I think Dallas is not planning on winning this year and setting up HC to Fail *merged*

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In my heart I believe every word you posted here bro. My only question would be if there is a price point that over rides any and all coaching integrity that Payton would give in to in order to line up his retirement portfolio like this current sellout of a HC has done.

Fellow CZ poster yinyammer referred to these compromising character traits as desperation and pliability.

I hope Payton would show neither and his stipulation to be hired would be full autonomy or not accept the job.

Like I previously posted, I hope money would not change my personal image of the Coach Payton that I respect now.

I was never a McCarthy guy from day one.

I think it's fair to say that Sean Payton needs a rest from the rigors of being a HC and has opted to be a commentator, instead. Whatever keeps him from being inclined to sign on with the Cowboys as their HC is anyone's guess, although he likely knows his decisions would be up for some questioning and possible interference by Jerry and the Dallas hierarchy. I think we might have been fortunate to have Payton as our HC, under better circumstances.

I'm not especially inclined to prejudge McCarthy, since he has yet to display a fair amount of time to prove himself. It won't be an easy task to operate successfully with Jerry and Stephen to overcome as his cohorts. I'm sure he'll be put under close scrutiny this year. It's a tough thing for anyone to take on the task of making this team a success, despite what is expected of them. The exodus of so many players this year will be hard to overcome.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then Jed needs to put "Elly Mae" in charge. Just appears to me she would put the franchise being an NFL Champion again the No. 1 priority. (She can designate running the Cheerleaders enterprise & charity entities to qualified candidates within \ outside of the family.) JMHO
Jethro is nickname given to Jerry by local writers in the early days .

It’s time for Cowboys fans come to terms that winning championships is no longer a realistic priority . He’s lowered the bar this era for our once proud franchise.

And besides his constant public stunts he’s doing everything possible is only to pimp the ride for the hype to string everyone along.

aanX8LG.jpg

Motorola

Reaction score
Jethro is nickname given to Jerry by local writers in the early days .

It’s time for Cowboys fans come to terms that winning championships is no longer a realistic priority . He’s lowered the bar this era for our once proud franchise.

And besides his constant public stunts he’s doing everything possible is only to pimp the ride for the hype to string everyone along.

aanX8LG.jpg
My ignorance, 'Diehardblues' ...I thought "Jethro" referred to Stephen - thus me alluding to "Elly Mae" being Charlotte.
(Off-topic...back in the day, the Atlanta sports media labeled the original Atlanta Falcons owner Rankin Smith Sr. and his family " The Clampetts" and the fans took up the nickname.
There was great rejoicing in the city when Smith sold the franchise to Arthur Blank.)