1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

I have never heard a Dak fan explain why 1 playoff win is better than a Super Bowl win

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Red Dragon, May 22, 2020 at 10:53 AM.

1. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

5,540 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    First of all, I apologize in advance - yes I know, it's yet another Dak thread. We've had hundreds of them already. So I apologize.

Secondly, I am well aware that Dak has won a playoff game. I know perfectly well, because I was there myself in attendance at AT&T Stadium that night. Cowboys 24, Seahawks 22.

Third, I have nothing against Dak. I think he is a Top Ten quarterback in the league. I just don't think he is No. 1.

What I have never yet heard is a convincing explanation from a Dak supporter as to why Dak's one playoff win is better than Mahomes' four playoff wins, including a Super Bowl title. I am not a particularly math-literate person, but all arithmetic I've ever learned in my life points to four being greater than one.

The reason I'm using Mahomes as an example is because many fans are arguing that Dak should be the highest-paid quarterback in the entire league, higher than even Mahomes himself (or Brees, Brady, etc.)

Before Dak became the starting quarterback, the prevailing sentiment was that "it's Super Bowls that count, not mere playoff wins." After all, Blake Bortles has won a playoff game. But now that Dak is going through contract negotiations, suddenly one wild-card playoff win is considered to trump a Super Bowl championship itself. I cannot think of any logic, no matter how contorted, that justifies that line of reasoning.

Perhaps one will argue, "well, it's stats that count, not Super Bowl titles." But even going by stats alone, Mahomes significantly outperforms Dak.

The argument for Dak being the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL amounts to this: "A quarterback with lesser stats and a 1-2 record in the playoffs deserves to be paid more than a quarterback with better stats and a 4-1 playoff record, including a Super Bowl ring and Super Bowl MVP honors." If someone can justify that in a way that would make sense to my ears, I'm all ears.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2020 at 1:39 PM
  2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye.

21,710 Messages
    12,916 Likes Received
    Because highest paid changes every year.

egn22, BigCatMonaco, Scotman and 8 others like this.
  3. Se7enout

Se7enout Active Member

56 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    He doesn't deserve it. Dak himself said he doesn't deserve it.
    Daks agent is using dak to set a trend for his other clients. No more 5 year deals. The reason is simple, the camp is constantly rising and the longer the deal the more the agent is losing out on.

shabazz, the playmaker and visionary like this.
  4. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

12,230 Messages
    13,074 Likes Received
    Wins and losses are a team statistic. That's why you've yet to hear anything.

The end.

5. ksg811

ksg811 Well-Known Member

862 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    Because Dak is a free agent and Mahomes isn't. Dak is the next QB up for a new contract; it's simple market economics. When Mahomes signs his deal next season, he'll blow Dak out of the water. Then Lamar will follow him and so on and so forth. It's how the market works in the NFL.

egn22, EJK24, 408Cowboy and 26 others like this.
  6. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

4,111 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    Because moronic teams like the Rams and Vikings paid average QBs Big money.. Now, that is the standard. Same thing with what happened with Zeke last season. Oh, we can blame the Rams again for that. LOL

408Cowboy, LOBO7, DandyDon52 and 3 others like this.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,138 Messages
    59,277 Likes Received
    Funny, because I’ve never heard a Dak Detractor seriously explain why so many of them think a QB is 100% responsible for wins or losses in a game where they are generally on the field for less than half of the total snaps.

I wonder if the two phenomena are related?

8. PUSHfold

PUSHfold Well-Known Member

1,646 Messages
    2,182 Likes Received
    This is so asinine.
    I promise if you use your brain even a tiny bit you'll figure out answers to your own post.

I promise.

Nav22, TheHerd, jaythecowboy and 8 others like this.
  9. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

10,174 Messages
    12,478 Likes Received
    Literary no one is arguing this.

Mahomes is on a rookie contract. When he gets his next contract, he will be the highest paid QB ever and make whatever deal Dak end up getting pale in comparison.

50cent, egn22, 408Cowboy and 15 others like this.
  10. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

12,841 Messages
    6,192 Likes Received
    No one is making the argument that 1 playoff win is better than a Super Bowl.

If you can't tell the difference between Dak deserving "x" amount, which is more than guys like Mahomes who are still playing on rookie deals and Dak deserves to routinely make more (or even equal to) guys like Mahomes then I can't help you

RJ_MacReady and CowboyRoy like this.
  11. Streetwise

12,230 Messages
    13,074 Likes Received
    It's weird that the OP admits Prescott is a top 10 QB, but isn't a "Dak supporter."

12. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

9,214 Messages
    8,338 Likes Received
    Chris Jones should get paid more than Aaron Donald because Jones won a super bowl and Donald didn't, right @Red Dragon ?

13. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

12,841 Messages
    6,192 Likes Received
    This thread could have ended here...or just never began :laugh:

14. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

2,482 Messages
    3,855 Likes Received
    Never happens simultaneously lol.

Also no one thinks he’s the best QB in the league either, don’t even think many feel top 5. 8-10 is where most rational supporters stand.

Sevenup3000 likes this.
  15. Streetwise

12,230 Messages
    13,074 Likes Received
    Nope. And I don't see what's wrong with being ranked around that. But, the haters like to make it seem that supporters have him as the bestest ever.

16. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

4,047 Messages
    15,759 Likes Received
    So a Dak fan is supposed to argue that one playoff win is better than a Super Bowl win? Either I'm missing something, I'm in the Twilight Zone, or those mushrooms were not shiitakeo_O

17. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

10,924 Messages
    15,993 Likes Received
    Nobody thinks Dak is better ir deserves more than Mahomes. /thread

18. johneric8

johneric8 Well-Known Member

1,135 Messages
    1,824 Likes Received
    I stopped reading as soon as you said "Dak has won one playoff game".. This exposes you as a hater because any fan knows the a QB alone doesn't win you games!!!

Let me ask you a question, does Russell Wilson need great coaching and a well rounded team to win? You think he is a great QB right? Much better than Dak right?
    Well, he hasn't done a darn thing since that defense fell apart and he lost marshawn lynch... Please for the love of God quit saying things like "Dak won one playoff game" it just makes you look sports brain deficient.

19. cowboygo

cowboygo Well-Known Member

367 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    I suggest you read up on how an NFL Salary cap works and why it rises each year. Also, read up on the past contract extensions and figure out why the newest franchise QB that gets extended becomes the highest paid QB. Once you read up all this, I think you can understand why Mahomes, when he gets his extension, will surpass all other QBs and will be the highest paid one.

Dorsett33 likes this.
  20. Oneiros

Oneiros Well-Known Member

716 Messages
    1,186 Likes Received
    Mahomes also is on a whole different level talent wise and already has a Super Bowl ring to his name. So he's already earned making more than what Dak could ever dream of.