I like LVE but if he's going to have lingering neck/back problems, cut bait now

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Tough crowd. Let's at least let him play out his (cheap) contract first.

Sean Lee might just spontaneous combust yet we've kept him around.

conner01

Reaction score
We don't yet know the extent of lve's Injury. He might be fine in a couple of weeks. Seems rash to be talking about culling him from the team.
Cutting a guy under his rookie contract would be crazy
When he’s up for a contract you visit with the docs and see if there are issues going forward

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You and others like you, need to learn how to comprehend. I did not say cut him for no reason. I said if he is going to have lingering injuries to his neck/back, they SHOULD cut bait. If it is temporary, yes, it would be ludicrous to get rid of a young, athletic, serviceable linebacker. I am glad Andrew Luck, has a brain for himself. Mahomes situation, does not even compare, but nice try.
No I understood what you said, it's just pointless.

Every team should cut every player who has a career-ending injury.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Lets just wait and see, IF JJ has the nads to boot his desk jockey HC and bring in a real coach of men, maybe the new blood will get these buttercups to man up and do what their being well paid to do, entertain us and win football games, which means playing through the bo bo's they get during the season.

erod

Reaction score
We don't yet know the extent of lve's Injury. He might be fine in a couple of weeks. Seems rash to be talking about culling him from the team.
He's been having the same issue for years apparently.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I like LVE, but if he's going to have lingering neck/back problems; cut bait now. The team waited on Smith (flash in the pan). Gregory, is at home playing video games, with his child. When will this team learn how to let go of dead weight?

There are a few lineman, that may also need to be moved, but the Cowboys will ride, until they die. The rigidity of this team is astounding. Do it one way for a long period of time, with little success.

Don't get me wrong, I want every player to receive equal opportunity to flourish. But this team is ridiculous. Talk, coddle, talk.

I been said get the THUMPER BACK in here. He brought an edge at the position.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No I understood what you said, it's just pointless.

Every team should cut every player who has a career-ending injury.

Explain to me, why would any team keep a non-contributing player, on their team. A non-contributing player is an impediment to progress. If said player is serviceable, there is no need for comment. That is why I said "if".

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Says a guy who wants to cut bait on a guy with a stinger ............ Genius

How do you know, it's just a stinger? Trent Williams, just had heartburn. You, are truly the genius. Stingers are a part of the game, but possible life threatening injuries, should be taken seriously. Let me guess, you will skip over the word "possible."

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
How do you know, it's just a stinger? Trent Williams, just had heartburn. You, are truly the genius. Stingers are a part of the game, but possible life threatening injuries, should be taken seriously. Let me guess, you will skip over the word "possibly."

Show me a link saying that this is a life threatening injury ........ I will wait

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cutting a guy under his rookie contract would be crazy
When he’s up for a contract you visit with the docs and see if there are issues going forward

Some posters just want to be negative, no one in business forgoes due diligence, when making decisions.

VABoyz

Reaction score
THOSE neck injuries are a whole different animal..it will become lingering..ive seen people go through it and ive had some myself. i lift heavy weights but i dont go crashing into people at high speeds multiple times every sunday. i cant imagine how he can last a long time. i hope im wrong because hes talented but the neck is different.the team better protect itself contractual wise or else youll have a gang of fans saying "i cant believe we signed him knowing the possibility of his neck!"

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pollard's out with a "possible" life threatening ankle sprain ........ He "may" never play again.

We should cut him

Z, you are better than this. Stop with the foolishness, and talk like a competent person. I still haven't had one individual respond to me pertaining to the Trent Williams situation.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I like LVE, but if he's going to have lingering neck/back problems; cut bait now. The team waited on Smith (flash in the pan). Gregory, is at home playing video games, with his child. When will this team learn how to let go of dead weight?

There are a few lineman, that may also need to be moved, but the Cowboys will ride, until they die. The rigidity of this team is astounding. Do it one way for a long period of time, with little success.

Don't get me wrong, I want every player to receive equal opportunity to flourish. But this team is ridiculous. Talk, coddle, talk.
So you’re his Dr?

InTheZone

Reaction score

:thumbdown:j/k :hammer::hammer: