I have never heard a Dak fan explain why 1 playoff win is better than a Super Bowl win

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nope. And I don't see what's wrong with being ranked around that. But, the haters like to make it seem that supporters have him as the bestest ever.

you mean they say something stupid to try and make a case?
Classic troll behavior.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Mahomes also is on a whole different level talent wise and already has a Super Bowl ring to his name. So he's already earned making more than what Dak could ever dream of.

the trolls think kc should cut mahones after this year. After all there is the 13% rule right?

ghst187

Reaction score
I’ve never read that anyone said that and pretty sure they didn’t but this is the logical fallacy called straw man....

Bizwah

Reaction score
Dak is going to be the highest paid quarterback because he will be the latest to sign a contract. Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson will all get more money that Dak when they sign their new contracts. That's the way it works. The best player is not always the highest paid player.
This.....

I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept for fans to comprehend. You did a good job of explaining it.

In a perfect world I guess we'd rank the QBs, and pay them according to their stature.

But it doesn't work that way in the real world.

Each new QB up for a contract will set the new parameters on what the next group of QBs will make. That's it. Good QBs will all set a new market.

Dak will become the highest paid QB with his new contract....period. It doesn't matter where he "ranks". It's just the market price for a good NFL QB. Mahomes contract will then set the market after Dak. After that, it will be Lamar Jackson.....then....who knows?

The point is, you don't judge a QB's contract based on where you think he ranks as a player. If he's a good NFL QB, you pay up.

Kwyn

Reaction score
First of all, I apologize in advance - yes I know, it's yet another Dak thread. We've had hundreds of them already. So I apologize.

Secondly, I am well aware that Dak has won a playoff game. I know perfectly well, because I was there myself in attendance at AT&T Stadium that night. Cowboys 24, Seahawks 22.

Third, I have nothing against Dak. I think he is a Top Ten quarterback in the league. I just don't think he is No. 1.

What I have never yet heard is a convincing explanation from a Dak supporter as to why Dak's one playoff win is better than Mahomes' four playoff wins, including a Super Bowl title. I am not a particularly math-literate person, but all arithmetic I've ever learned in my life points to four being greater than one.

The reason I'm using Mahomes as an example is because many fans are arguing that Dak should be the highest-paid quarterback in the entire league, higher than even Mahomes himself (or Brees, Brady, etc.)

Before Dak became the starting quarterback, the prevailing sentiment was that "it's Super Bowls that count, not mere playoff wins." After all, Blake Bortles has won a playoff game. But now that Dak is going through contract negotiations, suddenly one wild-card playoff win is considered to trump a Super Bowl championship itself. I cannot think of any logic, no matter how contorted, that justifies that line of reasoning.

Perhaps one will argue, "well, it's stats that count, not Super Bowl titles." But even going by stats alone, Mahomes significantly outperforms Dak.

The argument for Dak being the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL amounts to this: "A quarterback with lesser stats and a 1-2 record in the playoffs deserves to be paid more than a quarterback with better stats and a 4-1 playoff record, including a Super Bowl ring and Super Bowl MVP honors." If someone can justify that in a way that would make sense to my ears, I'm all ears.
No one could “justify” this because you’ve taken a nonsensical position and asked people to argue against it

No one, ever, has said Dak is better than Mahomes.

Mahomes is the 36th highest paid QB ik the league. Following your (il)logic, there are fans out there suggesting that 35 QB’s are better than Pat Mahomes?

Dorsett33

Reaction score
First of all, I apologize in advance - yes I know, it's yet another Dak thread. We've had hundreds of them already. So I apologize.

Secondly, I am well aware that Dak has won a playoff game. I know perfectly well, because I was there myself in attendance at AT&T Stadium that night. Cowboys 24, Seahawks 22.

Third, I have nothing against Dak. I think he is a Top Ten quarterback in the league. I just don't think he is No. 1.

What I have never yet heard is a convincing explanation from a Dak supporter as to why Dak's one playoff win is better than Mahomes' four playoff wins, including a Super Bowl title. I am not a particularly math-literate person, but all arithmetic I've ever learned in my life points to four being greater than one.

The reason I'm using Mahomes as an example is because many fans are arguing that Dak should be the highest-paid quarterback in the entire league, higher than even Mahomes himself (or Brees, Brady, etc.)

Before Dak became the starting quarterback, the prevailing sentiment was that "it's Super Bowls that count, not mere playoff wins." After all, Blake Bortles has won a playoff game. But now that Dak is going through contract negotiations, suddenly one wild-card playoff win is considered to trump a Super Bowl championship itself. I cannot think of any logic, no matter how contorted, that justifies that line of reasoning.

Perhaps one will argue, "well, it's stats that count, not Super Bowl titles." But even going by stats alone, Mahomes significantly outperforms Dak.

The argument for Dak being the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL amounts to this: "A quarterback with lesser stats and a 1-2 record in the playoffs deserves to be paid more than a quarterback with better stats and a 4-1 playoff record, including a Super Bowl ring and Super Bowl MVP honors." If someone can justify that in a way that would make sense to my ears, I'm all ears.

This is more like you're out of touch on how the NFL works and how salaries work.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Who cares who is the number "1" qb.

Dan Marino was the most talented qb in the 80's and was drafted onto a super bowl caliber team and never won a championship and only won the afc once.

Meanwhile Doug Williams, Joe Theisman (later Mark Rypien), Jim Plunkett and Jim McMahon won super bowls in the same decade...and rypien in 91.

its all about teams....Defense and Coaching staffs. Its not about who is the number 1 qb.

plasticman

Reaction score
How long is Dak going to be "The Highest Paid Quarterback in NFL History"?

Only as long as it takes for Mahomes:s agent to find a pen......

These are phrases that sports media and franchise GM's like to use, "The _____est in NFL History!"

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Funny, because I’ve never heard a Dak Detractor seriously explain why so many of them think a QB is 100% responsible for wins or losses in a game where they are generally on the field for less than half of the total snaps.

I wonder if the two phenomena are related?
and it's funny I've never heard a Dak lover say he cost us a game. it's always the coach, offensive line, special team, defense, and any other team position or player they can blame it on. hum

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and it's funny I've never heard a Dak lover say he cost us a game. it's always the coach, offensive line, special team, defense, and any other team position or player they can blame it on. hum

He’s cost us games. He’s a QB. They touch the ball almost half the time. You can easily lose the game with three offensive turnovers, and that’s something that happens to QBs fairly regularly in the NFL.

Honestly, I have a harder time believing there are Dak supporters out there who wouldn’t acknowledge that he’s cost us games. Find me a QB who hasn’t.

nobody

Reaction score
I've never heard a Dak fan critique his game.

I'm a fan of Dak and critique him when it's called for. Same as I did for Romo. Nobody is above criticism. However, he like Romo was, is over-criticized.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Because that's a dumb assumption. Not one individual, has made this statement ever. You are the only one making this argument.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Mahomes is still on a rookie deal. Most starting QB's make more than Mahomes. When Mahomes extends he will probably get 45 AAV if not more
Something tells me Mahomes will give KC a slightly friendly deal with either the total cost or length of the contract to help that negotiation go better than what's happening in Dallas with Dak. If Pat was really into sports for the money, he could be making more playing baseball and have a fully guaranteed contract. But alas, Mahomes might be that most special QB that can overcome that pay gap between the two sports.

JBS

Reaction score
How do people actually think, type up about 350 words, and then come up with a thread like this and actually determine this was a good idea?

Lololol

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He doesn't deserve it. Dak himself said he doesn't deserve it.
Daks agent is using dak to set a trend for his other clients. No more 5 year deals. The reason is simple, the camp is constantly rising and the longer the deal the more the agent is losing out on.
Ok then this is where someone needs to break the trend , and if they told daks agent they rescind the tag and dak needs to look elsewhere for a job,
That would make his agent look bad, and then if dak didnt get a offer, or the highest offer was say 27 mil or less, then the agent would look real bad,
and other qb's would see this and think wow I dont want this to happen to me, and it would change the whole scene.

I think mahomes is going to want 50 mil a year.

Otherwise these agents and the qb's will hold their teams hostage and get salarys that are way too high for any team to sustain.