I Was A Big Zeke Supporter, But This Flying Back To Cabo Is Last Straw. Trade Him

Reaction score
As good a player as Zeke is, he has little or no trade value.

No team is going to give up: A) a 1st round pick and maybe more, B) sign him to a $15M+ a year deal and, C) put up with his off field knuckleheadedness.

Zeke and Jerry will come to some kind of agreement. Nobody can say exactly when. Or how much this will help or hurt the teams overall salary cap and the teams ability to sign other players. But trading him is off the table, IMO.

aria

Reaction score
you wont convince the haters of this common sense.. they just take it personal and cant se e past the true reasons he wants money before he steps back on the turf..

I see it I agrtee and why stay in Dallas with the Media hunting you down at whole foods and sticking mics in your face..thats why hes over there to get AWAY from the SM Frenzy..its circus..
And what common sense is that? He doesn’t think it’s fair that a QB makes more then he does? He may have a shorter career? He was offered slightly less money than another guy at his position?

Lol, are you kidding me?! I don’t think it’s fair a guy makes more playing one or two games than I make in 3-4 years. I don’t think it’s fair my boss makes more than me but I do more work and know my job better than he does.

This cry baby has been coddled his entire life and people like you only enable him and it’s why he’s never changed. Next time Zeke gets a first down, instead of doing his dumb feed me sign he should sit down and suck his thumb.

Last edited:

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Ok. Sound logic there buddy. I'm assuming you have watched and seen what Zeke has brought to the team?
I have. But Pollard has looked very promising albeit in limited action in pre-season. I'm more than prepared for them to go into the regular season without Zeke and see how things go before giving into Zeke's demands. People always talk about how great our line is. Here's a chance to see if it is the line or Zeke (or, more than likely, a combination of both).

We have a lot of guys who have shown to not end up in stupid situations off the field who are coming up on contracts. Though I don't believe everything off-the-field has necessarily been Zeke's fault, I'd feel more comfortable giving the money to the others than Zeke.

catiii

Reaction score
Enjoy "parity" and hanging with the Browns.

Tune in, watch the team(s) implode and we'll have a faster paced WWF.

Crap product.
You're panic is showing. Chill :) Zeke was ranked 18 last year. The things that will cause a parity situation are the things that giving Zeke a huge contract will come to pass. You know like signing other players we need??
The team should be more important than an overhyped individual who led the league in fumbles last year for RBs.
Lack of a decent kicker is going to lose more games than not having Zeke - in fact I disagree w the premise that not having Zeke will be the cause of ANY lost games. :clap:
Ya gotta believe in the TEAM not this one primadonna.! Come on man!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No one sees this team contending for a championship without Elliott.

Love him or hate him, we need his talent especially with our QB.

If we had a more prolific passer and top 10 passing offense we could probably win without him.

Trendnet

Reaction score
And what common sense is that? He doesn’t think it’s fair that a QB makes more then he does? He may have a shorter career? He was offered slightly less money than another guy at his position?

Lol, are you kidding me?! I don’t think it’s fair a guy makes more playing one or two games than I make in 3-4 years. I don’t think it’s fair my boss makes more than me but I do more work and know my job better than he does.

This cry baby has been coddled his entire life and people like only enable him and it’s why he’s never changed. Next time Zeke gets a first down, instead of doing his dumb feed me sign he should sit down and suck his thumb.

You're also easily replaceable and your boss knows that. Hence why you get paid what you do.

Zeke isn't like you.

Deal with it.

Reaction score
Pollard has promise, but no single player can replace Zeke's production.

If worst comes to worst, there will be at least a couple of decent RB's cut before week 1. Sign 1 or 2 of them and try to make a 3 headed RBBC work. Between the 3 of them, I believe you can average 100-120 yards a game behind this o-line.

It's not as good as having a bell cow like Zeke with Pollard, but make do a best you can until you reach an agreement with Zeke.

aria

Reaction score
You're also easily replaceable and your boss knows that. Hence why you get paid what you do.

Zeke isn't like you.

Deal with it.
Ohhhhhh...but he is. Gurley wasn’t replaceable, Bell wasn’t replaceable until they were. Not to mention, you don’t necessarily need another RB of equal caliber to replace production and W’s. Amazing how teams like NE and Philthy churn through RB’s yet keep winning games, isn’t it? Sl

You should give the Ewok the same advice you just gave me “deal with it”.

And thank god Zeke isn’t like me and I’m not like him. I don’t bully women or people half my size. I don’t bite the hand that feeds me. I honor my word. I’m not entitled. I haven’t been coddled my entire life. I don’t have a bobble head. I don’t carry purses or wear belly shirts. I don’t turn my back on my team out of selfishness and call it “business”.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Ok. Sound logic there buddy. I'm assuming you have watched and seen what Zeke has brought to the team?

Yes, but there comes a point when one has to make decisions based on the team. We all know the "Patriot Way" and their ability to get people to sign for less (and many get more with playoff checks, championship checks and the MAJOR endorsements related to that). It takes a team courageous enough to stick to their guns.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Newsflash - the Browns are probably just as good as we are ...... maybe better.
News flash......when was the last time the Browns were in a SB?

Right over your head......

blueblood70

Reaction score

This cry baby has been coddled his entire life and people like you only enable him and it’s why he’s never changed. Next time Zeke gets a first down, instead of doing his dumb feed me sign he should sit down and suck his thumb.
not fair LOL you are missing the point even though EE is better then zeke he will only make half what dak does and he will except no less meaning take 15 and still making less..he deserves the dang 15 and the only one on this team thats up for contract that has the skins.. get over your self ..Tell Dake take 25 and Amari 15 because really that who they are, thats what they have earned and no more but they will get more.. you are asking an Elite player to not get all he can and 15 is basically the target and still be 4th on the team in salary..that common sense Zeke earned 4 years 15 per 3 years guaranteed and can perform to its level, somehow you are trying to convince me dak will get 34 and earn any of it? no hes 25milper year player as it stands and Amari outside the top10 in WRs should get 15-16 hes that player if he FEELS he should get big top 5 WR money those 2 are the ones holding the FO up not Zeke..yes he held out to get his but Amari not taking 17 and Dak not accepting 30 thats the real issue here..

thats my view and YOU won't change that..Ill take Zeke over Dak and Amari anyday as GM picking a team.I an others have said we an keep this together if Dak would simply take 30 Aamri 17 and zeke gets his 15, lets make run..

its Dak and Amaris contracts that will sink this team down the road because neither have showed they are anywhere close to those type of players..i give two spits about the so called market..you see Jimmy G last night thats what happens when you overpay players who havent earmed it..sure he will get better but when hes bilking SanFRan why hes done squat.. but hose contracts are whats creating the market and need to back peddle..earn your money by your play not your positions..thats COMMON SENSE..

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Makes me think that giving a first round pick for Amari, who is outside the top10 was a mistake .

But I'm undecided for now ...

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
This guy isn't in the team's best long term interest. We'll be right back here this time next year. Could be a suspension. Could be a demand for a new contract. Some public scandal. IMHO, if we can find a taker (and a workable deal), let's move the guy now rather than later. And, yes, that would remove some of the plays in our planned play book.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Lmao at people getting their feelings hurt over what grown men do in their own lives that has zero bearing on their lives. Some of y'all need a reality check in this thing we call life. Couch potato fans trying to dictate a professional athlete's career and finances.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Look, I have been one of Jerry's biggest critics on this board, but the man bent over backwards to help Zeke out. Went to war with the Commish, had to repay the league millions of dollars out of his own pocket to cover their legal bills, and probably affected the officiating we got on the field (9 games without a hold call ring a bell). And this is how Zeke repays Jerry for going to bat for him?

Jerry helped Jerry. Zeke was a big investment and Jerry wants to win. Let's not act like Zeke was some street kid Jerry just decided to help out - there was something in it for him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol. This dude doesn't have half the talent Zeke has. Wow, he makes some plays against backup guys running vanilla defensive schemes. Neat-o.
Guarantee Pollard would have ran better in the playoffs against the Rams than Zeke did. Zeke is already wearing down. Give me the quicker, faster and fresh legs over the slower, run down and older legs any day. Plus, cheaper.