1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

I really like our safety position a lot

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zekeats, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

11,137 Messages
    13,112 Likes Received
    While I can’t stand the way this team is being built and the bums with huge contracts staying around I really like the back end of the secondary.

1. Wilson is an underrated baller who shoots like a rocket when he reacts to a play. One of the quickest closing bursts in the NFL, he just needs to stay on the field.
    2. Kearse needed to be retained. He was a huge leader of the defense, stayed healthy and very steady play and one of the best tacklers I can remember us having in the backend since Darren Woodson. He also took out some of the games best receiving TEs. A huge well needed resigning.
    3. Hooker is so underrated and I think we are going to have a steal with him this year. He’s over a year removed from a ligament tear and he was always a playmaker when heathy. He was also a very solid tackler and rarely out of position. Look out for this guy this year!

Now if only this team could get it right in the draft and solidly the interiors of both sides of the lines.

2. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

13,791 Messages
    9,381 Likes Received
    agree, not flashy but Wilson and Hooker are really solid. Kearse was a revelation and a beast.
    Were it not for Joseph’s idiotic off field decisions, I’d feel really good about the secondary. One of the only position groups I’m not worried about. LB, DL, OL, WR,….all have big needs

3. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

29,116 Messages
    50,991 Likes Received
    I think Hooker takes it up another notch this season.

Kazee played more single high while Hooker was nursed back into the game. I think he plays more single high and gets 4+ picks

4. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

27,353 Messages
    28,434 Likes Received
    Good to hear!
    Our defense was greatly improved last year and improved safety play was a part of it.

5. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    64,109 Messages
    75,979 Likes Received
    I still feel good about the secondary even without Joseph. Because do we know he is really that good yet. I did not see enough from him in his limited play to say, hey we got a great one here.
    He made some plays, but also made some dumb plays, but that was more like rookie mistakes.
    Hopefully Wright can improve enough to offset a possible, more like probable, loss of Joseph.
    However his dumb actions could change howe they enter the draft now. So they may select a CB over a DT or OL.

Ranching and Motorola like this.
  6. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

34,885 Messages
    84,316 Likes Received
    [​IMG]
    Bums Gone: Greg Zuerlein Jaylon Smith Amari Cooper
    Bums Remaining: Ezekiel Elliott Kellen Moore LVE
    CHANGE MY MIND

Ranching likes this.
  7. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

13,360 Messages
    34,625 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm not mad at it.

Ranching likes this.
  8. TheMarathonContinues

TheMarathonContinues Well-Known Member

57,759 Messages
    51,958 Likes Received
    I think they've done enough to where they don't have to force a safety pick. I Think for the defense its really about fixing that interior part of the defensive line.

9. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    38,071 Messages
    96,690 Likes Received
    It a great thing when a Hooker takes it up a notch!

Runwildboys likes this.
  10. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    16,066 Likes Received
    I thought Kearse signed a two year deal.

11. Jfconrow

Jfconrow Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    I don’t unless we have Troy palomola

12. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

49,647 Messages
    33,460 Likes Received
    So what is wrong with the way this team is being built? Or rebuilt I should say.

So if the Cowboys go out and draft a guard in round 1 and a DE in round 2 how will the team look then?

13. ChuckA1

ChuckA1 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    2,987 Messages
    4,964 Likes Received
    Best it's been since the 90's, no doubt.

14. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

2,915 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received
    You mean the model they have used for the last who knows how long - with no results to show for it ?
    If your just wanting to argue with everyone - good for you. But you can't seriously think they have been doing a great job.
    When you constantly build only thru the draft, and go barging bin picking to fill your roster. You better hit on multiple picks every year - they don't. So your hamstrings yourself each and every time.
    Will McClay is under the pump this year again. To rescue this FO.

fivetwos likes this.
  15. Typhus

Typhus Captain Catfish

15,827 Messages
    17,947 Likes Received
    I have been preaching about this back seven cming together, sometimes you build with your strengths first and that does not discount some crazy young talent just waiting to take Jerry money.
    Parsons get in line first
    Diggs second

16. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

49,647 Messages
    33,460 Likes Received
    No, Im talking about what they did this year not the last 20 years. I like most of what we did this year considering we were 25m over the cap when we started and lots of good players hitting FA.

And building ONLY through the draft will never get us a championship. Especially not when you resign the wrong guys and overpay doing it.

17. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

29,116 Messages
    50,991 Likes Received
    A lot of mocks I’ve seen don’t realize that.

I’ve seen a ton of “they need a lot of help at safety”

18. MWH1967

MWH1967 The Cook

6,205 Messages
    8,252 Likes Received
    2 year 10mil.

19. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

10,029 Messages
    11,208 Likes Received
    Kearse and Wilson is probably the reason why the Cowboys won’t draft Lloyd at 24 if he made it that far. I still don’t trust Hooker because his injury concerns. Dax Hill would complete our secondary.

20. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    16,066 Likes Received
    Or we could just put Anthony Brown at FS. He has the same speed Hill has.