I Guess defense does still win championships

Dre11

Reaction score
How about the throw at Beasley or over throwing a wide open Gallup. Everyone knows DAK is IN Accurate as a passer. Good player but is not a passing QB.

So no qb miss passes? You sited 2 passes...lol

_sturt_

Reaction score
i don’t really believe you can put it all on one side of the ball or the other, but a lot of folks felt defense was no longer an important element in winning. This Super Bowl was a shocker with how low scoring it was, but it underscores that defense is still vital. Both defenses played well, but the Pats defense was dominating.

And if you'd told me one or the other team's defense would hold the other team's offense to 3 points, I'm one of those who would have been lock-certain it'd be the Rams' over the Patriots. I didn't think the Pats had it in them.

Flamma

Reaction score
He didn't just miss some throws. They were Tds where he was late, that isn't defense that's mental.

Yeah Goff was throwing some wobbly floaters. He threw one pick, should have been two. Sometimes QBs get rattled if the pressure is on. The Patriots were not letting him do his usual 7 step drop play action. Once that was taken away he didn't look comfortable. Like against the Bears.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't just miss some throws. They were Tds where he was late, that isn't defense that's mental.
Those were big misses, but they weren’t the entirety of the game. The Rams punted 9 times, couldn’t get to the red zone, couldn’t run the ball, Goff was sacked 4 times, RBs were tackled several times for losses, and the DBs broke up a lot of passes. Goff could have played better, but all of what I mentioned wasn’t caused by three throws that missed. The Pats defense clearly did a very good job.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heck at least he was accurate enough to make the throw and give his WR a chance. DAK would of thrown the ball at the WR feet or behind the WR. Goff gave his WR a chance to make a play. Goff is a better passer all day and every day. Goff’s OL was horrible
This thread isn’t about Dak, it’s about the Super Bowl, so why are you trying to turn it into a bash Dak thread?

jimmy40

Reaction score
i don’t really believe you can put it all on one side of the ball or the other, but a lot of folks felt defense was no longer an important element in winning. This Super Bowl was a shocker with how low scoring it was, but it underscores that defense is still vital. Both defenses played well, but the Pats defense was dominating.
hard to fault people for thinking defense ain't all that when Philly gave up 500 yards passing last year and won.

Dre11

Reaction score
Those were big misses, but they weren’t the entirety of the game. The Rams punted 9 times, couldn’t get to the red zone, couldn’t run the ball, Goff was sacked 4 times, RBs were tackled several times for losses, and the DBs broke up a lot of passes. Goff could have played better, but all of what I mentioned wasn’t caused by three throws that missed. The Pats defense clearly did a very good job.

I get what else happen, but games are won with a few good to great plays, those 3 would've made the difference.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah Goff was throwing some wobbly floaters. He threw one pick, should have been two. Sometimes QBs get rattled if the pressure is on. The Patriots were not letting him do his usual 7 step drop play action. Once that was taken away he didn't look comfortable. Like against the Bears.

Two of the throws he had plenty time, the pick was pressure, but

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hard to fault people for thinking defense ain't all that when Philly gave up 500 yards passing last year and won.

As always, every season is different and every game is different. There will always be games where offense rules the day, but there will also be games where defenses are as key, or moreso, to victory. There is no one formula that every team or every game has to follow.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get what else happen, but games are won with a few good to great plays, those 3 would've made the difference.
Games are won by the entirety of what happens over the course of games. There is a reason they play the full 60 minutes instead of just giving each team 3-4 plays to try for a big play and decide the winner from that.

That’s really my point with this thread. Fans like to find a hot trend and declare that the only way to do it in the NFL, but there are always new things and reversions to old things along the way that prove there is more than one way to win.

kskboys

Reaction score
Heck at least he was accurate enough to make the throw and give his WR a chance. DAK would of thrown the ball at the WR feet or behind the WR. Goff gave his WR a chance to make a play. Goff is a better passer all day and every day. Goff’s OL was horrible
One of the weakest responses I've ever seen on this board. What in the blue blazes made you turn this thread about Defenses being important into a Dak bashing thread? I mean, seriously?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
How about the throw at Beasley feet or over throwing a wide open Gallup. Everyone knows DAK is inAccurate as a passer. Good player but is not a passing QB.

OMG Dak missed passes!! Do you even watch other games. Every QB in every single game misses throws. Or do you think every other QB is completing 99% of their passes?

Brady, the greatest ever, missed a lot of throws today and looked off. Good looked downright garbage.

Dak is a better QB than Goff. But Goff has an infinitely better coach and scheme to work with. Makes a big difference.

kwcool619

Reaction score

Yes, the Rams' OL got dominated especially #66. He was near useless. Is this a familiar picture? Yes, we have Conor Williams!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Sure Goff missed some plays, but there was a lot of good defense. Going into the game Goff had only been sacked once in the playoffs, and he was sacked 4 times in this one, and rushed over and over again, which had a lot to do with some of the missed throws. Plus, the Rams running game was shut down

It felt like NE just pinned their ears back and went after Goff all game. They executed well.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It felt like NE just pinned their ears back and went after Goff all game. They executed well.
It did, and they were able to do it without becoming vulnerable to the run. And Goff didn’t handle the constant pressure well.