If Cowboys beat Rams will you cheer for a playoff run?

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Right now alot of us are hoping the team loses out since we don’t see any hope of the switch coming on that allows them to play to their talent level.

However let’s say they win in convincing fashion vs one of the hottest teams in the league on Sunday. Would that suck you back in to hoping for a deep run?

Now that would require the D to stand up and stop someone so it’s not likely but if the offense scored 40 which it’s capable of, maybe they could go on a run.

So many people bet on the Rams as underdogs (+3) against the Cowboys that the line is now even

Odds for a given NFL week generally come out before the previous week’s Sunday night game. Such was the case this past Sunday when our friends at BetOnline announced that the Dallas Cowboys were favored by three points for their Week 15 game against the Los Angeles Rams. Hours later the Rams took care of the Seattle Seahawks on national television.

If you took one look at Twitter you likely saw one of the many people saying some derivative of “HOW?!” because, well, it’s ridiculous to think that the Cowboys should be favored at all over the Rams. For what it’s worth, Dallas is the home team which is generally an automatic three-point advantage so oddsmakers seemingly thought that the two teams would be even on a neutral field. That has changed.
https://twitter.com/rjochoa/status/1203830523266625536
The Dallas Cowboys have opened as three-point favorites for their Week 15 matchup against the Los Angeles Rams, per @betonline_ag.

Yes, really.

Rams backers (and Cowboys fans) hammered this line so hard that our oddsmaker has now made the game a pick’em

Money still coming in on Los Angeles

https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1204171889905528833
So many people took the Rams as three-point underdogs that oddsmakers have shifted this to a pick ‘em. That many people were shocked at all of the free money that they could get this Sunday.

We’ll see if the Cowboys are able to prove them wrong.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...against-the-cowboys-that-the-line-is-now-even

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The Rams are the defending NFC Champions. Even at their current level it would take our team to be 100% healthy, have an excellent game plan and be motivated internally and externally, then it would take a few freak mistakes by the Rams to spot us a lead... then maybe, just maybe our sorry *** team would pull out a win.

But the team we have right now.... expect to be embarrassed as a fan. I suggest to watch the game in the basement with the doors locked. I want no part of the embarrassment and jokes coming our way.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Bro the rams are my wife's team , i was in L.A with her and I was I dallas with her before that. I can't fake another loss and stay married! If we lose i will need a good divorce lawyer cause I'm in California :(

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YA predicted this got +2 before the Rams vs Seattle game was over.....

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
There is no evidence to suggest that we have any sort of chance to win...the Rams are getting hot at the right time, we are showing no signs of life of doing so. Nobody is coming back from injury, they have nobody of significance missing. There is nothing to build on that suggests otherwise

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
As a fan that's what I do. So if we can hypothetically think that a deep playoff run is in the picture, why not. But I will take it a step further.
The Cowboys win the Superbowl.
Jason Garrett is fired.
New coach has control of his staff.
Dak & Cooper accept low-ball contract offers.
These are the things that I will be cheering for, as I see it they are in the best interest of the Cowboys.:flagwave:

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For me to believe we can have a playoff run we have to win out. Otherwise if we make it in it'll be short lived.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Right now alot of us are hoping the team loses out since we don’t see any hope of the switch coming on that allows them to play to their talent level.

However let’s say they win in convincing fashion vs one of the hottest teams in the league on Sunday. Would that suck you back in to hoping for a deep run?

Now that would require the D to stand up and stop someone so it’s not likely but if the offense scored 40 which it’s capable of, maybe they could go on a run.

I will cheer for them regardless

TwelfthStar

Reaction score
Never underestimate how much Jerry loves Garrett.
If we repeat as NFC East champions, this gives him the "he finally won back-to-back titles" excuse, among others (won it in 3/4 years, and 4/6 years).

Praxit

Reaction score
..the big IF, they pull it off. That means at least there's life somewhere. Will it be enough?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
The only game that matters is @ Philly. We could lose 59-0 to the Rams and it won’t change a thing.

InTheZone

Reaction score
this team would be in a much better position losing out. And then we can add the worst flop in franchise history to Dak's never ending list of accolades.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I say draft nothing but defensive players

at least TRY and make one side of the ball elite

I think the offense could be slightly above average with short fields as it is currently constructed
other than QB and LG who else do we need on offense to make it elite? Our offense is about as primed for elite level play as any other team.

Praxit

Reaction score
this team would be in a much better position losing out. And then we can add the worst flop in franchise history to Dak's never ending list of accolades.
..I have to concur with this. Shut it down, blow it up. It was an embarrassing season. Let Dak and Coop settle contract deals. Draft a dang safety this time.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
other than QB and LG who else do we need on offense to make it elite? Our offense is about as primed for elite level play as any other team.
The offense isn’t getting any juice from defense,ST, or coaching. It’s hard for them right now. I feel like units feed off each other so the last two weeks the offense came out put up 7 and the defense just laid down. We have 1 decent/good unit and 3 really bad ones.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Id honestly draft a receiver and let Cooper go

Use the money for defensive free agents

aria

Reaction score
I’m sure not as hell hoping we lose out whether we beat the Rams or not. We lost to two SB contenders by a total of 5 points, I’ll be pulling for this team until they are officially out of the playoffs.