I think Dallas is not planning on winning this year and setting up HC to Fail *merged*

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Jones boys don't have to set up someone to fail, and Jerry is 80 years old. They just aren't good at their jobs.

They can fire whoever they like, when they like. What's gonna happen? THEY get fired?:muttley:

They don't need a fall guy. Most fans aren't going anywhere, and they know it.
Every single one of your posts is on the money.....but Ive gotta ask just to be clear.....

You do understand that they each THINK they are really guhd at what they do, yes?

They also think so highly of themselves that results don't matter.

I'm sure you agree but just making sure.

One of those multi layered problems lol.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I wouldn't call anything the team has done in 20 years success so this is just more of the same. The team is set up for failure due to the culture that surrounds it. These few personnel moves that they do or don't make have zero impact on success if you measure success as playoff wins and/or championships.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm the most upset about losing Anger.

It was nice having a punter that put our defense in good positions when our offense failed.
And I have anger from being upset. Ironical.

What in the hekker are we gonna do for a punter??

Once, way back when, Jerry Jones picked up a football, looked at Stephen and said...."hey son, go cheap."

Baddummphchhhhh.

I'm here all week.

Majic

Reaction score
I don't like the guy, that's known, but it's pretty crappy how he's being treated.

First, it was Jerry gushing over both Peyton and Quinn as potential head coaches.

Now, we are basically gutting our roster and not replacing those guys with equal or better talent.

McCarthy has no shot.

Ironically the more this continues the less likely Peyton and Quinn would want to be here anyway

75boyz

Reaction score
I wouldn't call anything the team has done in 20 years success so this is just more of the same. The team is set up for failure due to the culture that surrounds it. These few personnel moves that they do or don't make have zero impact on success if you measure success as playoff wins and/or championships.

Simple and to the point.

And the truth.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You are correct, but this year, more so than past years, feels like they are purposely trying to regress from the previous year.

mardwin

Reaction score
That has always been the plan, so they have an excuse to promote Moore

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
That has always been the plan, so they have an excuse to promote Moore

IncredibleInsistentBeaver-max-1mb.gif

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't like the guy, that's known, but it's pretty crappy how he's being treated.

First, it was Jerry gushing over both Peyton and Quinn as potential head coaches.

Now, we are basically gutting our roster and not replacing those guys with equal or better talent.

McCarthy has no shot.

100%. This offseason is all about…next offseason.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Of course he is. He was done as future Cowboys coach as soon as Payton was available. You think the Joneses will want anything to do with him when they have their king they idolize in Payton there for the taking in 2023? Pretty sure McCarthy knows it and all the players know it too. This will be a joke of a season

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say the next coach is being set up for success. I mean he still has to work for Bozo and Bozo Jr

75boyz

Reaction score
As much as I like the majority of Mountaineer's posts, on this subject I could care less if McCarthy had full autonomous control of this team with zero Jones meddling.
He's still a hack to me.
Be glad when he's gone.

Don't really care if Payton comes or not either.

Wait, I just heard Jerry screaming somewhere in the back...Next!

chagus

Reaction score
I'm the most upset about losing Anger.

It was nice having a punter that put our defense in good positions when our offense failed.
Anger hasn't signed with anyone yet. Maybe they are just letting him test the market as well?

Mannix

Reaction score
So what happens when he wins 12 games again?
HaHaHaHa!!!! Maybe if we get to play the East 4x that "could" happen. BTW, anyone that Booger really likes at HC should scare us...I am really starting to be concerned about Payton being the best choice once Corky is forced to hand over his laminated Waffle House menu.

Last edited:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
They won 12 games last year lol….

Your schedule next year is ugly. As the division winner you have TB, LAR, GB, and then AFC #1 seed TEN. Hopefully Indy doesn’t get a QB as they’re talented as heck as well.

And if that wasn’t enough, who is the 17th game? Oh, just the Cincinnati Bengals. 31 other teams, what are the odds you get them? You play 5 of the 8 teams that made the division round last year, most in the NFL

I think this plays a part in why no one can repeat this division. The winner always has a 2nd or 3rd place schedule, and then regresses when they have to play the big dogs

Last edited: