I told a fellow guitar player friend of my plans to buy an Iceman

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I plan to buy this guitar:
ibanez-iceman-ic520.jpg

That's an Ibanez Iceman, and it's one of the best and most beautiful guitars ever made. I have to have one. Soon I'll have the bucks together to get one. I told a fellow guitarist friend of mine of my plans, and he called the Iceman "fugly." What????? How could anyone say that? I accused him of being a communist.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Never been a huge fan of the Iceman. The only person I know that plays it is Paul Stanley of Kiss. Of course, that's just my opinion. I too would go with the Gibson Flyging V. I've always wanted one, but never enough to actually buy one. If I were going to go out and by a V. It would be a Jackson USA RR1 Randy Rhoads with the Eerie Dess Swirl paint job.

yzrfrupixgifugjhhbu7.jpg

lq9vfmmojzm3n8mabnke.jpg

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Never been a huge fan of the Iceman. The only person I know that plays it is Paul Stanley of Kiss. Of course, that's just my opinion. I too would go with the Gibson Flyging V. I've always wanted one, but never enough to actually buy one. If I were going to go out and by a V. It would be a Jackson USA RR1 Randy Rhoads with the Eerie Dess Swirl paint job.

yzrfrupixgifugjhhbu7.jpg

lq9vfmmojzm3n8mabnke.jpg

Anel Paz and Steve Miller both played the Iceman, not exclusively, but that's true of Paul Stanley also. It's not a guitar as visible as many like the Les Paul or the Strat, but I like it a lot.

Edit: Correction, it was Anel Paz, not Neil Schon.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I agree with your buddy. Never been a big fan of "weird" shaped guitars.

The one exception being the Gibson Flying V. Mostly for sentimental reasons.

To each his own though. Enjoy the hell out of that ugly guitar! :thumbup: