I was banned on Twitter for supporting Troy

coult44

Reaction score
Some guy made a comment that “Troy would’ve been horrible if he played in today’s NFL.”

I followed with , “You mean today’s NFL where these Pansie QB’s cry for a flag if they are barely Hit”

Twitter said it was hate speech?
Got benched for 24 hours LOL.

I will listen to, and respect my friends here at CZ’s opinion.

Was I really over the line? Was it the word Pansie that they didn’t like?
How was this interpreted to be hate speech?

I appealed it but lost LOL.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Some guy made a comment that “Troy would’ve been horrible if he played in today’s NFL.”

I followed with , “You mean today’s NFL where these Pansie QB’s cry for a flag if they are barely Hit”

It was pansie IMO... but I don’t think it was that bad.

However, in today’s PC world, you can’t say things like that, period.

JMO.

jay94

Reaction score

Your 100% right, this is a QB's league now, its not a shocker they are breaking records. Finally just this year they decided to start calling more holding calls, which greatly favors the offense, I remember Lawrence getting held so much, but it does obviously go both ways.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I don’t see anything in your post supportive of Troy, it’s just making fun of today’s QBs.

Someone filed a complaint against you hoping it would stick, and it did. Personally, not taking one side or the other, I think they made too much of it, but the 24 hour sideline is more of a warning than anything else.

No biggie.

jjtrcka22

Reaction score
Wow! That is ridiculous if that was deemed hate speech. You said nothing out of line man. Frustrating overly-sensitive world we live in.

And props to you for defending Troy. His numbers would have been amazing in today's NFL. His accuracy combined with today's rules and offensive coordinators?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

You are my hero man. Proud of you for that.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Twitter and Facebook can lick my ----.

People who spend time on them can lick stamps.
I don't do twitter and facebook is just family and close friends...less than 100 friends! And I know A LOT of people.

Lutonio

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is the Twit reviewing the report decided pansy is a homosexual slur.

Not saying it's an appropriate ban -- just pointing out it's the only explanation I can think of.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Another message board I frequently a with visit I made the mistake of calling the Sedin twins ( soft Swedish hockey players who are twin brothers) the Sedin sisters...I got reported and flamed big time...lol. I did not get banned or sidelined...

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I got banned from mountaineer sports because they did an article about West Virginians not being tech savvy enough to log into ESPN+. My comment was as I quote " This might be the most disrespect full article I've ever seen to the people of WV." I sent them a message asking why it was deleted and they said this.

My comment: Censorship of a members view is the wrong way to keep fans on your site. Good luck with your future work.

We agree and thank you for your continued support.
Also, good luck with your future work of replying with negativity on our articles.

It is pretty amazing to me that the media can control any narrative they want on social media.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Gotta love the PC crowd on twitter. You were very tamed over what I would have been.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Your 100% right, this is a QB's league now, its not a shocker they are breaking records. Finally just this year they decided to start calling more holding calls, which greatly favors the offense, I remember Lawrence getting held so much, but it does obviously go both ways.

You're missing the point. His overall point was 100% correct. However he wasn't benched for supporting Troy. He was benched for using pansie to describe all QBs of this era. Do I think what he did was a big deal, no. And certainly worse things happen on twitter than this. However, he was certainly not banned for supporting Troy.

CapnB

Reaction score
I've seen a lot worse than that written on twitter that people didn't get suspended over. You can type in a certain person we all know, that the media cant stand in the search bar and see 100x worse than what you wrote. That is just bogus.