Twitter: "I think people are surprised at how good he is at reading and processing."

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There's a second part to how inflation works and that is when a product, in this case Dak, is eventually priced at a level that the buyer, in the case the Dallas Cowboys, decide to hold off purchasing and/or look at other options, such as continuing to rent for a little longer or going with a cheaper model. I wouldn't even say inflation is the way to look at it. Yes salaries are rising but I think it's more of a supply and demand issue. Teams are stuck with no real alternatives except the QB they have under contract or tagged so that QB essentially can ask for top dollar even though they aren't the top QB. Eventually some team will have to break that cycle. Are QBs going to be making $100 million per season in 7 or 8 years?
I'm just speaking strictly on the "He is not a top 2 player so he shouldn't be paid like it" crowd. I bring up inflation because 2 or 3 years from now that will not be a top 2 contract. And with inflation.....teams "don't break the cycle". Because what one team won't pay another team will. It never fails. Happened with Jimmy G and Cousins. Because eventually a team will come up that thinks they can contend now and don't want to have to invest in a 1st rounder to do so. Like the Vikings.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would think fence straddlers would appreciate other pov's that might help them come to a more complete decision.

I think they are a "fence straddler" because they are taking a wait and see approach. Maybe waiting to see what Dak looks like with a actual head coach and not Jason Garrett.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Shout out to the Athletic.

NFL off. coordinator on Dak Prescott: “I think people are surprised at how good he is at reading and processing and throwing the ball where it needs to go and throwing it accurately. I have him as a high, high (tier) 2, a top-7 quarterback in the league.”

Jason Garrett didn't want to be quoted?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sadly that is true.

There still are some of us out here who are not completely pro or anti and it suck for us to have to wade through all of the tripe that each side spills out.

Posting a positive article on your top 10 qb isn’t tripe.

that’s just what most quality fans would do in regards to their top 10 qb.

Then again you could always make a dak sucks board. Which has been suggested.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think people are surprised at how good he is at reading and processing and throwing the ball where it needs to go and throwing it accurately. I have him as a high, high (tier) 2, a top-7 quarterback in the league.

Reporter: Thank you, Kellen.

No problem.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's easier for him than posting anything with substance.
Yeah that seems to be the case but man what kind of miserable person is that to where that's all you do is call people trolls and tell them they are stupid? And how is it allowed to go on?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Dak has mastered the mental component of the game. He’s got more intangibles than any player I’ve ever seen. His pocket presence could be better, but it’s not killer.

The only weakness to his game is arm talent. And it’s a pretty big one because it can kill drives. It’s the only thing that gives you pause when the big money comes up.

plasticman

Reaction score
Interesting how there are so many closed minds even before a single regular season game has been played. So many assumptions based, not on facts, but personal agenda.

I wish there were some way of holding posters accountable by re-posting their "stone cold lock" predictions after the season, particularly the ones that describe a Cowboy player as "trash" or "garbage" or "worthless".

However, there is a policy, a wise one I suppose, that prohibits the practice, lucky for some.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Yeah that seems to be the case but man what kind of miserable person is that to where that's all you do is call people trolls and tell them they are stupid? And how is it allowed to go on?
All this gossip, lol... not even subtly crying to the mods like a child. Use the report button and keep it moving. The crying you trolls do is embarrassing.

slick325

Reaction score
What is Garrett's position with the New York Football Giants again?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think Dak is just fine.
Good QB who surrounded by a preposterous amount of offensive talent (line, backs, WRs)
He should have a very good season.
:flagwave:

Having said that, do we really need to start a new thread every time some random dude makes a statement, one way or the other, about Dak?
There are 100 people in this forum that know as much about QB play as Jon Machota.
Should we have each make a statement and start a new thread? It would have just as much substance.
I'm glad he likes Dak, but really....so what....

He came out and said the opposite, this quote would still be posted--but just by those on the other side of the argument.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All this gossip, lol... not even subtly crying to the mods like a child. Use the report button and keep it moving. The crying you trolls do is embarrassing.
Man with some of the stupid stuff you say you know damn well nobody "cries to the mods" over you. Hell I Forget you are even on this site until I enter a Dak thread and you randomly call someone "stupid" or a "troll". Its corny. Are you not capable of conducting yourself like an adult? How bad are thing for you to where you have to stoop low enough to call someone stupid because they don't agree with you? Man up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Dak is just fine.
Good QB who surrounded by a preposterous amount of offensive talent (line, backs, WRs)
He should have a very good season.
:flagwave:

Having said that, do we really need to start a new thread every time some random dude makes a statement, one way or the other, about Dak?
There are 100 people in this forum that know as much about QB play as Jon Machota.
Should we have each make a statement and start a new thread? It would have just as much substance.
I'm glad he likes Dak, but really....so what....

He came out and said the opposite, this quote would still be posted--but just by those on the other side of the argument.
Do we have to start a new thread every time Colin Cowherd makes a statement about Dak?

BTW, this quote did not come form Machota.