I want to know who Garrett wanted in the 2nd round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
We all know he was not on board with the Gregory pick. Who was the guy that he wanted to draft in the second?

DFWJC

Reaction score
We all know that Garrett was WARY of Gregory. They would NOT have taken Gregory without Garrett's okay...even if it was a reluctant okay.

I do think Gregory dropping all the way to 60 threw our draft plans a curve. They don't bring in players unless they're interested, and they brought in a ton of RBs.
That was trade down territory to get either Coleman or Duke. Or maybe even no trade down at all.
OO or Harold could have been in play too.

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In listening and reading all the post draft stuff I could I do not recall one rumor regarding this question. I'm not sure there was any specific player Garrett wanted. But I would agree it looked like Jerry was trying to sell him on taking Gregory on the War Room cam.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
In listening and reading all the post draft stuff I could I do not recall one rumor regarding this question. I'm not sure there was any specific player Garrett wanted. But I would agree it looked like Jerry was trying to sell him on taking Gregory on the War Room cam.

Jerry had just got off a 40 minute phone call with Gregory where amongst other things they talked about him desiring supervision. I would bet a hundred to a donut that the conversation with Garrett also included specifics in what that would entail.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably a nose guard..

It was actually a mouthguard. Derpy Derpsome. From Blue Mountain State. We all know it. Good thread.

I didn't see the war room cam, but where did the story come out that Garrett was actually reacting to Hardy's stupid twin towers tweet? That was circulating at the time, anyway.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It was actually a mouthguard. Derpy Derpsome. From Blue Mountain State. We all know it. Good thread.

I didn't see the war room cam, but where did the story come out that Garrett was actually reacting to Hardy's stupid twin towers tweet? That was circulating at the time, anyway.

Good question, I missed a lot of the early part of the raft..

Status
Not open for further replies.