I love what the Dolphins are doing

Flamma

Reaction score
You know what would stop tanking? Randomly set the draft order for all non playoff teams. End of tanking.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Cavs tanked in order to draft LeBron James 1st overall.
And didn't win a title with LeBron the first time around.
They got the best player of the last 30 years and still didn't win a title with LeBron before he left in free agency for nothing.

So they tanked again for a few more years and then he returned and they
built through FA with only Kyrie being much of anything.

Tanking hasn't won anyone jack but it "occasionally" provides a start on that path.
And so yes teams that are non-lotto in he NBA go that path.
It sort of makles sense but it's awful in every way. So now teams have less odds for being superbad than before and we will see if people still continue to just suck for sucking's sake.
End of the day in the NBA it is mostly about ping pong luck and the obvious part that never gets mentioned,.., knowing how to actually spot and draft talent.

Where was Giannis drafted again?

Jordan was picked first overall right? I mean surely... right? Oh wait.

Tanking is for cowards and losers imho.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Dolphins FLEECED the Texans LMAO!
The Dolphins suck because they can't draft.
More picks is kinda pointless imho.

In the NFL tanking can last a decade to wear off, see CLE.

The Dolphins know Tunsil well and may not trust him enough to pay him big money.
If so the trade was smart.
That's not about tanking but being given an offer they couldn't refuse.

John813

Reaction score
I think Chaz Green could start for Miami at tackle.

Davenport, Davis and Prince is a dubious lineup at tackle

kskboys

Reaction score
Tanking hasn't really worked in the NBA (the last NBA champ that came about because of tanking may well be the Spurs tanking after Robinson was hurt and gettting Duncan) and it definitely doesnt work in the NFL.

If you get Tua or Trevor the first thing you want is an LT and they had the best young LT in football.
Jimmy Johnson says you're not even close to right!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
The problem is you tank for a QB and he turns into a bust, which is more often than not
Name all these QB's teams tanked for that busted. Only one I can think of is Luck, and he was a stud that had his career ruined by pathetic GMing.

kskboys

Reaction score
And didn't win a title with LeBron the first time around.
They got the best player of the last 30 years and still didn't win a title with LeBron before he left in free agency for nothing.

So they tanked again for a few more years and then he returned and they
built through FA with only Kyrie being much of anything.

Tanking hasn't won anyone jack but it "occasionally" provides a start on that path.
And so yes teams that are non-lotto in he NBA go that path.
It sort of makles sense but it's awful in every way. So now teams have less odds for being superbad than before and we will see if people still continue to just suck for sucking's sake.
End of the day in the NBA it is mostly about ping pong luck and the obvious part that never gets mentioned,.., knowing how to actually spot and draft talent.

Where was Giannis drafted again?

Jordan was picked first overall right? I mean surely... right? Oh wait.

Tanking is for cowards and losers imho.
So, Jimmy Johnson is a coward and loser?

I think you should be a bit more careful w/ the name calling. Childish stuff.

kskboys

Reaction score
Tanking is for losers, and shouldn't be allowed for teams that have collected money from season ticket holders in advance, anyway. It's terrible.
Once again, Jimmy Johnson tanked heavily and it got us 3 super bowls. Would've been more if not for horrific GMing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once again, Jimmy Johnson tanked heavily and it got us 3 super bowls. Would've been more if not for horrific GMing.

There's a difference between tanking and stockpiling picks. I guess OP is talking about stockpiling picks here, which I don't actually have a problem with. Turning present value into future value is ok. Losing on purpose once you have the team setup by not playing well or not playing your best players or otherwise throwing games is for losers.

ghst187

Reaction score
Name all these QB's teams tanked for that busted. Only one I can think of is Luck, and he was a stud that had his career ruined by pathetic GMing.

A lot of teams have done it....perhaps unintentionally.
The browns drafted like 15 QBs at the top or near before they finally got a decent one.
Point is, more QBs at or near the top 5 in the draft are busts than are elite.
The draft is a crap shoot and there is no sure thing.

John813

Reaction score
FWIW Dolphins were going to be bad(again) even if they held onto Tunsil.

They were operating like Jerry Jones in the early 2000's, thinking a new FA piece or trade here and there would lead to the playoffs. All it did was rack up dead cap and failed expectations.
Their drafts weren't good under Gase, or previous coaches. Reaching, or changing schemes to find out the guys drafted under the old regime don't fit anymore. They went for big names in FA and got 50% of what they paid for.

They were, and may still be, a perpetual train wreck. At least now they have more picks in hopes of righting the ship. Have to hope Grier knows what he is doing as the GM.

kskboys

Reaction score
A lot of teams have done it....perhaps unintentionally.
The browns drafted like 15 QBs at the top or near before they finally got a decent one.
Point is, more QBs at or near the top 5 in the draft are busts than are elite.
The draft is a crap shoot and there is no sure thing.
Of course. However, you were claiming teams tanked for a QB. It simply doesn't happen all that often.

kskboys

Reaction score
There's a difference between tanking and stockpiling picks. I guess OP is talking about stockpiling picks here, which I don't actually have a problem with. Turning present value into future value is ok. Losing on purpose once you have the team setup by not playing well or not playing your best players or otherwise throwing games is for losers.
Jimmy Johnson sat better players. How is that not tanking?

You guys n gals are funny.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy Johnson sat better players. How is that not tanking?

You guys n gals are funny.

Sitting better players to lose on purpose is tanking. That’s what I just said. I don’t care if Jimmy did it or not.

Though I don’t know who or what you’re talking about when you say he did.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sitting better players to lose on purpose is tanking. That’s what I just said. I don’t care if Jimmy did it or not.

Though I don’t know who or what you’re talking about when you say he did.
The players he got from MINN. He sat them. Tanked for draft picks. Lost on purpose.