Idea for NFL expansion to 40 Teams

csirl

Reaction score
NFC South is a better geographic fit for Dallas. Always thought we are at a big disadvantage having to travel long distances to a different climate to play divisional (supposedly 'local') games. Particularly since all our divisional rivals are a short drive from one another.

Pape

Reaction score
Arizona 1988?

The Cardinals are the oldest team in the League.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Rather than putting a team in Mexico City, I'd put a team in Toronto. I'd actually put the Chargers back in San Diego, and I'd put the Portland team in LA. Other than that, it's not a bad video.

Birdgang

Reaction score
There aren't enough quality players for the current 32 team format. Expansion makes no sense. The quality of play would go up if they dropped 4 teams.

People have said the same thing since the 60s when teams were getting added. Ive seen the argument go both ways a , and each has its merits. I think there is plenty of talent, just not enough roster spots for them. THe other reason is the CAP really prevents teams from having SUPER teams. THe insane Salaries hurt the talent on teams more than anything else.

The NFL needs fixing before they go adding more teams ... like the rules, refs ect ect . A division shake-up / fix would help as well. Its a shame to say this because I love the rivalry and games we have. But Dallas no way belongs in the NFCE .... It sucks for all teams involved, but Dallas does get the short end of the stick most because of it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The NFL needs fixing before they go adding more teams ... like the rules, refs ect ect . A division shake-up / fix would help as well. Its a shame to say this because I love the rivalry and games we have. But Dallas no way belongs in the NFCE .... It sucks for all teams involved, but Dallas does get the short end of the stick most because of it.

The last realignment Jerry was adamant about keeping the NFCE together.

nobody

Reaction score
More teams? HAHAHA.. There aren't enough NFL quality players for 32 teams, much less 40.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
People have said the same thing since the 60s when teams were getting added. Ive seen the argument go both ways a , and each has its merits. I think there is plenty of talent, just not enough roster spots for them

The thing is, if you "dilute" the talent, then the competition will even out for the most part, as it usually does. Sort of like in NHRA drag racing, until a few years ago the top 2 "fuel" classes ran the same 1/4 mile (1320 foot) track as everybody else, until the cars got so fast they became unduly dangerous, so they starting racing only 1000 feet. Some people cried that the racing would never be as exciting, but after a year or so nobody noticed, as the speeds at the end of the track got back up to about what they were in the old 1320 ft days, though the elapsed time to run the 1000 feet was less than before.

People get used to what they are seeing on the field, for the most part, and don't really remember the "good old days"...

csirl

Reaction score
More teams? HAHAHA.. There aren't enough NFL quality players for 32 teams, much less 40.

College football attracts big audiences and crowds even though the talent level is way below the NFL.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Ya think? It would be major news if the NFL was thinking of adding just 1 or 2 teams. Adding 8? That would be epic and no way it could happen because there are not enough players.

Oh, there's enough players to do this. But the talent level would get diluted.

But if Omaha gets a team, I know what I want it to be named. The Omaha Apemen. Has a nice ring, don't you think? Fans could dress up like apemen and carry clubs. It would be cool.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
NFC South is a better geographic fit for Dallas. Always thought we are at a big disadvantage having to travel long distances to a different climate to play divisional (supposedly 'local') games. Particularly since all our divisional rivals are a short drive from one another.
There always has been a very distinct stench to that mapped geographic division placement straight from the gate,,,& we used to have that " gateway to the west" scrub franchise that would skin us outta' our texican casing-liners up there in St.Louis as well ,,,er,,,Too!o_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Oh, there's enough players to do this. But the talent level would get diluted.

But if Omaha gets a team, I know what I want it to be named. The Omaha Apemen. Has a nice ring, don't you think? Fans could dress up like apemen and carry clubs. It would be cool.
Ya,& y'all could sport banana peel swim wear up in the stands in November & December HOME GAMES,,, er,,,cuz' ,,,well,,,yer' Apeman(harbouring an inherent fear of Charlton Heston no doubt, TOO!)

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, lets dilute the talent pool even further and destroy traditional division rivalries. This falls under the "solution looking for a problem" category.