I know it doesn't matter... But are Skins wearing white?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
For a while now they've made us wear blue at their place... Anyone heard about Sunday night?

And I know it doesn't matter... Just wondering.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2418764 said:
For a while now they've made us wear blue at their place... Anyone heard about Sunday night?

Speaking of uniforms. Man when I look at those early 70's colors we used to wear, I'm talking when the blue was really blue against those gray pants, man those were sharp. I wish we would go back to those colors.

And please ditch all the alternate garbage. It sells more stuff for Jerry but it sure doesn't look like the Cowboys.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
rcaldw;2418770 said:
Speaking of uniforms. Man when I look at those early 70's colors we used to wear, I'm talking when the blue was really blue against those gray pants, man those were sharp. I wish we would go back to those colors.

And please ditch all the alternate garbage. It sells more stuff for Jerry but it sure doesn't look like the Cowboys.

Agree... This is my favorite. Even if it was "jinxed". I seem to be one of the few, but I like the royal blue.

Roger_Staubach_Photo1_mid.jpg

And I hate the throwbacks, too. At first I thought they were okay and at least a tribute to our first unis, but now I can't stand them.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2418786 said:
Agree... This is my favorite. Even if it was "jinxed". I seem to be one of the few, but I like the royal blue.

Roger_Staubach_Photo1_mid.jpg

And I hate the throwbacks, too. At first I thought they were okay and at least a tribute to our first unis, but now I can't stand them.

Man, those look nice!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I read that the Skins will wear burgundy at home the rest of the way except for the Dallas game (natch).

EGTuna

Reaction score
Those old blues are just so freaking money. Don't know why they changed in the early 80s to the dark blue/sliver numbers. And the current blues pale in comparison to the 70s blues. I still have a Danny White blue jersey from when I was a kid that I gave to my son.

SkinsFanMania

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2418764 said:

I agree with you that it doesn't matter. However, Zorn has said that the Skins may be wearing white at home in the first eight games and the remainder we would wear burgundy, except the Cowboys games. So yes, the 'boys will be wearing blue on Sunday.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
SkinsFanMania;2418968 said:
I agree with you that it doesn't matter. However, Zorn has said that the Skins may be wearing white at home in the first eight games and the remainder we would wear burgundy, except the Cowboys games. So yes, the 'boys will be wearing blue on Sunday.

From the Skins point of view, I really like the Florida State style uniforms they wore when Stever Sperrier was the HC. They should have changed to those permanently. Plus, it would have gotten the Native Americans off of their backs.

By the way, look at the picture of Lilly. That is awesome, like he is coming out of the ground. I have a Lilly jersey from the 60's (I guess) from the NFL Throwbacks collection.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
We don't have "away blues". We're America's Team and we wear white at home, period. Home is everywhere within the United States boarders. In Washington. In Dallas. In Green Bay. In New England. In Miami. In San Fran.

What we have is "alternate blue". And the only time we have to wear them is when other teams try to mess with us and wear their away white at home.

So in essence it's not only ourselves they are messing with the chemistry of, but also themselves. They go against the "grain" to take us against the "grain", hurting both teams just as equally, because it is not the norm for either.

So let them get in their own heads and wear their away colors at home, why should that hurt us any more greatly? In fact, all they're really doing is giving us an event in which we get to put something special on for.

Actually we should just start referring to them as our "Dress Blues" for obviously special occasions. The uniform attire we put on when another team is holding such an event to be expecting us, and only us, the Great and Magnificent Dallas Cowboys. Such an awesome event, even they put on special attire for.

Yes, we are special. They're not doing it for anybody else.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
In the two pictures of Lilly, notice how his eyes are not on the guy who's blocking him--they're on the ball.

BTW, "Pictures of Lily" was a great song by the Who. :D

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I think The Blues are totally awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They look like a formidable team just by walking on the field.:bow:

just my 2cents;)

Wrangler87

Reaction score
percyhoward;2418987 said:
In the two pictures of Lilly, notice how his eyes are not on the guy who's blocking him--they're on the ball.

BTW, "Pictures of Lily" was a great song by the Who. :D

Someone should do a sticky with old Cowboys pictures like these. There used to be a website, something like "Bluestar Boys" or something. Anyway, I could just sit and look at these old pictures of Cowboys players all day long.

SkinsFanMania

Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2418982 said:
We don't have "away blues". We're America's Team and we wear white at home, period. Home is everywhere within the United States boarders. In Washington. In Dallas. In Green Bay. In New England. In Miami. In San Fran.

What we have is "alternate blue". And the only time we have to wear them is when other teams try to mess with us and wear their away white at home.

So in essence it's not only ourselves they are messing with the chemistry of, but also themselves. They go against the "grain" to take us against the "grain", hurting both teams just as equally, because it is not the norm for either.

So let them get in their own heads and wear their away colors at home, why should that hurt us any more greatly? In fact, all they're really doing is giving us an event in which we get to put something special on for.

Actually we should just start referring to them as our "Dress Blues" for obviously special occasions. The uniform attire we put on when another team is holding such an event to be expecting us, and only us, the Great and Magnificent Dallas Cowboys. Such an awesome event, even they put on special attire for.

Yes, we are special. They're not doing it for anybody else.

The Skins home uniforms have been white since 1981, when Gibbs came to town the first time, except for the Spurrier years and the first 8 games of the 2008 season. Zorn has said we will wear white at home the first 8 games and burgundy at home the remaining games of the season, except the 'boys game. Of course, the players have the final say.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
SkinsFanMania;2418999 said:
The Skins home uniforms have been white since 1981, when Gibbs came to town the first time, except for the Spurrier years and the first 8 games of the 2008 season. Zorn has said we will wear white at home the first 8 games and burgundy at home the remaining games of the season, except the 'boys game. Of course, the players have the final say.

Well, hell, shut me right up! :lmao: