I Know Why the Cowboys Are No Longer the Dallas Cowboys

eromeopolk

Reaction score
After watching NFL Top 10 Hail Mary Plays with my Daughter, I know why the Cowboys are no longer the Dallas Cowboys. It all started with Roger Staubach's Hail Mary. The Roger Staubach saying the Hail Mary Prayer. Then the revelation for the reason the Cowboys are now longer The Dallas Cowboys came to me.

It has nothing to do with Jerry Jones the Dumbo GM, wasted years of Dave Campo, passing on Randy Moss, Romomania, trading for Joey Galloway, trading for Roy Williams, Cowboy players in the weeds, drafting one legged LBs, firing Jimmy Johnson, or running off Bill Parcells.

The reason is God can not see his favorite team. Yeah I know God is everywhere. But Texas Stadium was a man made mistake to make the first retractable roof stadium that was not done correctly. Man's mistake was God's intervention. This design prompted Cowboys linebacker D. D. Lewis to make his now-famous (and much paraphrased) quip "Texas Stadium has a hole in its roof so God can watch His favorite team play. Dallas Cowboys fans, Management, and Players made the excuse that hole in the roof was so God can see his favorite team. Key word favorite or favor. God was giving the Cowboys favor all through the 70's, 80's and 90's.

The Dallas Cowboys moved into Texas Stadium in 1971 beating the Patriots 44-21. Staubach made a catholic pray a forever catch phrase for the most divine intervention play in football. Cowboy fans were saying over and over "the hole so God can watch his favorite team play". The Coach of the Dallas Cowboys was a Methodist Sunday School teacher and President of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Even when Jerry fired the Sunday School teacher, God already had planted the seed of Jimmy Johnson being the roommate of Jerry Jones completing what Tex Schramm and Gil Brandt had already discussed with Jimmy Johnson in 1988 to replace the great Tom Landry.

However, 1997 Jerry Jones announced a change of plans to renovate Texas Stadium and started negotiating a new Stadium to the glory of Jerry in Arlington Texas. 1997 the Dallas Cowboys went 6-10. The Dallas Cowboys have not sniffed a Super Bowl while in Jerry's World Cowboys Stadium. The year Texas Stadium closed in 2008, the last game was a lost to the Baltimore Ravens 33-24. The final score and result of the game contains Three 6 6 6; 3 + 3 (33), 2+4 (24), and that lost gave the Cowboys their 6 lost of the season. The stadium is no longer the stadium with the hole so God can watch his favorite team...it is Jerry's World. "What profit a man to gain the world but lose his soul."

I think the TV show American Gods has something to it. From God's favorite team to Jerry's World, has Media, Technical Boy and Mr. World taken over America's Team that had God's favor. Can we obtain favor again?

This is what happens in the off season with a lot of free time and TV shows to watch until football season begins.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
After watching NFL Top 10 Hail Mary Plays with my Daughter, I know why the Cowboys are no longer the Dallas Cowboys. It all started with Roger Staubach's Hail Mary. The Roger Staubach saying the Hail Mary Prayer. Then the revelation for the reason the Cowboys are now longer The Dallas Cowboys came to me.

It has nothing to do with Jerry Jones the Dumbo GM, wasted years of Dave Campo, passing on Randy Moss, Romomania, trading for Joey Galloway, trading for Roy Williams, Cowboy players in the weeds, drafting one legged LBs, firing Jimmy Johnson, or running off Bill Parcells.

The reason is God can not see his favorite team. Yeah I know God is everywhere. But Texas Stadium was a man made mistake to make the first retractable roof stadium that was not done correctly. Man's mistake was God's intervention. This design prompted Cowboys linebacker D. D. Lewis to make his now-famous (and much paraphrased) quip "Texas Stadium has a hole in its roof so God can watch His favorite team play. Dallas Cowboys fans, Management, and Players made the excuse that hole in the roof was so God can see his favorite team. Key word favorite or favor. God was giving the Cowboys favor all through the 70's, 80's and 90's.

The Dallas Cowboys moved into Texas Stadium in 1971 beating the Patriots 44-21. Staubach made a catholic pray a forever catch phrase for the most divine intervention play in football. Cowboy fans were saying over and over "the hole so God can watch his favorite team play". The Coach of the Dallas Cowboys was a Methodist Sunday School teacher and President of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Even when Jerry fired the Sunday School teacher, God already had planted the seed of Jimmy Johnson being the roommate of Jerry Jones completing what Tex Schramm and Gil Brandt had already discussed with Jimmy Johnson in 1988 to replace the great Tom Landry.

However, 1997 Jerry Jones announced a change of plans to renovate Texas Stadium and started negotiating a new Stadium to the glory of Jerry in Arlington Texas. 1997 the Dallas Cowboys went 6-10. The Dallas Cowboys have not sniffed a Super Bowl while in Jerry's World Cowboys Stadium. The year Texas Stadium closed in 2008, the last game was a lost to the Baltimore Ravens 33-24. The final score and result of the game contains Three 6 6 6; 3 + 3 (33), 2+4 (24), and that lost gave the Cowboys their 6 lost of the season. The stadium is no longer the stadium with the hole so God can watch his favorite team...it is Jerry's World. "What profit a man to gain the world but lose his soul."

I think the TV show American Gods has something to it. From God's favorite team to Jerry's World, has Media, Technical Boy and Mr. World taken over America's Team that had God's favor. Can we obtain favor again?

This is what happens in the off season with a lot of free time and TV shows to watch until football season begins.
They are still and will always be The Dallas Cowboys no matter how much our “fans” crap on them.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Abraham-Lincoln-and-John-F.-Kennedy-1-819x1024.jpg

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It is Friday evening. Maybe alcohol can be blamed which might give @Reality a reason to pardon you from a lifetime ban...