I have never been laid off. New experience

JBond

Reaction score
I was a VP. Don't get in bed with PE groups. A new experience. They cut 50 of us.

Anyone looking for an extremely experienced adult to help your group?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow, that sucks! Wish I could help, but the best I can do is wish you the best of luck!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Had it happen once and shocked me but working in IT 30 years now I know it is possible at any given time.

I recall how stressful it was for me and hope you have a far better time of it.
One good aspect of it is unemployment is still really low and jobs are available so it just it is just about finding the right offer.

Hardline

Reaction score
I was a VP. Don't get in bed with PE groups. A new experience. They cut 50 of us.

Anyone looking for an extremely experienced adult to help your group?
What's a PE group?

quickccc

Reaction score
update your resume to look impressive
save it on a file
and send it out to regarded job recruiters

i was furloughed during covid like millions,
its scary and deflating

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was laid off 3 times in 4 years in the early 90s. It led me to a place where I spent 25 years and retired in my 50s.

It could be the best thing to happen to you. Keep your head up.
Was laid off after 15 years with same company, it was a shock. There were some circumstances to that. They were transferring people to another state. I did not want to go, though that move was not happening for a year or so. Or at the time I indicated I was against it.

I then contracted with them working on the same project. But at least I got paid OT.
After a year I left, and started contracting (design engineering, aerospace) moving around. this was 1998. Spent 10 years with same company in DFW area 2 years, left for 2 years, returned for 8 years, then traveled around again for 4 years.

Turned out to be better for me, allowing me to retire early at almost 56.