CFZ I’m Not Ready To Freak Out

ESisback

Reaction score
The Eagles ARE a very good team, playing their “Super Bowl” at home against a team with a QB2 on borrowed time, and they STILL only won by 9. As unsatisfied as we all were with the Cowboy offense, they still had more total yards than Philly.

What killed us? Three INT’s by Rush, that HORRIBLE spot on the Cee Dee catch, and 10 penalties (one or two that were speculative BS). Take those away, and it’s a totally different game.

I suspect Quinn will have a remedy for their RPO shenanigans for game #2, and our future opponents include Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Indy, Washington, etc., plus Green Bay just ain’t Green Bay this year. Minnesota is beatable too. Philly did it in game one.

I simply think it’s way too early to commence with the handwringing. I just hope that KM doesn’t revert back to the pass happy trickery. We need balance.

Enjoy the ride!

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Eagles ARE a very good team, playing their “Super Bowl” at home against a team with a QB2 on borrowed time, and they STILL only won by 9. As unsatisfied as we all were with the Cowboy offense, they still had more total yards than Philly.

What killed us? Three INT’s by Rush, that HORRIBLE spot on the Cee Dee catch, and 10 penalties (one or two that were speculative BS). Take those away, and it’s a totally different game.

I suspect Quinn will have a remedy for their RPO shenanigans for game #2, and our future opponents include Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Indy, Washington, etc., plus Green Bay just ain’t Green Bay this year. Minnesota is beatable too. Philly did it in game one.

I simply think it’s way too early to commence with the handwringing. I just hope that KM doesn’t revert back to the pass happy trickery. We need balance.

Enjoy the ride!
The rest of the schedule is not that bad. Just expect a rinse and repeat of last season. They get into the playoffs as a wildcard and Dak plays like crap and they have an early exit.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Enjoy the ride!
He adjusted 2nd half didnt look nearly the same. 3INTS lost that game the last one was dagger. 20-17 driving that just was BAD..

AyeAtey

Reaction score

Enjoy the ride!
I "love" teams that peak at the very start of the season. It's not summer anymore, but Fall!

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

Enjoy the ride!

“Not worried”

“Not worried” is exactly why we are in this situation again for how many years in a row now? 27? Players, coaches, and owners think the same thing, however, because fans like us (not worrying) continue to pay their pockets, the regime repeats. Just tragic. A loss against our worst, most disgusting rival (who are still undefeated) and all the fans can say is “not worried”. Not sure if we’re accustomed to disappointment or if we’re just trying to cope and going through the 5 stages of grief, currently being in denial and the bargaining stage.

ESisback

Reaction score
“Not worried”

“Not worried” is exactly why we are in this situation again for how many years in a row now? 27? Players, coaches, and owners think the same thing, however, because fans like us (not worrying) continue to pay their pockets, the regime repeats. Just tragic. A loss against our worst, most disgusting rival (who are still undefeated) and all the fans can say is “not worried”. Not sure if we’re accustomed to disappointment or if we’re just trying to cope and going through the 5 stages of grief, currently being in denial and the bargaining stage.

Wow. 1)You said “not worried” like you were quoting me! Actually, I said I’m not going to “freak out”, which is quite a bit more intensely dramatic than “not worried”. Five stages of grief? Egads, it’s football! 2)Fans like us? I haven’t bought diddly in years, so no “support”, either!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Only one team gets a bye these days. Looking at the NFC, Dallas seems like a playoff team.

So we're probably going to see what we saw last season - get in and see what happens.

Most fans are at the point where postseason success determines a successful season, or not. It's not based on one night in October, win or lose.

ESisback

Reaction score
Only one team gets a bye these days. Looking at the NFC, Dallas seems like a playoff team.

So we're probably going to see what we saw last season - get in and see what happens.

Most fans are at the point where postseason success determines a successful season, or not. It's not based on one night in October, win or lose.

Yep. Nowdays it’s “win the SB, or you suck”.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I freak out because the Cowboys are not giving consistent play. That's on the coaches. If you can't bring your best to a bid divisional game like this, then you cannot be depended on for any crucial game. Read playoff game(s). MM just does not know how to coach up a team to play with consistency. Jerry doesn't care either. The Brand is selling. I wish we had an owner that card about winning more than anything else. We do not have that. You might like to read the press or listen to his soundbites and believe his sales pitch, but I do not.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Yep, getting a wild card and winning two playoff games beats winning the division and winning only one.

Problem is road playoff wins aren’t exactly frequent for Dallas. In fact I believe they only have nine in franchise history, and the last one was exactly 30 seasons ago.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm not wired to freak out.. The issues with this team are correctable.. The solution to the Eagles offense is assignments.. Know them and execute them and there's no more of this nonsense of having Parsons have to pick the QB or the receiver to cover. Send someone to handle them both. The run defense same thing.. Guys are getting out of their gaps and the other teams are exploiting. Stay in your gaps and there is no cutback lane. Quit trying to play hero ball.. Assignments.. On offense it's a little more complicated.. The solutions are there.. but will the OC implement them. Stay balanced throughout the game.. continue to run it as long as the score doesn't get away from you.. which, with this defense, it won't if you're not throwing picks.. Pick your spots to take a shot downfield.. Force the defense to always be cognizant of the run and there will always be throwing lanes behind the linebackers in front of the safeties. And for the love of all that is holy.. please stop leaving the backside DE unblocked when we run the delay draw up the middle. It's great that Zeke and Pollard usually squeeze out a yard or two anyway, but they could get so much more if they weren't having to drag an extra 270 pounds on their backs.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'm not wired to freak out.. The issues with this team are correctable.. The solution to the Eagles offense is assignments.. Know them and execute them and there's no more of this nonsense of having Parsons have to pick the QB or the receiver to cover. Send someone to handle them both. The run defense same thing.. Guys are getting out of their gaps and the other teams are exploiting. Stay in your gaps and there is no cutback lane. Quit trying to play hero ball.. Assignments.. On offense it's a little more complicated.. The solutions are there.. but will the OC implement them. Stay balanced throughout the game.. continue to run it as long as the score doesn't get away from you.. which, with this defense, it won't if you're not throwing picks.. Pick your spots to take a shot downfield.. Force the defense to always be cognizant of the run and there will always be throwing lanes behind the linebackers in front of the safeties. And for the love of all that is holy.. please stop leaving the backside DE unblocked when we run the delay draw up the middle. It's great that Zeke and Pollard usually squeeze out a yard or two anyway, but they could get so much more if they weren't having to drag an extra 270 pounds on their backs.

The biggest reason for the Cowboys fail against Philly was lack of effective pre-snap motions.

Motions are supposed to throw off a player so they don't know their assignment, because your assignment can change depending on where the player in motion is when the ball is snapped.

That's what made Kellen Moore effective when he got here. In any game he's been successful, he runs more pre-snap motions, whether they're on run plays or passes. This game. They were just lining up and snapping the ball, which makes it a lot easier to key in on the ball carrier on run plays. I want to say some of it was by design. It was loud there, so it would be tough to do this without committing penalties.

The other problem, you know, aside from not challenging the spot, which, that alone could have cost us the game, was not scheming the right players on the right plays so that Rush was forced to throw into too much coverage.

They were also a little too predictable with the run.

The truth is, the Cowboys will need to have games where they get away from the run and still win the game . . . they will need to actually be a dual threat on offense or it will be a tough offseason for everyone involved. They've established that they can be a running team. But nobody has feared our passing game, which I think changes when Dak gets back.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn't see a whole lot of being outplayed.

I saw a lot of being outcoached on Xs and Os.
Tail of two halfs IMO. We got outcoached in the 1st half. The 2nd half came and I don't know what happens to the Eagles but they have to be one of the worst 2nd half teams in football. It looks like two different teams and they will blame Lane Johnson but they've done this even with Lane Johnson.