I say give this team one more chance

rambo2

Reaction score
They did a great job? :facepalm:

We were one and done in the playoffs. Same as the Eagles. The regular season matters only in regard to playoff seeding. If you lose at home the first weekend, who cares if the team was 12-5? They were 1-5 against playoff teams outside the NFC East and blew a home playoff game against a 10-7 team. But I guess you are happy with the participation ribbon. Enjoy but don't call it a great job.
Hell yes they did a great job. They had a great chance. They were one play away of facing a Bucs team that is in dire straits at right tackle. I'll take 12 and 5 and a shot at the prize every single year.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hell yes they did a great job. They had a great chance. They were one play away of facing a Bucs team that is in dire straits at right tackle. I'll take 12 and 5 and a shot at the prize every single year.

Well, you are entitled to your low expectations. 12 and 5 doesn't mean squat when you lose in the wild card round. Almost winning has never been good enough.

rambo2

Reaction score
Well, you are entitled to your low expectations. 12 and 5 doesn't mean squat when you lose in the wild card round. Almost winning has never been good enough.
12 and 5 low expectations? lol It will be very difficult for them to beat that next year. So, are you saying if C. Wilson hauls in that ball on the 11 yardline and they go on to win the game, it would change your entire opinion about the team? One play makes a difference.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
I gave "this" team a chance , this team will not be back next year maybe I'll give next years team the same.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Judging by history, this team won't even make the playoffs next year. They were actually very lucky to have good health down the stretch and it still didn't matter. The bill will become due next season so I'm expecting the injury bug to hit hard

jnday

Reaction score
I am as pissed off as everyone else, but I want to remind you of the 1996 Denver Broncos. Do you remember that team? They had a great year, looked strong, then got their arses beat in the first round by an expansion team. John Elway was labeled a Playoffs choker, although to be fair, he had at least made it to the Super Bowl before. But that team took it to heart, played lights out the next year and went on to win two Super Bowls. Dak Prescott is definitely no John Elway, but there has been too much invested into this team, I think changes should be minimal and they try this one more time. If they can have another solid draft, try to return as many impactful players as possible, tweak the defense even better, and if they can fix the running game, because the Broncos could definitely run it down your throat. Remember that Elway was in his last years, and all his career, no matter how talented he was, he could never win the big one without a great running game. And our Boys looked like a powerhouse when they were breaking 200 yards every game on the ground. If it doesn’t work next year, then it’s time to make some business decisions and start cleaning house, including the coach, receivers, quarterback and more. But again, I say give this team one more chance to show that they have heart and are tough.
This team has a different culture. If they get hit in the nose, they run away crying. I want a team that will fight back when they are hit. This team doesn’t have that mentality.

jnday

Reaction score
I feel this team over achieved this year. Obviously upset with how the season ended. The division is extremely weak. Absolutely need to clean up the penalties. Hopefully DQ stays in town. That would be the first W of the the offseason and maybe the biggest. The boys will be back next year.
20-25 of the boys won’t be back next year according to Stephen. They will be replaced with the cheapest scrubs that money can buy.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
2022 will be a completely different team.

The offense won't be the same with Gallup, Wilson and Schultz hitting free agency. And that's assuming major changes aren't happening to the offensive coaches.

Defensively we have a ton of free agents leaving. Even with restructures and we resign some it won't be the same depth as this year. And we know it'll be about a 90% chance Quinn leaves. Will the next guy be nearly as good or do they regress?

This is the question to ask. Many are assuming we at least get a home playoff game by default again. Right now we look as bad as the Eagles and Washington, if not in talent, then by the fault of our sheer stupidity. And this is before losing the players you speak of AND Quinn, who turned our trash into sometimes diamonds. So we're rolling with dumb and dumber again, and who knows at DC? No money to sign anyone of value, even if we had an owner who wanted to do so. It's not looking bright.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Cap, further aging OL, Zeke, Dak, losing a couple of WR's, losing our DC, losing multiple bodies on D= no reason to give this team another chance. This current will be a shell of it's former self next year, and with no money to spend why on earth should we be excited? A couple of guys on D may get more time, but how can we replace the others? Until we see how things shake out, I for one cannot be optimistic and expect our usual top to bottom consistency

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I am as pissed off as everyone else, but I want to remind you of the 1996 Denver Broncos. Do you remember that team? They had a great year, looked strong, then got their arses beat in the first round by an expansion team. John Elway was labeled a Playoffs choker, although to be fair, he had at least made it to the Super Bowl before. But that team took it to heart, played lights out the next year and went on to win two Super Bowls. Dak Prescott is definitely no John Elway, but there has been too much invested into this team, I think changes should be minimal and they try this one more time. If they can have another solid draft, try to return as many impactful players as possible, tweak the defense even better, and if they can fix the running game, because the Broncos could definitely run it down your throat. Remember that Elway was in his last years, and all his career, no matter how talented he was, he could never win the big one without a great running game. And our Boys looked like a powerhouse when they were breaking 200 yards every game on the ground. If it doesn’t work next year, then it’s time to make some business decisions and start cleaning house, including the coach, receivers, quarterback and more. But again, I say give this team one more chance to show that they have heart and are tough.

This team won’t take it to heart , mainly because they have no heart. It’s a massive choke artist team in the mold of its owner/GM.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
It is the same story every year with this team. I wish someone could make a compilation of the last 10-15 years week after our season ended threads. Its the same old. Words such as talent but no discipline. JJ is an egomaniac. Same stuff. Giving it another year is not an option for me. We'll be right back here next year (if we even make the playoffs). I still don't trust that the teams in our division aren't going to try and make some big moves. Especially at qb.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Denver had a great coach...we have a lazy boob who conned both Booger and Chuckles with a tall tale of reinvention....then sealed the deal over nachos and drinks while watching old Hee Haw reruns. Next year is gonna be a S show of major proportions!!!

Seriously....if Quinn and Moore leave.....it will already feel like a wasted year. :banghead:

Why wait on the inevitable????

Honestly....Jerry should be lining up candidates....right now....for coordinators.....@ the very least.

Instead....he's probably downing a quart and watching the 4th quarter thinking we were that close....

ESisback

Reaction score
Denver had a great coach...we have a lazy boob who conned both Booger and Chuckles with a tall tale of reinvention....then sealed the deal over nachos and drinks while watching old Hee Haw reruns. Next year is gonna be a S show of major proportions!!!
Ahh, there it is, the happy, upbeat hope we all needed! Refreshing! So productive!✊

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Any true fan of the Cowboys will be back this summer looking forward to the 2022 season. No true fan is going to give up on the team. At the end of every season and even during the season fans say they’re done with the Cowboys after a disappointing game or a bad end to the season. They’re lying! lol Some of the wounds will start to heal by the time the draft rolls around. Many fans are just living in the moment of a very disappointing playoff loss. I’ve been following the Cowboys since 1972 so I’m not going anywhere. My faith in the team has waned over the years but I still enjoy watching the Cowboys. I don’t get as emotional over losses like I used to back in the 70s and early 90s when they had great teams. The losses were a lot tougher then. I’m pretty much unfazed by the disappointments nowadays because after 26 years I’ve become used to them. The disappointment of this season will wear off for the majority of fans in the coming months. I’m already over it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Any true fan of the Cowboys will be back this summer looking forward to the 2022 season. No true fan is going to give up on the team. At the end of every season and even during the season fans say they’re done with the Cowboys after a disappointing game or a bad end to the season. They’re lying! lol Some of the wounds will start to heal by the time the draft rolls around. Many fans are just living in the moment of a very disappointing playoff loss. I’ve been following the Cowboys since 1972 so I’m not going anywhere. My faith in the team has waned over the years but I still enjoy watching the Cowboys. I don’t get as emotional over losses like I used to back in the 70s and early 90s when they had great teams. The losses were a lot tougher then. I’m pretty much unfazed by the disappointments nowadays because after 26 years I’ve become used to them. The disappointment of this season will wear off for the majority of fans in the coming months. I’m already over it.
Well said

Reactions: KJJ

Flamma

Reaction score

Since Dallas only had a two year window, I'd have to agree with you.

Here's the thing about the Broncos and Elway. Long before that 1996 season people were saying Elway couldn't win the big one. It's always the most ignorant among us that shout the loudest. Truth is, that 1997 team was the first time the Broncos had a team that could compete in the SB. The Broncos never had a chance against the Giants, Red-Skins, or 49ers. It didn't matter who was quarterback. The game was over before they took the field. But John Elway can't win.

That 1996 Broncos team was one of their best. They got out to an early lead on a team they didn't take seriously and seemed like they stopped playing. One of the biggest playoff disappointments ever. They never saw that coming. With these Cowboys, you saw the signs all year. This loss didn't come as a shock. But I do agree that this team needs another shot. We all know Dak's contract will be restructured for 2022, then after that? We're in trouble. But this team needs a run game more than Elway did. The Cowboys are not the greatest show on turf, and they need to stop trying to play like them.