Twitter: I Think Dez is Coming Back

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact the owner is talking about him actually worries more than anything. You and I both know he can tend to get emotion with players and make decisions based on that emotion.

Sure, but the owner also talked about Witten too, and we know how that went. I'm not hoping for or expecting that he would overrule his new coach, just pointing out that he is certainly on the team's radar.

I still bet they don't do anything on the Bryant front until the draft.

Under current conditions? Why would they? Nobody's meeting formally in large groups at the draft. much less before it.

Like I've said, this is about giving the player a shot at making the 90-man offseason roster. And the 55 if that happens to go well. Nothing more. And if it doesn't? Oh well, we gave it a shot.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Not so awesome watching him have meltdowns.
Used him on the field which is right. Garrett needed a TD, fade to 88 and thats fine but to abuse him and make him the scapegoat was 100% wrong. He sold out 88 the minute he had a semi down year and Garrett is a little ***** coward for doing so, but yeah, used and abused.

Guy always bought it. Was willing to fight and was passionate and big time misunderstood and JG never stood up for him. Let him eat it all. I love the ones that speak their mind and aren't silent cause they are at least real. They say stuff cause they ain't scared to as opposed to cowards that dance around questions. Dez > Garrett all day any day any place any time.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Used him on the field which is right. Garrett needed a TD, fade to 88 and thats fine but to abuse him and make him the scapegoat was 100% wrong. He sold out 88 the minute he had a semi down year and Garrett is a little ***** coward for doing so, but yeah, used and abused.

Guy always bought it. Was willing to fight and was passionate and big time misunderstood and JG never stood up for him. Let him eat it all. I love the ones that speak their mind and aren't silent cause they are at least real. They say stuff cause they ain't scared to as opposed to cowards that dance around questions. Dez > Garrett all day any day any place any time.

They both suck.

coult44

Reaction score
Oh, we can't all just have an opinion around here? We don't need any signatures around here, tío.

where did you get that notion from? You can have an opinion and I can have mine. But, we can also see who ends up being right can’t we? What’s the use of an opinion if the outcome can’t be part of the discussion.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
where did you get that notion from? You can have an opinion and I can have mine. But, we can also see who ends up being right can’t we? What’s the use of an opinion if the outcome can’t be part of the discussion.
Who is stopping us from seeing who ends up being right? Not me. I've eatten crow here many times. We don't need no stinky signatures around here, esse.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm just going to come out and say... This team should sign Dez to a vet minimum contract and bring him to camp to see what he's got. I'm not going to argue with people who hate the guy's gut and will tie themselves in knots coming up with reasons why he should not be brought back.. The one argument I will address is the whole "He was often at odds with Garrett and Lenahan so he must be a bad guy" angle. If you DIDN'T have a problem with how Garrett and Lenahan ran the offense then you either aren't a Cowboys fan or you weren't paying attention. Hell anybody here NOT wish that Amari Cooper would have had a little Dez in him and demanded to be on the field for 4th and the season against Philly? I know a lot people don't like him and have their reasons. .. I don't care.. and you who else doesn't care? ... Jerry Jones. If Jerry gets the sense that it will be a good move for the team (and by extension his pocketbook) Dez will be with the Cowboys in Oxnard. Those of you who don't like it have 4 months to get used to it. I suggest you get started.

birdwells1

Reaction score
It was personal then and it is
So he 'can't win' with you is what you're saying then?
:huh:

That's good to know exactly where you're coming from.

It's funny that half of the people that I have on ignore was because of the back and forth that happened before Dez got cut. So I go down and hit the "show ignored" button and there they are again all in one thread. It was personal then and seems like it is now, those guys hate Dez with a passion. I just can't figure out why.:laugh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was personal then and it is

It's funny that half of the people that I have on ignore was because of the back and forth that happened before Dez got cut. So I go down and hit the "show ignored" button and there they are again all in one thread. It was personal then and seems like it is now, those guys hate Dez with a passion. I just can't figure out why.:laugh:

I can't either. Far better 'candidates' for such vitriol.

The '10-year anchor' for instance!
:lmao:

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Stupid is as stupid does. I make no excuses for the choices he's made on and off the field. People need to stop coddling him.

What stupid choice was made off the field? I know the the thing with his mom getting hit with a baseball cap, bu she was allowing Dezs brother to sell drugs out of a house in his name....
Dez is the only one that loses in that situation. Other than that what has he done off the field?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just going to come out and say... This team should sign Dez to a vet minimum contract and bring him to camp to see what he's got. I'm not going to argue with people who hate the guy's gut and will tie themselves in knots coming up with reasons why he should not be brought back.. The one argument I will address is the whole "He was often at odds with Garrett and Lenahan so he must be a bad guy" angle. If you DIDN'T have a problem with how Garrett and Lenahan ran the offense then you either aren't a Cowboys fan or you weren't paying attention. Hell anybody here NOT wish that Amari Cooper would have had a little Dez in him and demanded to be on the field for 4th and the season against Philly? I know a lot people don't like him and have their reasons. .. I don't care.. and you who else doesn't care? ... Jerry Jones. If Jerry gets the sense that it will be a good move for the team (and by extension his pocketbook) Dez will be with the Cowboys in Oxnard. Those of you who don't like it have 4 months to get used to it. I suggest you get started.

The last thing a new HC and new coaching staff need is Dez on the roster.

Stephen Jones has finally shed all of Jerry favorites with the final and biggest one being Garrett.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
You guys are just going to love it in 2026 when the cowboys bring back Jason garret as head of player personnel

Why not

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Couldn't Jerry just hire Dez to hand him his towel whenever he gets out of the shower?

Mannix

Reaction score
Again, don’t tell me we are worried about one roster spot as long as Shultz and Brown are still here.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What stupid choice was made off the field? I know the the thing with his mom getting hit with a baseball cap, bu she was allowing Dezs brother to sell drugs out of a house in his name....
Dez is the only one that loses in that situation. Other than that what has he done off the field?

Dez: "I cap slapped her because of her allowing drug sales."
Cops: "Oh, then that's different, you had a right to hit her.":rolleyes:

DuncanIso

Reaction score

id guess they are talking about a deal.

1-2 years. 3-4 million per. Add some bonus $$$

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He may or may not be allowed in shopping malls and he also got sued for destroying a rental home, worth $60,000 in damage. Want more?