I wonder if Jerry feels any shame for all the careers he's wasted

Zordon

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

To some extent - Dez, Frederick

Probably on the way - Tyron, Martin, Dak, Zeke, D-Law

Dude is just a graveyard for great players trying to win a chip. I wonder if he feels any shame as one by one they retire or leave w/out any hardware. What do you guys think?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Some of those players didnt want to win a chip first and foremost either. Majority of the names actually

Romo/Witten chose being bffs and Garrett over winning by running off TO and playing favorites.

Dez never tried to get better at the finer points of the game.

Zeke clearly doesnt care about winning after getting his bag. Same with Lawrence.

Id say Ware, Frederick and Zach/Tyron the only guys who really wanted to win without all the goofy extra stuff.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Romo, Witten, Ware, Lee

To some extent - Dez, Frederick

Probably on the way - Tyron, Martin, Dak, Zeke, D-Law

Dude is just a graveyard for great players trying to win a chip. I wonder if he feels any shame as one by one they retire or leave w/out any hardware. What do you guys think?

Tons of players dont win Super Bowls...not just here. All those guys were well compensated so it sucks that they didn't get a ring...but life goes on.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think shame might be too strong of a word. Just look back since our last Super Bowl. 25 years ago and only 12 teams have won Super Bowls since.

Even winning a super bowl once every quarter decade keeps jerry ahead of over half the league. Kinda crazy when you look at it that way.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
After Jerry reads the Forbes top Sports franchises billionaires list and he's on top.....NOPE!!

RS12

Reaction score
Jerry's ego is the size of Texas itself. Hard to see past or around it. Doubt much fazes him.

lkelly

Reaction score
In the owners' view, they pay many of these guys multi-generational money to play football and be part of the growing, profitable entertainment business. I'm sure the Pat Bowlen "This one's for John!" type sentiment creeps in there on occasion, but for the most part it's a salary structure for a collective of monopolies that make everyone wealthy. Of course many of the althetes piss away their fortunes but that's just part of human nature and a product of other factors.

I'm sure Jerry feels secure in the fact that he paid Romo over a hundred million dollars and then gave him an avenue to make close to $20 million a year talking about this entertainment business. We should all feel so "wasted."

;Jerry wants another ring primarily for his own vanity. Not enough to actually change the way the team operates of course, but that's also a product of his own vanity.

Nexx

Reaction score
He's already lamented that he couldn't help Romo win one.

Praxit

Reaction score
.....if you can keep a 8-8 coach for 10 yrs. You dont need the writing on the wall for this one. Bad Luck? Fate? Dumb and Dumber? Either way, if I'm Dak he might of signed his career away.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, he paid them more money than they would have ever made doing anything else. And those players chose a 2nd contract and two of them were going to hold out to get it.

He didn't waste their careers, their careers were/are as professional football players.

plasticman

Reaction score
He is comforted by all those lives whose career's and living standards he's enhanced....strippers, bartenders, his kids, old nothing-left free agents given an opportunity to steal a little of his money on their way out the door, etc.

Mannix

Reaction score
------Cool another bash Jerry thread we really needed one

Agreed...we sure do!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Some of those players didnt want to win a chip first and foremost either. Majority of the names actually

Romo/Witten chose being bffs and Garrett over winning by running off TO and playing favorites.

Dez never tried to get better at the finer points of the game.

Zeke clearly doesnt care about winning after getting his bag. Same with Lawrence.

Id say Ware, Frederick and Zach/Tyron the only guys who really wanted to win without all the goofy extra stuff.

This is incorrect.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
If anything, Jerry probably feels like those players owe HIM something for getting the opportunity to play for the star, the biggest brand in all of sports.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think there are many teams and team owners in the same boat as Jerry.

It's not like every team in the league has won a super bowl in the last 20 years.