I miss mediocrity

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Diehardblues, Nov 26, 2020.

1. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

2,429 Messages
    1,416 Likes Received
    Well it all starts at the very top of the organisation so ......

2. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

40,035 Messages
    33,313 Likes Received
    I agree man....I don' recall questioning this teams intellect last year....maybe its the head coach that's dumb?

Swagger likes this.
  3. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

26,857 Messages
    46,296 Likes Received
    Cheer up, I think they'll get back to mediocrity next season. We have these bad seasons to make us appreciate mediocrity so much better.

kumizi, Diehardblues and starfan1 like this.
  4. obidiah

obidiah Well-Known Member

1,077 Messages
    968 Likes Received
    Even worse than Campo?

5. zekecowboy

zekecowboy Well-Known Member

1,163 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
  6. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

5,603 Messages
    6,646 Likes Received
    The title made me laugh.

7. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

22,781 Messages
    19,458 Likes Received
    This is what happens when you are coached by Galligher.

8. cowboyed

cowboyed Well-Known Member

3,057 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    In all fairness Garrett has some good seasons as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys including being selected as NFL Head Coach of the Year in 2016. Mike McCarthy has been a head coach even longer than Garrett and obviously experienced more success. He also imported almost his entire coaching staff save 2, retaining namely Kellen Moore and Leon Lett and those were his decision. I think criticizing McCarthy is justified to some degree because some of the risk he and his staff have taken, some of which had worse consequences than Garrett icing our own kicker.

That stated this has been a disastrous year for a new regime to take over considering the limited practices, new scheme implementation and overall interaction between coaches and players while contending with Covid-19 health consideration and behavioral protocols. Then there is the devastating number of injuries particularly to key players throughout this season, let alone the death of the Cowboys beloved strength and conditioning coach Markus Paul just before game day.

9. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

11,527 Messages
    6,662 Likes Received
    This!

10. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

26,857 Messages
    46,296 Likes Received
    I am beginning to feel that way.

What do we expect when the number one criteria is making the owner comfortable? That kept the previous HC there for 10 years.

beware_d-ware likes this.
  11. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

6,187 Messages
    9,813 Likes Received
    Honestly I don’t....it’s much easier and less stressful watching s terrible team that you know is going to lose vs a average one that is incredibly frustrating.....

granted I’d rather them be good but at least the games aren’t stressful

12. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

6,870 Messages
    9,071 Likes Received
    I don't miss perpetual mediocrity. Sometimes you need to be bad before you can get back to great again. We didn't have that 13 and 3 season until we went 4 and 12 and restocked the cupboards.

13. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

14,324 Messages
    6,412 Likes Received
    if that's what we look forward to. a high draft pick...then things really suck....