If Cleveland called and offered Mayfield for Dak straight up

RodeoJake

Reaction score
No to Mayfield for Dak. I'd be more inclined to resign Dak or go through the draft. Cleveland's not trading Mayfield anyway, they've invested so much and he's the face of the franchise.

How about this though.... OBJ for a first, a third and Connor Williams assuming Cooper's camp plays hard ball and can't come to an agreement on an extension.

No way on OBJ, unless Cleveland gives us picks to take him.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
giphy.gif

LLLOOOLLL

shabazz

Reaction score
After our loss to the Jets, there was probably a thread on the Carolina Panthers Forum titled, " If Dallas called and offered Dak Prescott for Kyle Allen straight up", their fans would have said the same thing. Hell no. Funny, funny thread. Maybe next week we can start another thread titled, " If Jacksonville called and offered........"

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m a little bit surprised that no one other than @Risen Star suggested that might be a good trade. I think before this season started that a good 1/3 of this board would have been “on board” with this trade and would have said why would Cleveland do this. Interesting what 7 game sample size does to change perceptions.

For the record, I wouldn’t do the deal either. But if Mayfield continues his spiral I would love to have him here as Dak’s backup. Not only is Mayfield’s OL an epic fail, his coach is completely misusing all that skill position talent of epic proportions.

With Mayfield’s personality that could get ugly in a hurry because he’s not one to just take his beating and roll on.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny what a difference half a year makes.

kskboys

Reaction score
Funny what a difference half a year makes.
No matter how much you warn people to not fall for flashes(players w/o enough play to truly judge) they still fall for them. See Aaron Jones thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mayfield is stuck in a really bad offensive design. Kitchens is terrible. The Browns need to do what the Raven did for Lamar Jackson. They need to design an offense that fits their QBs skillset.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holy Larry, someone wants OBJ? Amazing. Dude is simply not good for a team.

Mayfield is looking too hard for him. OBJ brings with him a lot of pressure on the QB to get him the ball. It reminds me a little of Romo and Dez Bryant. How many hits did Romo take waiting on Dez to get open?