If Cleveland called and offered Mayfield for Dak straight up

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
giphy.gif

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield is the most overrated player in the league.

Biggest problem with Mayfield is Cleveland has good skill players but no OL. Their blocking looks like trying to hold back water with a fish net. Next biggest problem is he was overhyped before he earned it, much like RG3.

To the original question, no. Mayfield's teammates would make that trade in a heartbeat and help him pack. I don't think he's well liked in the Browns locker room at all.

Swagger

Reaction score
No. Pretty much the same type of QB but Prescott is taller and less likely to get injured given his bigger body.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
What compensation is Cleveland sending along? Couple first round picks? Haha

Hadenough

Reaction score
If Cleveland called and offered Mayfield for Dak straight up how many of you would be for that?
Nope! I want a 6-5 QB that is the whole package. Can make throws with touch, velocity and accuracy. Can make all the throws from the route tree.

Hailmary

Reaction score
No to Mayfield for Dak. I'd be more inclined to resign Dak or go through the draft. Cleveland's not trading Mayfield anyway, they've invested so much and he's the face of the franchise.

How about this though.... OBJ for a first, a third and Connor Williams assuming Cooper's camp plays hard ball and can't come to an agreement on an extension.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Mayfield has weapons and is struggling with them. So, where's the guarantee that he would do better than what Dak is doing for the Cowboys right now?

Hadenough

Reaction score
No to Mayfield for Dak. I'd be more inclined to resign Dak or go through the draft. Cleveland's not trading Mayfield anyway, they've invested so much and he's the face of the franchise.

How about this though.... OBJ for a first, a third and Connor Williams assuming Cooper's camp plays hard ball and can't come to an agreement on an extension.
Absolutely not! OBJ is not that good, he has lived off his couple of circus catches he had against the Cowboys.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Why? What's Mayfield gonna do that Dak is cuurently doing (70.6% completions)?

If Mayfield thinks that he is facing too much heat and unfair questions by the media and reporters while being a QB of the Browns, imagine what he would face while being the QB for the Cowboys and the amount of criticism and scrutiny that comes with being a QB on the Cowboys while they have lost a game or go on a losing streak.

Being a QB is more than about talent, it's about whether or not a QB can compose himself when facing criticism, especially playing for a team like the Cowboys.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Not a chance without a couple of high draft picks included with Mayfield..........Mayfield is light years behind Dak.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score

"I am Mr. Rourke, your host, and welcome to Fantasy Island."

Scotman

Reaction score
When I first watched Mayfield's "Home" series of commercials, I probably would have taken him. But after Prescott's Game Day Ready 7-11 commercial, I think it's clear Dak is the better QB.