I really, really thought this was the year....

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I bought the hype. I bought the press hype. I bought all of it.

I made excuses after this team's poor defensive performance against Philly, after the loss to Washington and after the poor game last week.

But no more.

Wade Phillips, Brian Stewart and Bruce Read are complete jokes. Neither deserves to be a coach in this league for even one more game.

Dallas is THE most undisiciplined team in football. They could VERY easily be 2-4 right now and are the 3rd best team in their own division.

Tony Romo has regressed. The offensive line has regressed. Garret''s playcalling has regressed. TO's age is starting to show. This defense is average at best. And to top it all off, we shoot ourselves in the foot with regularity.

The saddest part about this is some of our most important players are near the end of their ropes. THIS was the year. THIS was the time to claim #6. And our dumbarse coaching staff, coupled with uninspired play, has destroyed it.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2330306 said:

I made excuses after this team's poor defensive performance against Philly, after the loss to Washington and after the poor game last week.

But no more.

Wade Phillips, Brian Stewart and Bruce Read are complete jokes. Neither deserves to be a coach in this league for even one more game.

Dallas is THE most undisiciplined team in football. They could VERY easily be 2-4 right now and are the 3rd best team in their own division.

Tony Romo has regressed. The offensive line has regressed. Garret''s playcalling has regressed. TO's age is starting to show. This defense is average at best. And to top it all off, we shoot ourselves in the foot with regularity.

The saddest part about this is some of our most important players are near the end of their ropes. THIS was the year. THIS was the time to claim #6. And our dumbarse coaching staff, coupled with uninspired play, has destroyed it.
The season's not over. Stop giving up in mid October.
The bolded part can be said for a lot of teams. The Colts should have had their first win today but they don't. We are 4-2 right now and that's where we should be.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our play has been disappointing thus far. That doesn't mean we won't win another super bowl next Feburary. Perhaps this game will be our wake up call and the Cowboys can start playing like we all know they can.

kai cyr

Reaction score

But no more.

Yup. It's become quite evident that this is not going to be the year. We have the talent, but no coaching. FIRE WADE NOW.

Woods

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2330337 said:
Our play has been disappointing thus far. That doesn't mean we won't win another super bowl next Feburary. Perhaps this game will be our wake up call and the Cowboys can start playing like we all know they can.

Big Dog, I just don't think Wade and Steward and Reid can get the best out of this team.

Over the past 3 weeks, I think our play has regressed, rather than improved.

I hope you're right of course, and we can win another Super Bowl. And I'm definitely going to root for my Cowboys, like I have for over 30 years. But I just don't see this coaching staff being up to snuff . . . .

landryscorner

Reaction score
Was just about to buy my cowboys 49ers ticket tommorrow, now, no thanks, I'm not going to texas stadium to watch the cowboys lay an egg, What's that's you say? what if they win? then I'll watch it on my big 52 inch samsung, I get to see the cowboys a lot in the summer I live in San antonio, I refuse to be taunted by other teams fans in Texas stadium, screw that.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score

I would think the same thing, but the Commanders game did nothing to wake the Cowboys up.

Ren

Reaction score

the skins game was gonna be the wake up game then the Bengals i'm sorry but i doubt they wake up at this point not with this coaching staff

Boysboy

Reaction score

But no more.

Not me-as much as it pains me to type this, I thought we were overrated from day 1. Blame Wade, blame Garrett, blame Brian, blame Reed, etc, etc-most of the personnel on our team has NO heart. (T)eam (O)bliviator is one of the few players that DOES play with fire and heart.

Even Jimmy would CRINGE at the thought of coaching this team.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Viper;2330435 said:
ummm...the Colts won today.

He meant that the Colts should have come in 0-4 and were lucky to win 2 games that they did...

kmp77

Reaction score
Its hard to "wake up" when you get a $50-100k check after this loss...

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Ren;2330443 said:
the skins game was gonna be the wake up game then the Bengals i'm sorry but i doubt they wake up at this point not with this coaching staff

Yep.

It's not about waking up. This team is just soft and undisciplined.

And, only an absolute idiot would bring back someone like Campo in any capacity.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
This team is just not that good. They regressed all across the board. Money, fame and too much success too soon. And the coaching staff is a joke, all of them. Give me 24 hours and i might change my mind, but thats my thoughts at the moment.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score

But no more.

i agree with cause of the coaches! we easily have the talent to win it all but with these coaches we are not going anywhere! They are soft, they have unpredictable playcalling, they lack the ability to install discipline, and most importantly again they are soft! We arent going anywhere unless the coaching staff has a complete around and with their track records i dont see it! I think the best thing we can do as fans is just watch the rest of the season with no expectations and hopefully the team most importantly the coaching staff shocks us...

jamesdojr

Reaction score
I'm so disgusted. This team has no heart AT ALL. They are no where near what they think they are and certainly shouldn;t be thinking playoffs.

Jason Garrett, if he's really calling these plays, I don't want him as a head coach - EVER. With Witten, Barber, and crew, you can't find a way to get T.O. involed at all???? In any game???? I'll say it for T.O.....unforgivable!

Romo = Danny White... lets you down in the end time and time again. How many fumbles did he have today? Not a leader and sits on the sideline and sulks. I don't even know how Romo can accept his check this week or the last three weeks for that matter.

Phillips and Brian Stewart?... If this is the spectacular defense that they brought to Dallas, they can keep it. Phillips has done one thing well. He's told his entire secondary that he has no faith in them. The entire secondary is a joke.

I've never been so disgusted with a Cowboys team..... But all they'll do all week is deny, pride themsleves on how close the game was. Talk about how great the Cardinals really are and there's no shame in losing to such an outstanding team... Wade will take blame of course, because the players are doing such a fantastic job (sarcasm of course). When is the media going to call him on it and ask him, "If all these mistakes are yours week in and week out and you're the head coach, when are you going to fire yourself?"

....It'll be the same game plan against the Rams next week... same lack of intensity... Same play calling, Same dumb mistakes. How many times will Romo run around with the ball in one hand before the idiot learns you can't do that???

Ugghhhh!!! I could cope if this were the Steelers or Giants but The freakin CARDINALS??????? Unbelievably embarrassing.

But no more.

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2330433 said:
I would think the same thing, but the Commanders game did nothing to wake the Cowboys up.

We got punched in the mouth. And instead of getting up swinging, weve chosen the binkie route

Were gutless, undsciplined and stoopit

kmp77

Reaction score
Cheap Shot Artist;2330630 said:
We got punched in the mouth. And instead of getting up swinging, weve chosen the binkie route

Were gutless, undsciplined and stoopit

If you get knocked down, might as well take a nap while you're down there.

sweetness0986

Reaction score

This is what's killing me too. We have all the talent we need on this team right now. We're not a team on the rise... THIS is the year.

Reaction score
kmp77;2330698 said:
If you get knocked down, might as well take a nap while you're down there.

Yep

And theres no leadership to get us out of this funk.

We need an *** kicker and an owner who once again needs to step the farg out of the way and allow a new coach to pick his staff.

Wade, Stewart, Newman, Ellis and Roy Williams epitomize whats wrong with this team