I know this is not what we want to hear

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
but we all know about the issues the team is facing with poor decisions and poor play.

but as so many times before..

as fans we can do little until the season runs its course.

We have been doing that now for 25 years.

I have 4 seats in ATT stadium I share with my brothers.

We have had these since 1965.

We had a conference call yesterday and we agreed to sell the remaining game tickets and not attend games until Garrett is gone.

We can't take anymore mis-direction from the owner and coaches anymore.

The quality of play is just poor and embarrassing and in no way can you call this entertainment.

When we are spending $100 a person to attend Jerrah World b/w tickets, parking and food..

it is a unsettling situation.

How you guys respond is your business.

I think here in Texas..

you call it putting your money where your mouth is.

We have withdrawn our support after nearly 55 years of paying for the stadium and now the Star.

Just something I wanted to share.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Fair weather fans need bans.

Cancel your account if you don't support the team.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
oh heck. you better hope #1 dallas cowboys fan don't see this. "you losers jump ship the soon as it hits an iceberg".. :)

black label

Reaction score
P5TeuEh.gif

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
it's his money, I could care more but I don't. He can take a dump on the star at mid field for all I care.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Paragraphs. Separating every line is just as bad as not breaking up a wall of text.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
For the first time in my life a thought entered my mind that I knew was inevitable with JJ at the helm.

“Maybe I need a backup team”?

The earliest memory I have is watching the Cowboys with my dad (Craig Morton was the QB). He would occasionally leave on business all over the country and he got to watch the Cowboys at the Cotton Bowl!

Before the Cowboys were given a franchise, he used to listed to Packers games on the radio, and they were his favorite team.

I did not have a lot of fond memories in my youth, except for watching the Cowboys with my dad on that fuzzy b&w television (where he sat me, as a 2 1/2 year old to watch the moon landing).

I feel it all slipping away in Al Davis-esque fashion. A very rich man, who has no self doubt, and is in it to be close to pro football players so he feels like a big shot at his true love, a love that he’s never truly devoted himself to.

But I don’t think I can do it. Cheering for another team...it’s like forever ripping away what little good I had of my childhood.

Since 1969 I’ve never missed a game.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
but we all know about the issues the team is facing with poor decisions and poor play.

We had a conference call yesterday and we agreed to sell the remaining game tickets and not attend games until Garrett is gone.

The quality of play is just poor and embarrassing and in no way can you call this entertainment.

When we are spending $100 a person to attend Jerrah World b/w tickets, parking and food..

I think here in Texas..

We have withdrawn our support after nearly 55 years of paying for the stadium and now the Star.

I... I. ... I ... Me, me me me! Git out of dodge, fair fan!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
For the first time in my life a thought entered my mind that I knew was inevitable with JJ at the helm.

“Maybe I need a backup team”?

The earliest memory I have is watching the Cowboys with my dad (Craig Morton was the QB). He would occasionally leave on business all over the country and he got to watch the Cowboys at the Cotton Bowl!

Before the Cowboys were given a franchise, he used to listed to Packers games on the radio, and they were his favorite team.

I did not have a lot of fond memories in my youth, except for watching the Cowboys with my dad on that fuzzy b&w television (where he sat me, as a 2 1/2 year old to watch the moon landing).

I feel it all slipping away in Al Davis-esque fashion. A very rich man, who has no self doubt, and is in it to be close to pro football players so he feels like a big shot at his true love, a love that he’s never truly devoted himself to.

But I don’t think I can do it. Cheering for another team...it’s like forever ripping away what little good I had of my childhood.

Since 1969 I’ve never missed a game.
Well done!
You are a writer at heart!

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People have to follow their own path. No bad feelings RE; I'm feelin' it too - JJ make me feel like I've been staring at the sun too long and listening to fire truck sirens with my ear pressed to the horn. I'll follow the Cowboys till I shuffle my mortal coil (or the NFL starts playing flag football - cancel that; they virtually are doing so.)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I think here in Texas..

Jerry will miss you, redhaired girl.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I've never been so deflated as a fan and I've been once since 1972. Obviously I've seen worse seasons but this rot down from Jerrah to Garrett has broken me. It seemingly will never end.

plymkr

Reaction score

I think here in Texas..

I'm glad you took the time to share this. I personally think this is one of the better posts I've read in a while. 2 things I want to say. 1. Is there any way you can send this to ESPN, or NFL network or CBS, or whatever network and have them read it to a national audience. I feel Jerry has to see and hear what he has done to this fanbase. He has turned the Dallas Cowboys into a joke. One of the proudest sports franchises of all time has been reduced to putting out average to below average teams. There was a time in my life that I remember losing a game was the end of the world. There was a time in my life that going into each season the NFL expected the Cowboys to compete for a Super Bowl. Playoffs were a given. Now moral victories and 8-8 seasons are the norm. We're the perennial "wait till next year" team, or "If so and so didn't get injured we'd be in the playoffs" team. We used to be the Kings of the NFL, now we are the Kings of excuses and what-ifs, and the ultimate Kings of "the refs stole the game from us". Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson never had a game decided by the refs for them. When Jerry hired Barry Switzer he brought in a culture of irresponsibility and unaccountably and Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, Woodson, Haley, etc was the deodorant that freshened up the culture that Jerry brought. That culture still remains and has gotten worse and the deodorants of Romo, Ware, Witten, Murray, Bryant, Martin, etc are not powerful enough to overcome the Jerry's irresponsible and average stank. Jerry is a mentally ill, delusional narcissist who believes he is a qualified football GM. He's not and he sucks.

2. I wish all season ticket holders would do what the OP is doing. Sell the tickets to opposing fans until Jerry fires Garrett. Let's make Jerry a unwanted quest in his own home. If the narcissistic temple Jerry built to worship himself was used as a haven for his enemies then maybe he'll get it. How do you cure a narcissist? You pop their delusional reality like an over inflated balloon. Jerry's balloon needs to be popped.

I know people will say this is not fair to the players. I say DO THIS FOR THE PLAYERS. If this continues the players suffer from sub par coaching, offensive schemes that my dog can predict, and no accountability for bad player behavior. The talents of Elliot, Martin, Smith, Lee, Jaylon, Collins, LVE, DLaw and I guess Prescott will be wasted by this coward of a head coach. A head coach "in training" for 8 years. The players deserve a real coach and a real GM and as fans we do have a voice and I wish we would use it.

BTW I have been a Cowboys' fan for over 43 years. I'll never watch another team but I am feeling that I am close to not watching this team anymore if things stay the same. Which would mean I would not watch NFL at all.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'm glad you took the time to share this. I personally think this is one of the better posts I've read in a while. 2 things I want to say. 1. Is there any way you can send this to ESPN, or NFL network or CBS, or whatever network and have them read it to a national audience. I feel Jerry has to see and hear what he has done to this fanbase. He has turned the Dallas Cowboys into a joke. One of the proudest sports franchises of all time has been reduced to putting out average to below average teams. There was a time in my life that I remember losing a game was the end of the world. There was a time in my life that going into each season the NFL expected the Cowboys to compete for a Super Bowl. Playoffs were a given. Now moral victories and 8-8 seasons are the norm. We're the perennial "wait till next year" team, or "If so and so didn't get injured we'd be in the playoffs" team. We used to be the Kings of the NFL, now we are the Kings of excuses and what-ifs, and the ultimate Kings of "the refs stole the game from us". Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson never had a game decided by the refs for them. When Jerry hired Barry Switzer he brought in a culture of irresponsibility and unaccountably and Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, Woodson, Haley, etc was the deodorant that freshened up the culture that Jerry brought. That culture still remains and has gotten worse and the deodorants of Romo, Ware, Witten, Murray, Bryant, Martin, etc are not powerful enough to overcome the Jerry's irresponsible and average stank. Jerry is a mentally ill, delusional narcissist who believes he is a qualified football GM. He's not and he sucks.

2. I wish all season ticket holders would do what the OP is doing. Sell the tickets to opposing fans until Jerry fires Garrett. Let's make Jerry a unwanted quest in his own home. If the narcissistic temple Jerry built to worship himself was used as a haven for his enemies then maybe he'll get it. How do you cure a narcissist? You pop their delusional reality like an over inflated balloon. Jerry's balloon needs to be popped.

I know people will say this is not fair to the players. I say DO THIS FOR THE PLAYERS. If this continues the players suffer from sub par coaching, offensive schemes that my dog can predict, and no accountability for bad player behavior. The talents of Elliot, Martin, Smith, Lee, Jaylon, Collins, LVE, DLaw and I guess Prescott will be wasted by this coward of a head coach. A head coach "in training" for 8 years. The players deserve a real coach and a real GM and as fans we do have a voice and I wish we would use it.

BTW I have been a Cowboys' fan for over 43 years. I'll never watch another team but I am feeling that I am close to not watching this team anymore if things stay the same. Which would mean I would not watch NFL at all.
Man..

and I thought i was going out on a limb with this post.

I feel every sentence you wrote.

To try to dramatize this by going to ESPN or others would be a violation of the guidelines here and I do not want to hurt our website here with unwanted attention.

Its not a protest.

its just how my brothers and I feel.

I hope everybody reads and thinks about their level of commitment and does what they feel is right.

We are just dollar signs to this owner..

pure and simple.

Longtime fans like you and I come from a place the current generation of fans does not.

Yes..there were some great times in Dallas with this team.

We are fortunate to have been there.

Thanx for the post.

:thumbup: