I have been messing with this Draft Simulator. I think I am a draft guru now

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Despite the miserable season I am hooked again on everything Cowboys. Love draft season because it is a never-ending fountain of hope. I have been messing with this simulator. I got Vea, Hernandez, and Kirk in the first 3 rounds yesterday. That would be a great haul in my opinion. Stocking up on LBs, secondary, and fast offensive dynamos with all those 4,5, and 6 round picks. This is fun so I thought to pass it around. Enjoy...

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Actually using these simulators too much can skew your idea of what is actually attainable in the real draft.

I can't count the number of fan mocks I have seen that have players that won't go in the 7th round "proving" the genius of the online GM.

Honestly, I don't care for the simulators at all. Believe in them too much, you are just setting yourself up for bitter disappointment on draft day.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Actually using these simulators too much can skew your idea of what is actually attainable in the real draft.

I can't count the number of fan mocks I have seen that have players that won't go in the 7th round "proving" the genius of the online GM.

Honestly, I don't care for the simulators at all. Believe in them too much, you are just setting yourself up for bitter disappointment on draft day.

You mean Josh Rosen won't slip to the 4th round? To be clear, I was being sarcastic. I get that they are in the land of make believe. Still fun though.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You mean Josh Rosen won't slip to the 4th round? To be clear, I was being sarcastic. I get that they are in the land of make believe. Still fun though.

Fun as in like imagining what you would do if you win the lottery? I guess so.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yeah, Fanspeak is almost beyond comprehension-level unrealistic at times.
I SO wish we had just one Fanspeak thread, and ALL Fanspeak mocks had to go there.

I get curious about seeing someone's mock and then get disappoints and immediately move on when I see it's Fanspeak.
It's all in good fun, I get it.
But totally pie-in-the-sky stuff.

Big_D

Reaction score
Pretty cool. Went with the Cowboys at 19 and drafted Georgia LB Roquan Smith.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Despite the miserable season I am hooked again on everything Cowboys. Love draft season because it is a never-ending fountain of hope. I have been messing with this simulator. I got Vea, Hernandez, and Kirk in the first 3 rounds yesterday. That would be a great haul in my opinion. Stocking up on LBs, secondary, and fast offensive dynamos with all those 4,5, and 6 round picks. This is fun so I thought to pass it around. Enjoy...

If we walked away with just those three selections I'd be jumping up and down happy
would Nellie put his stamp on the selection, I dont know.
I think we'd have to move up in the second for Hernandez but i'm down with that too.

Kareemovweet

Reaction score
Yup all in fun and for sure not reality... here was my 4 rounder..

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT
19: R1P19
DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON
50: R2P18
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
81: R3P17
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE
118: R4P16
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE
138: R4P36
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
139: R4P37
LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I got Derwin James in the 1st
Rashaan Evans in the 2nd
Deon Cain 3rd
Hercules Mata'afa 4th
Troy Fumagalli 4th
Rashaad Penny 4th

Whyjerry

Reaction score

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT
DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA

You're hired!

Paintrain4978

Reaction score
Simulators can be useful when you're trying to figure who teams might take before your pick. You just have to use common sense. I did a fan speak mock once and when it was my pick Quenton Nelson, Denzel Ward, and Bradley Chubb were all still available. No way that happens so I took Hurst to make it more realistic.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Recently, I posted the results of a Monte Carlo simulation, not so much as a prediction of who Dallas might select, but rather who might be available in each of the first 4 rounds to select.

I updated the simulation recently using a combination of published player rankings and team needs/priorities. Without further ado, here are a few nuggets from the analysis:

Round 1
  • There is a greater than 90% probability (P90) that one of Vea, Payne or Hurst will be available at 19 when the Cowboys select.
  • There is a P50 probability that either Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edminds will be available.
  • There is less than P25 probability that Calvin Ridley will be available.
Round 2
  • There is a P75 probability that one of Will Hernandez, Isaiah Wynn or Billy Price will be available.
For those not familiar with probabilistic analysis, this approach simply projects who might be available, and not who might be selected.

My take-away from this is that, unless there is a really sweet deal on the table to trade down, Dallas can, most likely, address both BPA as well as "need" at their current draft position.

I know this is a rather academic approach to the draft, but it is fun. I tend to look at likelihood of occurrence rather than absolutes.

:flagwave:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The simulators make fans feel like geniuses because they get top 10 talents in the 3rd round if they "play" with it often enough.

Your top 3 picks are all likely 1st rounders.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT
DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE
TE MIKE GESICKI
PENN STATE
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
LB MICAH KISER
VIRGINIA
Re-do #138.....I prefer players with names I can pronounce....haha

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I've been using this with different draft rankings from the different sites and come up with Vea 75% of the time.

One player who seems to be all over the rankings is Dallas Goedert.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The simulators make fans feel like geniuses because they get top 10 talents in the 3rd round if they "play" with it often enough.

Your top 3 picks are all likely 1st rounders.

No sheet Sherlock. The post was intended to be fun. Lighten up.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm loving this draft simulator.

QB JOSH ROSEN
UCLA

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE

CB MIKE HUGHES
UCF