CFZ I think Dak Prescott is in serious danger

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jerry Jones has a tendency to neglect the oline until it's too late, and the damage is done. We had a very capable QB in Tony Romo. The problem is that Jerry didn't exactly understand that you need to maintain the oline to keep him upright and able to do his job. Prior to breaking his collarbone, Romo broke his finger in 2008 that forced him to miss 4 games. Jerry took no notice that the oline was starting to resemble damp Swiss cheese. He only started doing that with Romo when Romo had his collarbone snap in 2010. Unfortunately, by the time we had gotten Zach Martin, Romo only would play one more full season, and even then missed a game.

Fast forward to Dak. Jerry had been thinking the oline he built in 2014 is still excellent in 2020. Oh, but that's 6 years later, and Tyron had been in the league for 9 years at that point. Players start to break down. Oh well, what's there to worry? Dak breaks his leg. 2020 season toasted. Jerry then proceeds to use the 2nd round pick the next year on.....Kelvin Joseph. What could he have used that on? Well, there were several olinemen taken after. He could've had Aaron Banks who was a solid guard from Notre Dame. He has been decent with the 49ers. He could've taken Jackson Carman. Decent player for the Bengals at OT. Point is, as usual, he could have gotten an olineman instead of projects. His only good 2nd round pick lately has been Trevon Diggs. As a result, last year, Dak's calf muscle gets hurt and misses a game. He was clearly not the same after that Pats game. He started as one of the top 3-5 QBs, but then had that happen.

Thus, what's it going to take for Jerry to understand that he needs to maintain oline. It doesn't have to be in the 1st, but at least in the first 3 rounds, invest in an olineman to keep the depth at top notch. That way he can maintain the insurance on the QB. Problem is, I think Dak is in serious danger. Because of what Jerry has not done, I think Dak could be facing a very bad injury with some of the teams we play this year. All it takes for us to go from potential playoff team to 3-14 is a bad injury to Dak. Yet, we play one of the top defences in week one against the Bucs. What happens to the season if, God-forbid, Dak has a massive injury like a broken shoulder or his back gives way?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Furthermore, it's really not fair to Dak or Zeke for Jerry to keep ignoring the oline like this. This is how he can very easily destroy players' careers, and it creates the stigma for players, much like in Washington, to not play here because Jerry will not provide the players needed to protect them.
Youd think he had learned watching Romo get killed for years.

Rinse. Repeat.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry Jones has a tendency to neglect the oline until it's too late, and the damage is done. We had a very capable QB in Tony Romo. The problem is that Jerry didn't exactly understand that you need to maintain the oline to keep him upright and able to do his job. Prior to breaking his collarbone, Romo broke his finger in 2008 that forced him to miss 4 games. Jerry took no notice that the oline was starting to resemble damp Swiss cheese. He only started doing that with Romo when Romo had his collarbone snap in 2010. Unfortunately, by the time we had gotten Zach Martin, Romo only would play one more full season, and even then missed a game.

Fast forward to Dak. Jerry had been thinking the oline he built in 2014 is still excellent in 2020. Oh, but that's 6 years later, and Tyron had been in the league for 9 years at that point. Players start to break down. Oh well, what's there to worry? Dak breaks his leg. 2020 season toasted. Jerry then proceeds to use the 2nd round pick the next year on.....Kelvin Joseph. What could he have used that on? Well, there were several olinemen taken after. He could've had Aaron Banks who was a solid guard from Notre Dame. He has been decent with the 49ers. He could've taken Jackson Carman. Decent player for the Bengals at OT. Point is, as usual, he could have gotten an olineman instead of projects. His only good 2nd round pick lately has been Trevon Diggs. As a result, last year, Dak's calf muscle gets hurt and misses a game. He was clearly not the same after that Pats game. He started as one of the top 3-5 QBs, but then had that happen.

Thus, what's it going to take for Jerry to understand that he needs to maintain oline. It doesn't have to be in the 1st, but at least in the first 3 rounds, invest in an olineman to keep the depth at top notch. That way he can maintain the insurance on the QB. Problem is, I think Dak is in serious danger. Because of what Jerry has not done, I think Dak could be facing a very bad injury with some of the teams we play this year. All it takes for us to go from potential playoff team to 3-14 is a bad injury to Dak. Yet, we play one of the top defences in week one against the Bucs. What happens to the season if, God-forbid, Dak has a massive injury like a broken shoulder or his back gives way?
:lmao::facepalm::angry::popcorn:

can we calm down we have 2 weeks before game 1 and hopefully they can fill the holes by then..lets stop the overreactions.:popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Furthermore, it's really not fair to Dak or Zeke for Jerry to keep ignoring the oline like this. This is how he can very easily destroy players' careers, and it creates the stigma for players, much like in Washington, to not play here because Jerry will not provide the players needed to protect them.
:muttley:IGNORE
Biadsz
Cwill
Farinok
Ball
Waletzko
Tsmith73
steele
Mcgovern
and others

sorry just because they werent aggressive in 77s replacement,IT ist ignoring.:facepalm:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

lost-in-space-danger.gif

Yes, Danger big time......
Maybe he should consider retiring and saving us a whole lot of grief for the next 2 seasons???

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think Jerry is doing exactly as you are asking it's just a lot easier said than done to maintain a top notch Oline and not neglect the rest of the team. At some point, one of these guys needs to actually develop into a starting caliber OL.

Tyler Smith - 1st Round
Matt Waletzsko - 5th Round

Josh Ball - 4th Round
Matt Farniok - 7th Round

Tyler Biadasz - 4th Round

Connor McGovern - 3rd Round

Connor Williams - 2nd Round

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
lost-in-space-danger.gif

Yes, Danger big time......
Maybe he should consider retiring and saving us a whole lot of grief for the next 2 seasons???

I don't know about retiring, but I don't like where things are going with this.

I think Jerry is doing exactly as you are asking it's just a lot easier said than done to maintain a top notch Oline and not neglect the rest of the team. At some point, one of these guys needs to actually develop into a starting caliber OL.

Tyler Smith - 1st Round

Josh Ball - 4th Round
Matt Farniok - 7th Round

Yes, though Ball isn't exactly someone I think we'd expect to be an eventual starter. That said, I just have a gut feeling that Dak's going to get seriously hurt.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Tyler Smith - 1st Round

Josh Ball - 4th Round
Matt Farniok - 7th Round

You went into this year with a question mark at RT & an injury risk at LT.

Your back-up options have never seen a live action game.

They should have addressed this in FA, instead they let a top 10 tackle walk.

Gross mismanagement.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Gross mismanagement.

Not only that, but the year we chose Connor Williams, the Vikings took an OT who made the Pro Bowl a few picks later. I think he'd have been a better choice. I didn't mind then cutting Collins if they had a plan to replace him. Clearly, they didn't.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The OL and not having consistency at WR could get Dak killed this season. If receivers can’t get open he’ll be holding the ball longer, leading to sacks and having to takeoff and run a lot more. I know some fans want to see him run more but it will leave him more susceptible to injury.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

Gross mismanagement.
No issue with what you are saying, but the Cowboys have absolutely used a heavy amount of draft capital on the OLine. Honestly even keeping Connor Williams would have made me feel a lot better about our current situation. Losing Collins, not bringing in a vet back up option etc is all worth noting.

I agree with the OP from a overall viewpoint that this front office has left the OL in bad shape, but have to disagree with the rational behind why.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Unlike 2020 when the Cowboys had no defense. I think they can try to play ball control run game with the young line. Injuries happen. Zeke tore his PCL in week 4 and we fans still want him cut. Let’s see how the first 4 games play out.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Unlike 2020 when the Cowboys had no defense. I think they can try to play ball control run game with the young line. Injuries happen. Zeke tore his PCL in week 4 and we fans still want him cut. Let’s see how the first 4 games play out.

That will be vital. That said, he still will have to throw, and he rarely gets roughing calls in his favor.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So, let me ask you this, was Romo adequately protected going into 2010? I think the resounding answer was no. What happened that year? That's why I have my concerns.
IM not living in the past

your post is a total overaction

we haven't played 2022 have we. Lets wait and see not have book Written on hypothetical ranting LMAO,