I know we won...

links18

Reaction score
...and really I am not as apoplectic about not creaming the Bungles as a lot of people are, but as my boss likes to say: "there is never any excuse"....."under no circumstances"..."this should never happen"...."we can never have this", etc. etc. I am talking about getting caught off guard by an onside kick. I don't know if it is poor coaching or complacent players, but there is no reason to get caught off guard by an onside kick, especially when you are playing an 0-4 team in a close game when you know they are going to take chances to try to win. :bang2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
that onside kick gave me flashbacks when the Eagles did that two us a couple of years ago.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Uh, good execution by the Bengals is completely out of the realm of possibility?

Why?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
did you spend all night thinking about something that you figured no one else would think of?

And, that was a good and ballsy play by the bengals more than a damning conviction of the inept nature of our coaches and team.

links18

Reaction score
Hostile;2312491 said:
Uh, good execution by the Bengals is completely out of the realm of possibility?

Why?

No, but we were clearly caught off guard by it. Or do you disagree?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
links18;2312532 said:
No, but we were clearly caught off guard by it. Or do you disagree?
And the point is?

Dude, they did a great job. Does that mean we suck?

Oh my gosh, we suck. :cry2:

Give me a break.

links18

Reaction score
stealth;2312492 said:
did you spend all night thinking about something that you figured no one else would think of?

And, that was a good and ballsy play by the bengals more than a damning conviction of the inept nature of our coaches and team.

Do you spend all night thinking of ways to insult other posters so you can feel better than everyone else?

Yes, it was a gutsy call, but really, the front line guys need to be watching for an onside kick EVERY TIME. Maybe Randall Williams wasn't so bad after all:D

Aven8

Reaction score
Remember when we had a coach that was ballsy and would do that sort of thing, while we were winning???? When is the last time this team has tried to block a punt? :banghead:

links18

Reaction score
Hostile;2312539 said:
And the point is?

Dude, they did a great job. Does that mean we suck?

Oh my gosh, we suck. :cry2:

Give me a break.

The point is do not get caught off guard by an onside kick. Did I say we suck? No. We don't suck; we just aren't playing with very much discipline at times right now. Win or lose, I think it is a legitimate topic of debate as to whether or not we need to improve our discipline and who is responsible for that.

What about the two huge kick returns? Were they great plays by the Bengals or a breakdown in coverage? Could it be some of both? Could we improve?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
links18;2312544 said:
Do you spend all night thinking of ways to insult other posters so you can feel better than everyone else?

Yes, it was a gutsy call, but really, the front line guys need to be watching for an onside kick EVERY TIME. Maybe Randall Williams wasn't so bad after all:D

I spent my night having sexy dreams where I am covered in fried okra and dipped in chocolate.

Could you throw these cold cuts at me?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
links18;2312569 said:
The point is do not get caught off guard by an onside kick. Did I say we suck? No. We don't suck; we just aren't playing with very much discipline at times right now. Win or lose, I think it is a legitimate topic of debate as to whether or not we need to improve our discipline and who is responsible for that.

What about the two huge kick returns? Were they great plays by the Bengals or a breakdown in coverage? Could it be some of both? Could we improve?
Dude, is it so wrong to simply smile and tip your hat to the Bengals for good execution? They probably could have done that to any team yesterday. Does that mean all teams suck? The fact is most teams set up for the kick return. On occasion someone will throw a curve ball and try that. They tried it and it worked. Kudos to the Bengals. It doesn't mean anything because we erased it by causing a fumble and recovering the ball.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stealth;2312576 said:
I spent my night having sexy dreams where I am covered in fried okra and dipped in chocolate.

Could you throw these cold cuts at me?
No maple syrup in the eyes this time?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cinn took a gamble on the play, 2 Cowboy players did come up on the ball but the onside was very well executed and they recovered it. If they fail Dallas has position in Cinn territory.

links18

Reaction score
Hostile;2312587 said:
Dude, is it so wrong to simply smile and tip your hat to the Bengals for good execution? They probably could have done that to any team yesterday. Does that mean all teams suck? The fact is most teams set up for the kick return. On occasion someone will throw a curve ball and try that. They tried it and it worked. Kudos to the Bengals. It doesn't mean anything because we erased it by causing a fumble and recovering the ball.

No, and I admitted it was good execution by the Bengals, but we were still caught off guard. I will ask you again, do you disagree? Randall Williams wasn't caught off guard against Philly in 2003, maybe he actually studied game film from 2000?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Nitpicking details is so pointless.

That's the whole thing anyone is saying to you, picking one play out, and milking it as a hugh problem for the team doesn't actually make it a problem.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
It was several turnovers, mistakes, and soft defense that again plagued us which allowed the Bengals back in the game and gave them chance to almost steal one. Against a better opponent we likely would've paid for it.

It's good to have gotten the win, but this team is far from Super Bowl caliber if it keeps playing like it has.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stealth;2312611 said:
Nitpicking details is so pointless.

That's the whole thing anyone is saying to you, picking one play out, and milking it as a hugh problem for the team doesn't actually make it a problem.

I agree. I was more upset with 2 long Cinn returns than I was with the onside kick. It was a gutsy call on Cinn part. Dallas did react to the onside kick as 2 guys on the inside came up on the play but Cinn ran the play to prefection

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
links18;2312609 said:
No, and I admitted it was good execution by the Bengals, but we were still caught off guard. I will ask you again, do you disagree? Randall Williams wasn't caught off guard against Philly in 2003, maybe he actually studied game film from 2000?
Can you please point out the game film of a Cincy onsides kick that our guys missed.

I'll wait.