I like the coaches & players

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xwalker, Nov 27, 2020.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

48,723 Messages
    50,141 Likes Received
    One thing that I'm absolutely certain about is that I'm a more objective viewer than you are.

If you're honest with yourself, you know that my statement is true.

You still hold a grudge because Jerry fired Landry.

Corso and Verdict like this.
  2. xwalker

48,723 Messages
    50,141 Likes Received
    Many "fans" don't really watch the games. They just casually observe and see big plays, good or bad.

I watched the same TV as one of those fans on Thanksgiving.

Rockport likes this.
  3. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

21,979 Messages
    20,230 Likes Received
    Good post Shake. This has been a season of continuous setbacks with the injuries. It’s like they never end. Every game we lose at least another starter if not 2. Then the next game we lose the backups to the starters. Then the next game we lose the backup to the backup to the starters. That’s why we’re seeing desperation moves from the coaches. They really have no choice. I’m glad there are others like you and @xwalker and a few others who see the truth.

817Gill, Ring6 and xwalker like this.
  4. obidiah

obidiah Well-Known Member

1,077 Messages
    968 Likes Received
    "
    "Garrett would have just had Zeke ram into the Washington DL all game long despite their DL being one of the best." Cannot deny this.

xwalker likes this.
  5. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

21,979 Messages
    20,230 Likes Received
    They really don’t. If you watch the game day threads they’re constantly typing posts. How can they be watching? They can’t. They’re only listening and so whatever the announcers say, they take as gospel. Then whatever others on the game day thread say they take as gospel because they have no clue. Eventually it delves into total BS

6. Techsass

Techsass Well-Known Member

3,061 Messages
    3,966 Likes Received
    I don't know how much input he had in GB on draft picks, but I seem to remember an early quote that it wasn't much.

7. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

10,895 Messages
    7,619 Likes Received
    Seems like out of the new coaches we got the worse one.

Jack Burton likes this.
  8. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

7,764 Messages
    24,110 Likes Received
    That is a very un objective and inaccurate statement on your part. I was actually of the opinion Landry needed to go. Never had a problem with his removal other than the tone deaf way it was handled. So you are objectively wrong about that. Thanks for the opportunity to correct you on that, lol.

And also for the record, the only thing I begrudge Jerry is his poor results as GM the last 25 years. I happen to think he’s a good father and family man, and clearly an outstanding businessman. But he’s a terrible GM. And I base that not on a grudge, but on the results he has produced on the field.

That is me being completely honest. I don’t know if you are more objective than me. But I do know you’re statement that I hold a grudge against Jerry for the firing of Tom Landry is factually inaccurate.

9. pitt33

pitt33 Well-Known Member

2,253 Messages
    2,625 Likes Received
    In particular the defense.

Coaches and players alike stink. But I will say Donovan Wilson...maybe...just maybe...can become a playmaking safety this team sorely needs. I like his moxy.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country likes this.
  10. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

7,101 Messages
    8,013 Likes Received
    I dont disagree but the fact that they seem to think the fix to all that is multiple fake punts in your own end at the wrong times scares me big time.

Jack Burton likes this.
  11. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

16,630 Messages
    28,431 Likes Received
    You can join me and @817Gill in the "trade down from three" clubhouse. Get a high pick and trade down for an extra high #2 pick. Take Surtain or Parsons with the #1 and then a Safety and DT with the 2nd round picks. Sign a veteran Safety FA for good measure and your defense is set.

817Gill and xwalker like this.
  12. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

29,579 Messages
    55,738 Likes Received
    I've seen similar statements from you in the past, so I can verify that you're not making this up as a response to his post. I'd also say most Cowboys fans have a similar outlook on Landry's dismissal. Even Jerry has stated regret about the way he handled that.

jjktkk, Jack Burton, wrongway and 2 others like this.
  13. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

4,635 Messages
    4,773 Likes Received
    ...there it is short and sweet. Done, finito, termine..etc. Lets rock on to 21'.

xwalker likes this.
  14. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

4,228 Messages
    2,616 Likes Received
    Jerry is 78.

Net worth is north of 8.x Billion USD.

Why would Jerry let big Mike struggle?

Time is short.

15. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

10,751 Messages
    11,255 Likes Received
    One of the worst defenses in the history of the league, and a stale offense to go with it. What's not to love?

Jack Burton, pitt33 and Bobhaze like this.
  16. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

3,421 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Would Landry’s offense have been as bad as Shula’s was that first year of Jimmy Johnson time?

17. xwalker

48,723 Messages
    50,141 Likes Received
    You avoid the football questions.

You can claim whatever about your take on Jerry/Landry but you've referenced it too many times both directly and indirectly for it not to be a big issue to you.

Fans focus on Jerry when they don't know enough about football to stay focused on actual football details.

18. ArtClink

ArtClink Well-Known Member

1,002 Messages
    1,659 Likes Received
    Don't be too upset. Xwalker is one of the few fans here content with 25 years and still no divisional playoff win. He is a Jerry defender to the end, or at least 25 years and counting. But don't say the Cowboys suck or he'll come unglued defending the past 25 seasons.

Jack Burton and Bobhaze like this.
  19. ArtClink

ArtClink Well-Known Member

1,002 Messages
    1,659 Likes Received
    Attack the opinions, not the poster. You follow Hazey around throwing shade at every post. If Hazey posts we haven't won a divisional playoff game in 25 years (fact), you will contest it and get your panties in a wad. Move on dude.

20. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

7,764 Messages
    24,110 Likes Received
    Ha! A very un-objective take on your part X. You obviously don’t know me at all. I’m not interested in telling you what you believe or think any more than I am interested in you telling me what I believe or think. Your opinions here are just that. One guys opinion. And I appreciate you expressing them. You’re a great Cowboys fan. But IMO, it’s foolish to tell fans on a fan forum that they don’t know much about football. Because you actually don’t know that.

I can only speak for myself when I say the bottom line with football for me and Jerry is the W. As in Jerry hasn’t been getting very many. I’m not pretending to be an expert.

ArtClink likes this.