I want Jerry to Meddle

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I know, I know. GASP!

But I would love for Jerry to go to the coaching staff and say,"I don't care how you do it, but I am paying a huge amount of money to TO. I want to see him get the ball in his hands 10 times a game. Keep in mind I am paying you guys a lot of money as well. And if you want to keep it coming, do it."

Hand the ball off to him, WR screens, whatever, just get him the ball. He is the most dangerous guy we have. What is Garret thinking?

OK. Rant off. (for now) :mad:

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Garrett is a result of Jerry meddling with the head coach's job.

Ren

Reaction score
this obsession with getting him the ball is doing more harm then good as it is. if TO gets open, catches what's thrown to him and stops giving up on routes he'll get the ball.

This offense would be so much better if they wasn't hostages to TO ego

MrMom

Reaction score
I would be on board if he were still an elite talent, but that is no longer the truth.

We need to get rid of any T.O. running plays. Waste of plays. He hasn't made a man miss all year on one of those. 3rd and 2 and we pitch to T.O.? Come on. Then we follow it up with an even worse call. Deon Anderson up the gut. Oookay.

In another situation of three down territory...3rd and 2 we line up in shotgun and throw a deep ball to T.O. ...incomplete. 4th and 2 and another shotgun deep throw over the middle to T.O. ...incomplete.

This offense has too many weapons to cater to T.O. If anything they need to start getting Roy E. involved more to open things up for T.O. We were all ecstatic to have Roy take some coverage off of T.O. well, things haven't and won't start to open up until we prove that Roy is a legitimate threat.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2476099 said:
Garrett is a result of Jerry meddling with the head coach's job.

I agree seems like Jerry has given Garrett free reign. Which in my opinion is pretty dumb considering his lack of experience and he is getting owned by good defensive coordinators.

If anything we need to get RW11 and Crayton more involved instead of forcing it to Witten and TO. Crayton was wide open on Romo's last pick. The whole point of having a bunch of playmakers is to spread the ball around and keep defenses off balance, we havent shown we are willing or able to do that.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2476096 said:
I know, I know. GASP!

But I would love for Jerry to go to the coaching staff and say,"I don't care how you do it, but I am paying a huge amount of money to TO. I want to see him get the ball in his hands 10 times a game. Keep in mind I am paying you guys a lot of money as well. And if you want to keep it coming, do it."

Hand the ball off to him, WR screens, whatever, just get him the ball. He is the most dangerous guy we have. What is Garret thinking?

OK. Rant off. (for now) :mad:

Ok... your intentions are good and correct...

but its your method thats off :laugh2:

Where you are correct is.... WE need to get TO the ball with HIGH PERCENTAGE TO plays.

We have not done that yet... not often enough anyways.

Get him motion... get the slant going.... no more of this throwing into a stationary TO with 2-3 defenders surrounding him.

superpunk

Reaction score
Sweet. Our own little version of the Randy Ratio.

That worked out great for the Vikings and Mike Tice.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2476096 said:

The way we keep forcing him the ball and ignoring a lot of other weapons, it sounds like he has already done that and it is not working.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Alexander;2476289 said:
The way we keep forcing him the ball and ignoring a lot of other weapons, it sounds like he has already done that and it is not working.

I agree.

Cajun, I feel just the opposite. I want Jerry to crawl in a hole somewhere and leave the coaches and Owens alone.

Jerry's actions and stupid comments are undercutting the coaches, which creates organizational chaos, distrust, misinformation, and unnecessary pressure.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Chief;2476306 said:
I agree.

Cajun, I feel just the opposite. I want Jerry to crawl in a hole somewhere and leave the coaches and Owens alone.

Jerry's actions and stupid comments are undercutting the coaches, which creates organizational chaos, distrust, misinformation, and unnecessary pressure.

:hammer:

If TO touches the ball 20 that's awesome as long as it's in the flow of the offense. You don't force plays ever.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
How bout Jerry, someone go down there and tell them to hit the open guy instead of locking on to a guy? How bout going down there and telling them to not be so predictable and adjust the offense during games? You know come up with new wrinkles every game, like a real coordinator who gets paid $3 million is supposed to do? How bout putting T.O or RW in motion every 2nd play or so? How about switching which side they are going to run their route on? How bout bunching T.O, Witten and RW on some formations and crossing some routes? How bout getting Barber and Choice to run more North/South as opposed to East /West where they're not as effective at? How about less pauses to the RB's on hand offs? When we run it's more draws than anything, get real. We're supposed to dictate on running plays,not be dictated too.

How about using some play action once in a while? How about a trick play once in a while? How about Tony using his feet like he used to when he had the opportunity once in a while? How about we throw to the flats, intermediate and deep parts of the field as opposed to just throwing to one part all game? How about throwing to the sidelines and in the middle? You know variety? Different perimeters of the field so that the defense has to spread out? No wonder opposing front 7's can just 'T" off on our line, they know exactly where to go and aren't afraid of getting burned by a blitz because coverage isalways where it needs to be.

How's all of that for offensive brainstorming? You think Jerry's kid can work on a few of these things while Jerry works on getting him his $3 million? T.O gets open get him the ball. RW gets open get him the ball. Witten gets open, get him the ball. The only things that needs to be forced on offense is absolutely aggressive and brutal force o-line play and mixing up the plays and where the ball goes. How bout that?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Agree with Alex and Chief. I bet Jerry has said something very close to that... And I think they are trying to get him the ball more than anyone else. But it's not that easy. And TO has to do his part, too.

Also agree that Jerry should shut up and let the coaches coach. I guess it's just that we all know it isn't going to happen. I do think that Jerry doesn't push for things as much as we think, or at least doesn't get his way that often. Sometimes like with Pacman, maybe he does. It's hard to say.

But he definitely should be very careful about the appearance of undermining his coaches, because that's a guaranteed disaster. But he's definitely not going to care about stopping the appearance of that.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
YoMick;2476283 said:
Ok... your intentions are good and correct...

but its your method thats off :laugh2:

Where you are correct is.... WE need to get TO the ball with HIGH PERCENTAGE TO plays.

We have not done that yet... not often enough anyways.

Get him motion... get the slant going.... no more of this throwing into a stationary TO with 2-3 defenders surrounding him.

That was the point. Move him, use screens whatever it takes.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
I don't see them putting him position to make a quantity of plays. Romo was forcing things to Witten during the Steeler game. (See the last pick).

And whoever says he's not an elite player anymore doesn't know squat about football. That's insane.

And as far as the coaches worrying about getting him the ball...I guess that would be a good worry to have. BTW, I don't consider throwing the ball 30 yards past him being "targeted".

superpunk

Reaction score
It's pretty entertaining to watch the Cardinals offense.

There doesn't seem to be any concerted effort to get anyone the ball. Boldin and Fitzgerald tend to get it the most, because they are the best WRs on that team, but alot of times teams will take them out to start the game and suddenly Steve Breaston is slaughtering the opposition deep. And even if that happens, and Larry Fitzgerald isn't involved in the offense, there are no shots of Larry Fitzgerald scowling as he walks off the field, or shouting at assistant coaches and other players.

On top of that, they don't even seem to have to run magic routes for Larry Fitzgerald to get open. He just does it on his own. It's pretty impressive, and fun to watch. And eventually, what happens is Larry Or Boldin end up taking over the game, just by default, within the flow of the offense.

Who'd have thought?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
superpunk;2476565 said:
It's pretty entertaining to watch the Cardinals offense.

There doesn't seem to be any concerted effort to get anyone the ball. Boldin and Fitzgerald tend to get it the most, because they are the best WRs on that team, but alot of times teams will take them out to start the game and suddenly Steve Breaston is slaughtering the opposition deep. And even if that happens, and Larry Fitzgerald isn't involved in the offense, there are no shots of Larry Fitzgerald scowling as he walks off the field, or shouting at assistant coaches and other players.

On top of that, they don't even seem to have to run magic routes for Larry Fitzgerald to get open. He just does it on his own. It's pretty impressive, and fun to watch. And eventually, what happens is Larry Or Boldin end up taking over the game, just by default, within the flow of the offense.

Who'd have thought?

Perfect example, but Arizona does attack every part of the field and they do move Fitz around. Fitz doesn't drop balls either and he goes up and gets it way better than T.O does.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
LOL. Amazing. A few weeks ago they're trying to hard to get him the ball and they should just shut up and not care what TO believes or rants about and now people think he needs the ball more.

Even ESPN I believe was pissing on Romo for not going to TO in the fourth quarter on their final two possessions more. Weren't these the same guys pissing on Romo earlier in the seaon for trying to get the ball to him too much and now they believe TO NEEDS to be getting the ball in all the key moments?

Unbelievable.