I think Dallas is not planning on winning this year and setting up HC to Fail *merged*

lk8701

Reaction score
I don't like the guy, that's known, but it's pretty crappy how he's being treated.

First, it was Jerry gushing over both Peyton and Quinn as potential head coaches.

Now, we are basically gutting our roster and not replacing those guys with equal or better talent.

McCarthy has no shot.

Are there any franchise QBs in the 2023 Draft? Maybe a Sean Payton + Top 5 pick QB combo is the plan.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don't like the guy, that's known, but it's pretty crappy how he's being treated.

First, it was Jerry gushing over both Peyton and Quinn as potential head coaches.

Now, we are basically gutting our roster and not replacing those guys with equal or better talent.

McCarthy has no shot.
Making him the fall guy???

AshyLarry06

Reaction score

McCarthy has no shot.

100%. What else would explain this nonsense.

Mannix

Reaction score
Your schedule next year is ugly. As the division winner you have TB, LAR, GB, and then AFC #1 seed TEN. Hopefully Indy doesn’t get a QB as they’re talented as heck as well.

And if that wasn’t enough, who is the 17th game? Oh, just the Cincinnati Bengals. 31 other teams, what are the odds you get them? You play 5 of the 8 teams that made the division round last year, most in the NFL

I think this plays a part in why no one can repeat this division. The winner always has a 2nd or 3rd place schedule, and then regresses when they have to play the big dogs
I thought we were to have a super easy schedule win % wise next season...no???

J12B

Reaction score

McCarthy has no shot.

He had his shot last year and blew it.

One and done in the playoffs with his team committing 14 penalties.

Unacceptable.

droopdog7

Reaction score
This conspiracy stuff is idiotic. You don't waste an entire year of a contending team.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Ehh, I am pretty a positive poster mostly.

The last few days have you scratching your head wondering what the plan really is.

They cannot legit think they are going to nail on 9 draft picks.

Especially when it ends with 5,5,5,5,6

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Once again Jerry and Jr are up to their old cheap tricks. At least have the decency to tell the fans you're basically throwing the season for next season. But of course that would cut into your profit. Man:facepalm: We Dallas fans are the biggest suckers in sports. " I'd do anything to win":facepalm: And I have a bridge to nowhere for you to buy and to jump from ,Jerrrr.....

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Joneses are looking around the NFC, they'll notice LA, GB and TB are in the mix and they are not. They will also notice none of the East teams have made any improvement in FA either and the other 3 are still with questionable QB's.

The positions drafted on the first 2 days will be revealing as to whether they're helping McC or Quinn.

I think the Payton situation is far from set. He hasn't even decided what he's going to do but if Fox is courting him, they are more than aware of this Dallas thing hanging and they would want assurance that he's not just hanging out for a year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys blew their best opportunity with a very talented roster in 2021 and know their window has probably closed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your schedule next year is ugly. As the division winner you have TB, LAR, GB, and then AFC #1 seed TEN. Hopefully Indy doesn’t get a QB as they’re talented as heck as well.

And if that wasn’t enough, who is the 17th game? Oh, just the Cincinnati Bengals. 31 other teams, what are the odds you get them? You play 5 of the 8 teams that made the division round last year, most in the NFL

I think this plays a part in why no one can repeat this division. The winner always has a 2nd or 3rd place schedule, and then regresses when they have to play the big dogs
You only listed 3 tough teams…..we should be alright if we continue to play the NFC East 6 times.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

McCarthy has no shot.

I don't think he'd see it that way. The team signed him a franchise quarterback last year (no matter what fans think of the player). It drafted him a No. 1 receiver. It has a top-10 running back. Two of its linemen are still among the best in the game (when healthy) and a third was elevated to a starter quickly after being signed as a UDFA.

The team also kept the defensive coordinator that made this defense take a huge step up last year. We can talk about Jerry gushing over Quinn, but keeping him also helps McCarthy's chances of success.

Cmac

Reaction score
......then MM should watch KMoore's every move, the moment he walks in the building.