I have never heard a Dak fan explain why 1 playoff win is better than a Super Bowl win

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Never once seen a poster on this forum say that
when-we-all-post-something-on-reactiongifs-34044.gif

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I stopped reading as soon as you said "Dak has won one playoff game".. This exposes you as a hater because any fan knows the a QB alone doesn't win you games!!!

Let me ask you a question, does Russell Wilson need great coaching and a well rounded team to win? You think he is a great QB right? Much better than Dak right?
Well, he hasn't done a darn thing since that defense fell apart and he lost marshawn lynch... Please for the love of God quit saying things like "Dak won one playoff game" it just makes you look sports brain deficient.

well you happen to have missed the most important point: Wilson’s offensive line fell apart and he was scrambling for his life...and had no running game either. And if you think Dak is on the same level as Wilson it makes you look like a walking brain stem.

Hadenough

Reaction score
First of all, I apologize in advance - yes I know, it's yet another Dak thread. We've had hundreds of them already. So I apologize.

Secondly, I am well aware that Dak has won a playoff game. I know perfectly well, because I was there myself in attendance at AT&T Stadium that night. Cowboys 24, Seahawks 22.

Third, I have nothing against Dak. I think he is a Top Ten quarterback in the league. I just don't think he is No. 1.

What I have never yet heard is a convincing explanation from a Dak supporter as to why Dak's one playoff win is better than Mahomes' four playoff wins, including a Super Bowl title. I am not a particularly math-literate person, but all arithmetic I've ever learned in my life points to four being greater than one.

The reason I'm using Mahomes as an example is because many fans are arguing that Dak should be the highest-paid quarterback in the entire league, higher than even Mahomes himself (or Brees, Brady, etc.)

Before Dak became the starting quarterback, the prevailing sentiment was that "it's Super Bowls that count, not mere playoff wins." After all, Blake Bortles has won a playoff game. But now that Dak is going through contract negotiations, suddenly one wild-card playoff win is considered to trump a Super Bowl championship itself. I cannot think of any logic, no matter how contorted, that justifies that line of reasoning.

Perhaps one will argue, "well, it's stats that count, not Super Bowl titles." But even going by stats alone, Mahomes significantly outperforms Dak.

The argument for Dak being the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL amounts to this: "A quarterback with lesser stats and a 1-2 record in the playoffs deserves to be paid more than a quarterback with better stats and a 4-1 playoff record, including a Super Bowl ring and Super Bowl MVP honors." If someone can justify that in a way that would make sense to my ears, I'm all ears.
In no way should a NFL QB be the highest paid when its debatable that he is even a top 10 QB.

Polkton31

Reaction score
well you happen to have missed the most important point: Wilson’s offensive line fell apart and he was scrambling for his life...and had no running game either. And if you think Dak is on the same level as Wilson it makes you look like a walking brain stem.
:lmao: You just argued the same point he did, while calling him a walking brain stem for something he never said...:facepalm:

jnday

Reaction score
Funny, because I’ve never heard a Dak Detractor seriously explain why so many of them think a QB is 100% responsible for wins or losses in a game where they are generally on the field for less than half of the total snaps.

I wonder if the two phenomena are related?
Why does the Dak supporters make claims about a Dak having an 8-8 record this year or a 10-6 record in another year? Why do they give credit to Dak for the having a very high winning percentage during his career?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
First of all, I apologize in advance - yes I know, it's yet another Dak thread. We've had hundreds of them already. So I apologize.

Secondly, I am well aware that Dak has won a playoff game. I know perfectly well, because I was there myself in attendance at AT&T Stadium that night. Cowboys 24, Seahawks 22.

Third, I have nothing against Dak. I think he is a Top Ten quarterback in the league. I just don't think he is No. 1.

What I have never yet heard is a convincing explanation from a Dak supporter as to why Dak's one playoff win is better than Mahomes' four playoff wins, including a Super Bowl title. I am not a particularly math-literate person, but all arithmetic I've ever learned in my life points to four being greater than one.

The reason I'm using Mahomes as an example is because many fans are arguing that Dak should be the highest-paid quarterback in the entire league, higher than even Mahomes himself (or Brees, Brady, etc.)

Before Dak became the starting quarterback, the prevailing sentiment was that "it's Super Bowls that count, not mere playoff wins." After all, Blake Bortles has won a playoff game. But now that Dak is going through contract negotiations, suddenly one wild-card playoff win is considered to trump a Super Bowl championship itself. I cannot think of any logic, no matter how contorted, that justifies that line of reasoning.

Perhaps one will argue, "well, it's stats that count, not Super Bowl titles." But even going by stats alone, Mahomes significantly outperforms Dak.

The argument for Dak being the highest-paid quarterback in the NFL amounts to this: "A quarterback with lesser stats and a 1-2 record in the playoffs deserves to be paid more than a quarterback with better stats and a 4-1 playoff record, including a Super Bowl ring and Super Bowl MVP honors." If someone can justify that in a way that would make sense to my ears, I'm all ears.
its really simple. Mahomes is still on his rookie deal. Thats why. /thread

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Um ok. I have never heard a fan argue 1 Super Bowl win is better than 2 Súper bowl wins. When you really like it, you want more - cute kid from AT&T commercial

Dan Marino posted a 147-93 record as a starting quarterback in 17 seasons with the Miami Dolphins, but never won a Super Bowl.

Still pick him over Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson

Dan and Dak 40 wins in first 4 seasons. Only 2 qbs to do it with 15,000 yards. Oh wait that’s a team stat.

PFF has him as best deep passer in 2019. Dang it line gave him time to throw. Team stat again! Cowboys receivers dropped the most passes last years. That’s on Dak! Throw a better ball!

"Only use this if the receiver is 100 percent at fault and no one else can be blamed for the incompletion," ESPN tells its game charters.

He is homegrown. He gonna get paid and you’re gonna like it. If you don’t celebrate his success this upcoming year, you suck.

Disclaimer: Just got home after a 12 hour night shift. This sounded okay at time of posting.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Literally the first time I've heard some state that Dak's playoff win was better than a SB. You created this in your own head for views....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why does the Dak supporters make claims about a Dak having an 8-8 record this year or a 10-6 record in another year? Why do they give credit to Dak for the having a very high winning percentage during his career?

Because they’re making the same mistake?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Who did?

johneric8

Reaction score
No man, Russell needs a team effort to win, just like Dak.. Dak hasn't had that luxury, but has put up historic numbers and beat wilson in the playoffs so carry on..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nobody said Dak should be paid more than Mahomes.

Mahomes is not in negotiations for a new contract. He'll get more than Dak once he signs a new deal.

The fact that Dak won a playoff game with Garrett as the Head Coach might be more impressive that Mahomes winning a Super Bowl with a legit quality NFL Head Coach.

The degree of difficulty for a QB with regards to winning 1 playoff game with Garrett as Head Coach is probably higher than the degree of difficult of winning multiple Super Bowls with Belilchick as the Head Coach...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
"A quarterback with lesser stats and a 1-2 record in the playoffs deserves to be paid more than a quarterback with better stats and a 4-1 playoff record, including a Super Bowl ring and Super Bowl MVP honors." If someone can justify that in a way that would make sense to my ears, I'm all ears.
Us Cowboy fans, do not assign market value and will not be signing Dak's checks. So you are asking the wrong people. Call the Star and ask to speak to Jerry, if you want answers to that question.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Who cares who is the number "1" qb.

Dan Marino was the most talented qb in the 80's and was drafted onto a super bowl caliber team and never won a championship and only won the afc once.

Meanwhile Doug Williams, Joe Theisman (later Mark Rypien), Jim Plunkett and Jim McMahon won super bowls in the same decade...and rypien in 91.

its all about teams....Defense and Coaching staffs. Its not about who is the number 1 qb.
Even with a squad Joe Montana was always number one over Marino.

John Elway went to 3 super bowls in the 1980s with teams similar to the ones we have had recently.

Quarterbacks worth anything usually have a crew. They also make plays to help the team win.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Wow, now Wilson is prime Brady.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
And to understand the amount of money
Dak makes isn't any of my damn business. I
am just a fan.