I was told only JG makes game managment mistakes

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-welker-non-catch/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Yet here we have a SB winning coach who not only had his team completely unprepared for the second half of the game, nor did he "see the replay" of Welkers non-catch.

Now according to some people around here Jason Garrett is the only head coach that is capable of making such bone-headed moves. In fact he's the only coach in the NFL that makes mistakes that "cost" there team games (that non challenge lead to the march down the field for the TD and the ensuing onslaught that came about)

So I guess maybe this is where the "realist" come in and say will he's won XX number of games and won a superbowl so therefore he's allowed to make mistakes because he's proven he's a winner? yea, You're full of it

Zordon

Reaction score
2im2dqo.jpg

zack

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-welker-non-catch/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Yet here we have a SB winning coach who not only had his team completely unprepared for the second half of the game, nor did he "see the replay" of Welkers non-catch.

Now according to some people around here Jason Garrett is the only head coach that is capable of making such bone-headed moves. In fact he's the only coach in the NFL that makes mistakes that "cost" there team games (that non challenge lead to the march down the field for the TD and the ensuing onslaught that came about)

So I guess maybe this is where the "realist" come in and say will he's won XX number of games and won a superbowl so therefore he's allowed to make mistakes because he's proven he's a winner? yea, You're full of it

This applies to SB winning QBs too. Both Brady and Manning threw picks at the end of playoff games last season. Oh and they were win or go home games too! :)

khiladi

Reaction score

Logic based upon a flawed assumption. Nobody believes JG is the ONLY HC to make bone-headed plays. The difference is that a guy like Harbaugh has a track record of success, while JG continually blows.

Tobal

Reaction score
I wish we had a button to block people who bring up the "iced his own kicker" crap. You can find legitimate reasons to not like Garrett,

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wish we had a button to block people who bring up the "iced his own kicker" crap. You can find legitimate reasons to not like Garrett,

I agree. That line is the biggest hog wash I have seen. Garrett was not icing his kicker, special teams coach comes running up calling for the TO and Garrett called the TO they were not icing the kicker.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For grins it should be noted that so called icing the kicker does not work at least according to the stats
FG Pct by Distance, Since 2001
10 Seconds or Less in 4th Qtr

Iced Not Iced

Under 30 yds 100.0 96.7

30-39 yds 100.0 80.8

40-49 yds 73.7 69.8

50+ yds 77.8 37.5

Total 83.0 70.2

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen a lot of people bash Garrett but I don't ever recall people saying he is the "only" head coach making boneheaded calls. In fact, I would submit you see a bonehead call or two on a weekly basis elsewhere in the league.