Twitter: I Think Dez is Coming Back

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
He's overstating his case and he's absolutely using emotion here more than logic.

We don't even know that Dez is 70%. His last run he blew his achilles in NO.

I really am indifferent on this. If they want to bring him back and let him try to secure a roster spot, I guess I can live with that. But bringing him back to hand him a roster spot makes no sense to me. Unfortunately, I think if the Cowboys do bring him back, it's more out of emotion which we see all the time from Jerry, than it is logic.

That's not true. Tweeted 19 hours ago

And he's not being given a roster spot. If he's on the 53, it's because it is what's best for the Cowboys. The days of just handing someone a roster spot went away when Red was fired.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
tenor.gif

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

And he's not being given a roster spot. If he's on the 53, it's because it is what's best for the Cowboys. The days of just handing someone a roster spot went away when Red was fired.

Wow. He's running routes so well it's like there isn't even a defense out there.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Wow. He's running routes so well it's like there isn't even a defense out there.
He said we don't even know if Dez is even 70%. And that the last time he ran a route he blew his Achilles. Both comments are wrong. Who cares if a defense is out there?

Even Dak himself said Dez looked good. Yet he posted those inaccurate statements, and here you go backing him up.

You both have agendas. Just say you don't want Dez back and I'll respect you more. But don't put out false statements and expect not to be called out.

Sydla

Reaction score

What's not true?

The last time he was practicing for a NFL team and part of a NFL practice, he blew his achilles. Him running routes with Dak doesn't change that reality.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
What's not true?

The last time he was practicing for a NFL team and part of a NFL practice, he blew his achilles. Him running routes with Dak doesn't change that reality.
That's not what you posted. I refuted what you posted, which was wrong.

Sydla

Reaction score
He said we don't even know if Dez is even 70%. And that the last time he ran a route he blew his Achilles. Both comments are wrong. Who cares if a defense is out there?

Even Dak himself said Dez looked good. Yet he posted those inaccurate statements, and here you go backing him up.

You both have agendas. Just say you don't want Dez back and I'll respect you more. But don't put out false statements and expect not to be called out.

We don't have any idea if he's 70% of the player he was before he got hurt (or cut by us). He hasn't played in over a year. He's coming off a major foot injury.

You can't look at some controlled workouts where he runs a few routes and say, yep, Dez is better than 70%.

I have an agenda? What's the agenda?

PS - And I never said "that the last time he ran a route..........." I never used the word "route".

Sydla

Reaction score
That's not what you posted. I refuted what you posted, which was wrong.

His last "run" meaning his last "run" or time with a NFL team he blew his achilles. I can't help it if you can't exert just a little bit of reasoning here and figure out the point I was making.

I mean why in the world would I post that the last time he physically ran was with the Saints when I am in a thread that has videos of him running routes with Dak? LOL.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't consider it the same thing at all. I think it's deceitful. Intentionally or unintentionally.

OK. Then let's not any longer.

No, much of it is very subjective, and no absolutes should be made either way. I just know that some tend to lean very much one way or the other. Self included.

That seems more than fair. Although if I'm being honest, I would say that you give them more benefit of the doubt than I do. What would you say to that assessment?
Deceitful? lol. We'll have to agree to disagree.

In some cases I don't even give the benefit of the doubt, I merely say we don't know, and I choose not to assume or discount other possibilities. But in general, I would say it's true I give more benefit of the doubt than you, although I might refer to it as you are willing to give more weight to how a person reads between the lines than I do. That's part of what we are talking about with having our own thought processes - pretty much the same thing, but with a slight slant.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
We don't have any idea if he's 70% of the player he was before he got hurt (or cut by us). He hasn't played in over a year. He's coming off a major foot injury.

You can't look at some controlled workouts where he runs a few routes and say, yep, Dez is better than 70%.

I have an agenda? What's the agenda?
It goes both ways. You are partially correct. I cannot look at him run routes and say he is >70% just like you can't say he's not.

Your posting style to me looks like you don't want Dez back. If I'm wrong, my bad.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
His last "run" meaning his last "run" or time with a NFL team he blew his achilles. I can't help it if you can't exert just a little bit of reasoning here and figure out the point I was making.

I mean why in the world would I post that the last time he physically ran was with the Saints when I am in a thread that has videos of him running routes with Dak? LOL.
Now you're being condescending. You were definitive and "as a matter of fact" with how you wrote it. My comprehension is fine. When you get called out then you try and qualify what you wrote. Be clearer next time and no one will call you out.

Sydla

Reaction score
It goes both ways. You are partially correct. I cannot look at him run routes and say he is >70% just like you can't say he's not.

Your posting style to me looks like you don't want Dez back. If I'm wrong, my bad.

I never, ever, ever, said he's not 70%. I said we don't know if he's even 70% since he's coming off a blown achilles.

Don't go around accusing people of things when you clearly aren't reading what people have said.

I honestly don't care if they bring Dez back or not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deceitful? lol. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I thought "this isn't a point to dwell on"

In some cases I don't even give the benefit of the doubt, I merely say we don't know, and I choose not to assume or discount other possibilities. But in general, I would say it's true I give more benefit of the doubt than you, although I might refer to it as you are willing to give more weight to how a person reads between the lines than I do. That's part of what we are talking about with having our own thought processes - pretty much the same thing, but with a slight slant.

Fair enough.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I never, ever, ever, said he's not 70%. I said we don't know if he's even 70% since he's coming off a blown achilles.

Don't go around accusing people of things when you clearly aren't reading what people have said.

I honestly don't care if they bring Dez back or not.
Noted :thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's not true?

Is that indicative of something?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

I don't want Bryant back on the roster. If you find some lame Twitter videos impressive or a sign of resurgence, well you have the blinders on. The bridge were burned once.

Sydla

Reaction score
Is that indicative of something?

Is what indicative of something?

I am sure his achilles is healed. He's not wearing a cast and he's running. So clearly it's better. But going out and running routes in controlled workout with Dak is a bit different than a real NFL practice and holding up over the course of a NFL season.

We likely have zero idea if he can still play at a level that would make it worth it to us to bring him back and give him a roster spot.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So he 'can't win' with you is what you're saying then?
:huh:

That's good to know exactly where you're coming from.
I've been fairly transparent in stating Bryant is an attention seeking turd.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Is what indicative of something?

I am sure his achilles is healed. He's not wearing a cast and he's running. So clearly it's better. But going out and running routes in controlled workout with Dak is a bit different than a real NFL practice and holding up over the course of a NFL season.
It's worth noting the significance of the injury, even if it's healed. The 50/50 was his bread and butter. He's not all of a sudden going to be better than he was.