws, but NE’s D was darn good if not dominant. I can’t stand NE by the way.

He missed 3 Tds. The one to cooks in end zone on blown coverage he was late, the one to the 1 he was late ,
He completely mis read the one across the middle

Dre11

Reaction score
I'm no fan of Goff, but he put one where Cooks should have caught it for a TD. Then follows it up with a pick.

That was the lowest scoring Super Bowl and ties the lowest points allowed in a SB.

He was late on those throws.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or bad offensive play, Geoff missed possibly 3 Tds.

Sure Goff missed some plays, but there was a lot of good defense. Going into the game Goff had only been sacked once in the playoffs, and he was sacked 4 times in this one, and rushed over and over again, which had a lot to do with some of the missed throws. Plus, the Rams running game was shut down

Dre11

Reaction score
Sure Goff missed some plays, but there was a lot of good defense. Going into the game Goff had only been sacked once in the playoffs, and he was sacked 4 times in this one, and rushed over and over again, which had a lot to do with some of the missed throws. Plus, the Rams running game was shut down

He didn't just miss some throws. They were Tds where he was late, that isn't defense that's mental.

Swanny

Reaction score
i don’t really believe you can put it all on one side of the ball or the other, but a lot of folks felt defense was no longer an important element winning. This Super Bowl was a shocker with how low scoring it was, but it underscores that defense is still vital. Both defenses played well, but the Pats defense was dominating.
I highly disagree with the rules in today's NFL. But yes defense did win this game. But I also think it's Just Bellicheck being better than any coach the NFL has ever seen. The guy is pure genius. I say change the Lombardi trophy to the Bellicheck Trophy. The guy is a Mastermind.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Neither team had a great defense but it was the Rams' offense that wilted on the big stage. Goff stunk up the joint.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
He missed 3 Tds. The one to cooks in end zone on blown coverage he was late, the one to the 1 he was late ,
He completely mis read the one across the middle

Heck at least he was accurate enough to make the throw and give his WR a chance. DAK would of thrown the ball at the WR feet or behind the WR. Goff gave his WR a chance to make a play. Goff is a better passer all day and every day. Goff’s OL was horrible

Dre11

Reaction score
Heck at least he was accurate enough to make the throw and give his WR a chance. DAK would of thrown the ball at the WR feet or behind the WR. Goff gave his WR a chance to make a play. Goff is a better passer all day and every day

Oh like the pass he threw to Beasley to win in New York. Or the strike he threw to Gallup in the first round playoff game? The strike down the middle to Jarwin? Want a few more. Gtfoh with that lazy bs

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Oh like the pass he threw to Beasley to win in New York. Or the strike he threw to Gallup in the first round playoff game? The strike down the middle to Jarwin? Want a few more. Gtfoh with that lazy bs
How about the throw at Beasley feet or over throwing a wide open Gallup. Everyone knows DAK is inAccurate as a passer. Good player but is not a passing QB.