Twitter: "I think people are surprised at how good he is at reading and processing."

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Who knows, maybe an OC feels like he can learn from watching other teams and QBs. Not really an outlandish idea.

That said, I'm always skeptical of unnamed sources, so I don't see a reason to either condemn or support the OP.
That's a good point. Any OC in the league would be crazy not to study in great detail the innovative Garrett/Linehan/Moore offense we've enjoyed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why would any OC, other than his own, be studying Dak enough to have a legitimate opinion on how he reads and processes the play? How seriously can the claim of "people are surprised" about how well he does it, be taken?

Why would people even be "surprised" that a QB who just completed his fourth full season be able to effectively read and process?

Interesting to note that some of the same people who criticize these one off, opinion tweets which refute their opinions champion the one off, opinion tweets that reinforce their opinions.

Textbook confirmation bias.
I think you're reading too much into this.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Nothing to see here... they had him ranked 12th overall, and noted that he was helped by an outsized amount of offensive talent to prop him up. Meaning on an average team, he would likely be just another tier 3 or tier 4 dink and dunk guy. But with weapons, it's not too controversial to have Dak in the top 12-14 QBs in the league production wise.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Looking at Prescott's scouting report coming out of college, while he has many strengths, accuracy and being confused by "intricate defensive schemes" still seems to be a weakness he sometimes has.

Doesn't see coverage when it's running *into* his receivers that well. I suppose that's hardest for all QBs. But I don't recall him having that problem last year.

May be less of a problem going into the future now that he pulls the trigger faster, giving safeties less of a chance to jump the routes. Every year of experience should help too. I wonder if they use VR to speed up the development of experience.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll be curious to see what MM has to say about Dak and his reading of defenses, if he's inclined to say so publicly. Since Dak and Kellen Moore are said to be buddies, I question if it's 100% true. I'm also skeptical that an average fan, like myself, has any true insight into Dak's thoughts. One can always guess but in reality, it doesn't necessarily mean much, other than an opinion.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Sadly that is true.

There still are some of us out here who are not completely pro or anti and it suck for us to have to wade through all of the tripe that each side spills out.
I like that tripe you serve with that white gravy that includes vinegar in the recipe.

My dad was brought up on it and it was served in my house from Day One.

I finally got tired of him soaking his homemade biscuits in it and saying..

"You don't know what you are missing" as he would smile and wipe his lips.

After awhile of this I refused to touch it until I was clearing the table one day and one little portion remained on his plate and I tried it.

After that..I did not care what it looked like or where it came from.

Same thing with tongue. My mom would fix it, Dad would lap it up and I would soon follow.

My grandmother was English and cooked Fish and Chips, Sheppard's Pie, corn beef and cabbage and tripe on Sundays at her place.

You think Dak will win me over? Will I get tired of the debate? I can be worn down.

Hmmm..but only if it tastes like chicken with lots of gravy..

:lmao2:

Swagger

Reaction score
One man's meat is another man's poison.

How many other quarterbacks in the league have played behind two future Hall of Fame offensive lineman and an All Pro (for three of the four years) throughout their entire career?

All these rankings are pointless as there are other quarterbacks in the league that haven't had a prayer to show what they can do due to what is around them.

So I ask myself one simple question did Prescott play like a top 7 QB in the eight losses last season...

Jets - No
Bears - No
Eagles - No
Patriots - No but to be fair neither did (a 42 year old) Tom Brady on the night
Saints - No
Vikings - Yes and arguably his best performance of the season yet the team still lost.
Bills - No
Packers - No

If he's a top 7 QB in the league then by jove the standard must be below par.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a good point. Any OC in the league would be crazy not to study in great detail the innovative Garrett/Linehan/Moore offense we've enjoyed.
There is something to learn from everyone.

HungryLion

Reaction score
There is something to learn from everyone.

When scouting opposing defenses. I would imagine that OC’s also look at what has and has not been successful against those defenses, when ran by other offenses those defenses have faced recently.

Creeper

Reaction score
He nailed me. I am surprised. But pleasantly surprised.