I Will Be Pulling For The Giants, GB And N.O.

Reaction score
Even though the Cowboys have a Bye-week, I will be watching closely to this weekends match-ups and will be pulling for the Giants, GreenBay and New Orleans.

Here is why, IMO. If the Giants beat Philly, the Giants move to 8-1. I hate the idea of them winning the division but I think if Dallas gets in it will be by the Wildcard. So, if the Giants win as I mentioned before it will drop Philly to 5-4 with us but would put Philly in last place because of the head-to-head match-up.

Another game that I will have interest in will be GreenBay/Vikes. Even though they are tied in their division at 4-4 I rather see GB win because the Cowboys have the tie-breaker because of our eariler win against them. IMO, I think we match-up a little bit better against GB than the Vikes. Depends on how things work out I rather have GB come to Dallas than Dallas have to go to Minnisota if they end up with a better record than us at the end of the season. The Cowboys history in Minnisota is not very good.

Also, who ever loses will be in serious trouble. At 4-5, your pretty much done.

The other game that I will have strong interest in will be New Orleans and Atlanta. The Saints are 4-4 and need a win or they will be pretty much done. As for Atlanta, they been playing good football all year. Atlanta is at 5-3 thus far.

I would like to see New Orleans beat Atlanta. This would knock Atlanta to 5-4 with Dallas. New Orleans would move to 5-4 as well.

As for any tie-breakers the Cowboys would have the advantage right now over GB and Philly because of the head-to-head wins that the Cowboys have over them.

The other tie-breakers would go to N.O., Vikes and Atlanta because their conference records are better than the Cowboys, right now. Of the teams battling for a Wild-Card berth the Cowboys have the worst conference among Atlanta, GB, Philly and the Vikes(Cowboys have advantage,now over GB and Philly).

With that said, we are going to see if the Cowboys have the grape-fruits to go out in their second half of the season and make a run!

It's going to be an up-hill battle, to say the least, but one that isn't totally out of the question.

The Cowboys need to take care of their own business! Beat the Skins and move to 6-4! That will take the Skins to 6-4! A win will give the Cowboys some momentum. BTW, the Skins will still hold an advantage if we end in a tie with them because of the NFC conference record is better.

This weekend will be interesting! Come Monday night, the Cowboys will no doubt know where they stand. The will know if the battle is going to be extremely tough or a battle that maybe not as difficult if teams that need to lose end up losing!

So, Let's Go Giants, GB and New Orleans! And as always, Let's Go Cowboys! Get Healthy And Make A Run!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2406599 said:
Now that's a good post.

Yes it is, however, I am pulling for a Giants loss becasue that would give them 2 loses.......we are going to win all of our games........therefore, the Giants only need to lose to someone else and we would be tied with them......

GO COWBOYS! :star:

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2406640 said:
Yes it is, however, I am pulling for a Giants loss becasue that would give them 2 loses.......we are going to win all of our games........therefore, the Giants only need to lose to someone else and we would be tied with them......

:laugh2: Come on CrazyCowboy! That's crazy talk, LOL! seriously, the Cowboys know they probably are not going to win the division, the Wild-Card is their best bet! Nice spirit on your part.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2406640 said:

Let me just say this. If the Giants lose the game I will not be sad by any wild stretch. However, it also reduces the Cowboys chances of making the playoffs.

At this point I do not care about winning the NFC East. If by some miracle we win out to finish 12-4 and win the NFC East I will be as ecstatic as anyone. I think expecting it to happen is the equivalent of an ostrich with his head in the sand.

If the Giants win it increases our chances exponentially and I prefer better odds to a miracle finish at this juncture.

The original poster's thoughts are dead on the money what is best for this team.

Reaction score
Hostile;2406668 said:
Let me just say this. If the Giants lose the game I will not be sad by any wild stretch. However, it also reduces the Cowboys chances of making the playoffs.

At this point I do not care about winning the NFC East. If by some miracle we win out to finish 12-4 and win the NFC East I will be as ecstatic as anyone. I think expecting it to happen is the equivalent of an ostrich with his head in the sand.

If the Giants win it increases our chances exponentially and I prefer better odds to a miracle finish at this juncture.

The original poster's thoughts are dead on the money what is best for this team.

Couldn't agree more! Philly's schedule isn't that tough down the road. If the beat the Giants, it's going to mighty tough for the Cowboys to make the playoffs.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2406688 said:
Couldn't agree more! Philly's schedule isn't that tough down the road. If the beat the Giants, it's going to mighty tough for the Cowboys to make the playoffs.
Actually it is.

The top 3 toughest remaining schedules in the NFL are as follows.

1. Giants, record for remaining schedule, 41-25, .621

2. Cowboys, record for remaining schedule, 33-22, .600

3. Eagles, record for remaining schedule, 39-29, .574

Reaction score
Hostile;2406718 said:
Actually it is.

The top 3 toughest remaining schedules in the NFL are as follows.

1. Giants, record for remaining schedule, 41-25, .621

2. Cowboys, record for remaining schedule, 33-22, .600

3. Eagles, record for remaining schedule, 39-29, .574

After the Giants game Eagles play Cinni, Baltimore, Arizonia, Giants, Cleveland, Washington and than us.

I guess because of the division games make the schedule a little tougher.

BigDave95

Reaction score
You've got to be careful with Green Bay. We want them in the wild card hunt, not winning the division since we have a tie break against them. Chicago is vulnerable atop the North. A Green Bay win is fine this week but we don't want them to keep winning.

Reaction score
BigDave95;2406755 said:
You've got to be careful with Green Bay. We want them in the wild card hunt, not winning the division since we have a tie break against them. Chicago is vulnerable atop the North. A Green Bay win is fine this week but we don't want them to keep winning.

I think we could smoke GB again especially if we get healthy and get on a roll.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2406734 said:
After the Giants game Eagles play Cinni, Baltimore, Arizonia, Giants, Cleveland, Washington and than us.

I guess because of the division games make the schedule a little tougher.
I think that is exactly it.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2406598 said:
Even though the Cowboys have a Bye-week, I will be watching closely to this weekends match-ups and will be pulling for the Giants, GreenBay and New Orleans.

Here is why, IMO. If the Giants beat Philly, the Giants move to 8-1. I hate the idea of them winning the division but I think if Dallas gets in it will be by the Wildcard. So, if the Giants win as I mentioned before it will drop Philly to 5-4 with us but would put Philly in last place because of the head-to-head match-up.

Another game that I will have interest in will be GreenBay/Vikes. Even though they are tied in their division at 4-4 I rather see GB win because the Cowboys have the tie-breaker because of our eariler win against them. IMO, I think we match-up a little bit better against GB than the Vikes. Depends on how things work out I rather have GB come to Dallas than Dallas have to go to Minnisota if they end up with a better record than us at the end of the season. The Cowboys history in Minnisota is not very good.

Also, who ever loses will be in serious trouble. At 4-5, your pretty much done.

The other game that I will have strong interest in will be New Orleans and Atlanta. The Saints are 4-4 and need a win or they will be pretty much done. As for Atlanta, they been playing good football all year. Atlanta is at 5-3 thus far.

I would like to see New Orleans beat Atlanta. This would knock Atlanta to 5-4 with Dallas. New Orleans would move to 5-4 as well.

As for any tie-breakers the Cowboys would have the advantage right now over GB and Philly because of the head-to-head wins that the Cowboys have over them.

The other tie-breakers would go to N.O., Vikes and Atlanta because their conference records are better than the Cowboys, right now. Of the teams battling for a Wild-Card berth the Cowboys have the worst conference among Atlanta, GB, Philly and the Vikes(Cowboys have advantage,now over GB and Philly).

With that said, we are going to see if the Cowboys have the grape-fruits to go out in their second half of the season and make a run!

It's going to be an up-hill battle, to say the least, but one that isn't totally out of the question.

The Cowboys need to take care of their own business! Beat the Skins and move to 6-4! That will take the Skins to 6-4! A win will give the Cowboys some momentum. BTW, the Skins will still hold an advantage if we end in a tie with them because of the NFC conference record is better.

This weekend will be interesting! Come Monday night, the Cowboys will no doubt know where they stand. The will know if the battle is going to be extremely tough or a battle that maybe not as difficult if teams that need to lose end up losing!

So, Let's Go Giants, GB and New Orleans! And as always, Let's Go Cowboys! Get Healthy And Make A Run!

In the long run, it's better that the Eagles beat the Giants.

mkindred

Reaction score
Since Vikes/GB are tied, shouldn't you be routing for the Vikings because we DO hold a tie breaker against GB? Tie breaker means crap when they win the division.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Sorry, you don't play for second place. I want the Giants to lose so they can slowly slide down to earth and have the division even up some. We still have a matchup with both theams and can still hand them both emotionslly-defeating losses that may cause them to slide further after that. That's the "playing football" mentality that I favor over the "executing assignmrnts" or "playing the percentages" mentality.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
At this point, Dallas needs to be shooting for the wildcard, so I pretty much agree with this post.

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
I would rather see Atlanta beat NO.

Lets get NO out of the picture. Atlanta will fade down the stretch. They are of no concern to me even at 6-3

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Bullhockey! You NEVER play for second place. The Cowboys' mentality should be to go "undefeated", regardless if it is realistic or not, and hope in the meantime that the Ginats slide. We still have a whole half of a division to play. If this team is made of football players and not sissies then this will be their mentality. If instead they are sissies, indicative of a team simply trying for a wildcard, then they won't even get there, because this is how they go here in the first place.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2407078 said:
Bullhockey! You NEVER play for second place. The Cowboys' mentality should be to go "undefeated", regardless if it is realistic or not, and hope in the meantime that the Ginats slide. We still have a whole half of a division to play. If this team is made of football players and not sissies then this will be their mentality. If instead they are sissies, indicative of a team simply trying for a wildcard, then they won't even get there, because this is how they go here in the first place.
What does that have to do with the Giants and Eagles? One of them should worry that we should have the mentality to go undefeated? Whether the Cowboys can run the table or not, is irrelevant. They are better served with an Eagles loss.