Idea for games without fans

Hayseed

Reaction score
Three empty seats in all directions between fans. Or something close to that. I know, it sucks,....but its way better than having no fans at games.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Place cardboard cutouts in the empty seats,....sounds crazy but at least it wont look so odd to those watching at home. Real fan every 4th seat.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
How about just focus on the game and not worry about the empty stands. Stick with camera angles that don’t show the stands. Maybe the NFL will get smart and make up the revenue by making games available a la carte for like $4,99 so people can watch any game they want without buying every single game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You think they want to invest money into something for games where they will lose all ticket and concession revenue? It’s more likely they will want the networks to pony up for the lost revenue seeing that rating are sure to skyrocket for any real sports on tv. You think your idea would be free? They will want to make up the revenue. I ain’t paying to cheer into my iPad!
I tell ya, there’s a lot of really miserable people out there. I think it’s a great idea. By the way, it wouldn’t cost your sad *** a dime.

Reaction score
Have a number you can call in or a dedicated app and you can cheer from home as you watch the game. Then have all the noise/cheering from all the fans watching from home aggregated and pumped out on the telecast (or even the stadium for the players to hear).
They should also have a number to call to on the ref's fate, once there is a net negative 10,000 votes gorillas will be released and the refs beaten senseless.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the networks would be more apt to just put in noise themselves.
Cheer tracks. The sitcoms have an abundance of laugh tracks. I would volunteer to be that one guy that always seems to get a profanity through.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just do what Seattle does with their 12th man BS...pump in fake crowd noise....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not really interested in watching games without the fans. We’ve survived not having other sports. Not sure why we can’t survive a season without football ?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Wonder if the players will celebrate sacks and touchdowns? :huh:

ghst187

Reaction score
No fans is going to crush revenues.....would have to think it will start to impact the salary cap (taken for granted to rise each year) if it becomes a thing....
I mean how will owners pay players without $80 tickets and $9 beer?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No fans is going to crush revenues.....would have to think it will start to impact the salary cap (taken for granted to rise each year) if it becomes a thing....
I mean how will owners pay players without $80 tickets and $9 beer?
TV revenue is actually the biggest piece of the pie for players. Then ticket sales.

Other stadium revenue like concessions , parking , merchandise and stadium sponsorships are not shared revenue.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Have a number you can call in or a dedicated app and you can cheer from home as you watch the game. Then have all the noise/cheering from all the fans watching from home aggregated and pumped out on the telecast (or even the stadium for the players to hear).

Ya and they could fill the replay screens with smiley faces when the home team scores a touchdown too for the players. Why not show a video of the Cowboy cheerleaders doing the march onto the field for the players to. If crowd noise is that important every team has audio of it that they use to practice with when they know they are going to play loud hostile stadium. How nights sleep did you lose thinking up this @#$$%%^^& idea.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ya and they could fill the replay screens with smiley faces when the home team scores a touchdown too for the players. Why not show a video of the Cowboy cheerleaders doing the march onto the field for the players to. If crowd noise is that important every team has audio of it that they use to practice with when they know they are going to play loud hostile stadium. How nights sleep did you lose thinking up this @#$$%%^^& idea.
If we’re going to have cheerleaders then that could present some interesting ways to create some excitement without the fans. I can think of several routines and outfits that would generate interest.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It was a joke.

The NFL gets a set percentage from the networks. The amount of that percentage increases or decreases depending on ratings. Everyone knows this and that's why I made that joke. You did laugh out loud, right?

I don't know where you came up with this percentage idea, but it is TOTALLY wrong. The networks bid on a package for X amount of years based on how much they will pay for each season including preseason and playoffs. The total amount for those seasons are added up and when the contract is signed by the league, it is that amount that is made public. I have never heard or read ANYWHERE about the NFL contracts with the networks are percentage based.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If you want your hair blown back. Go look at Japan’s World Cup bid. Fully holographic experience from the comfort of home. And that was in 2016