If Cowboys get Dak signed low enough maybe Bengals would do some trading?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You're the one who responds to my post, sourpuss. Dak is Smith Jr? What a joke. Keep sounding so badly misinformed. Your misery is laughable but entertaining. 2 + 2 = ???
Yeah tell me something I didn't know this time sir. If sourpuss makes you feel better ok. Dak is Smith jr. Glad you're keeping up now and no its not a joke but I understand you need a hero to worship so my take on Dak isn't flattering to you. I will keep sounding thoroughly informed thank you. Just because you say I'm miserable doesn't make it so sir. You have to have proof of your claims and disliking average qb's doesn't equate to being miserable sir. Get it together. For the last question the answer is average because 2+2=4 which is our QB who super duper average

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah tell me something I didn't know this time sir. If sourpuss makes you feel better ok. Dak is Smith jr. Glad you're keeping up now and no its not a joke but I understand you need a hero to worship so my take on Dak isn't flattering to you. I will keep sounding thoroughly informed thank you. Just because you say I'm miserable doesn't make it so sir. You have to have proof of your claims and disliking average qb's doesn't equate to being miserable sir. Get it together. For the last question the answer is average because 2+2=4 which is our QB who super duper average
What's your goal in here? Just to complain? Need attention? What is it?

sean10mm

Reaction score
I sure would be thrilled to see Joe Burrow lead the next generation of Cowboys under McCarthy.
Perhaps the Bengals would give up their number one pick if Dak was under contract for 4 or 5 years.
The Cowboys could get Burrow and under his rookie deal would save millions of dollars.
I just can't see why Jerry and Stephen wouldn't be trying to sell this package to the Bengals, unless they are absolutely not interested in Dak.

If Dak sucks nobody trades for him.

If Dak doesn't suck the Cowboys will want to keep him.

I get disagreeing on if Dak is good or not, but they can't both be true so teams give infinite draft value to a bum we need to run out of town.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I would add that the big way the Bengals suck is by being super cheap about everything from players and coaches down to the brand of toilet paper they stock the locker room crapper with. They're not making a boom or bust deal for anybody.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What's your goal in here? Just to complain? Need attention? What is it?
What’s your goal? I gave you a suggestion because of your whining but you try to turn it on me. Stop it sir you’re not making sense and anybody who sees the thread can see how this started so your lies don’t fly.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Wait a minute?

Teams arent lining up to take our problems off our hands and give up premium draft picks for the privelege?

The crazy part is this isnt even the nuttiest thread on this board right now.

People have been stuck home way too long.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem with trading is someone has to want our guy. No one is giving up a high pick for him. Its too bad they don't transition tag him to prove this.
No team would give up the # overall pick for anything less than one of the top 2-3 QBs in the NFL, so it's nonsense to act as if it's an indictment of Dak that the Bengals wouldn't make the trade.

What's sad is, you could be credible and not think Dak is the right guy, but taking the extreme position that no team would want Dak throws any chance at credibility out the window.

A player isn't only at one extreme or the other - a guy other teams would give up the farm for or one nobody wants. There are a ton of levels in between, and to refuse to acknowledge that shows an unwillingness to have a rational discussion. Or inability.

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think if an NFL team signs a player with a signing bonus (which is pro-rated over the contract salary cap wise initially) and then trades him immediately after, the full signing bonus would accelerate to be due now, though a team could split it over the next season by designating it a post-June 1st transaction.

Not to mention, if the Cowboys pulled something like that, I can imagine every future player agent they deal with would demand a no-trade clause at least for the first 1-2 seasons if not the entire contract.

Possible to sign and trade if Dak likes the deal. Otherwise, I don't see a team wanting an unhappy franchise QB.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just stop, please. Dak isn't getting traded to Cincinnati for their #1 overall pick.

I have a better chance of hooking up with Kate Beckinsale than this scenario happening.

Flamma

Reaction score
I sure would be thrilled to see Joe Burrow lead the next generation of Cowboys under McCarthy.
Perhaps the Bengals would give up their number one pick if Dak was under contract for 4 or 5 years.
The Cowboys could get Burrow and under his rookie deal would save millions of dollars.
I just can't see why Jerry and Stephen wouldn't be trying to sell this package to the Bengals, unless they are absolutely not interested in Dak.

Yeah, sounds great. I'm not seeing a reason the Bengals go for this. Do they have the dumbest GM/owner in the league?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No team would give up the # overall pick for anything less than one of the top 2-3 QBs in the NFL, so it's nonsense to act as if it's an indictment of Dak that the Bengals wouldn't make the trade.

What's sad is, you could be credible and not think Dak is the right guy, but taking the extreme position that no team would want Dak throws any chance at credibility out the window.

A player isn't only at one extreme or the other - a guy other teams would give up the farm for or one nobody wants. There are a ton of levels in between, and to refuse to acknowledge that shows an unwillingness to have a rational discussion. Or inability.

I do not think anyone trades a 1st for him but if he was a free agent he would be signed. And you are correct he is in the group of many not worth a 1st round pick. I never said he's alone only he's not getting that if he was to be offered up. It's also not up to me to prove so just my opinion, while clearly the Jones think otherwise.

starfan1

Reaction score
Wait a minute?

Teams arent lining up to take our problems off our hands and give up premium draft picks for the privelege?

The crazy part is this isnt even the nuttiest thread on this board right now.

People have been stuck home way too long.
Has nothing to do with bn stuck at home. This stupidity has been going on longer than covid-19

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's clearly trolling. Read how he attacked Dak supporters just like you just did as well. You little heartbroken constant complainers are a joke. The Cowboys love Dak for good reason. Dak is going to be in Dallas for a very long time whether you like it or not.

They love him sooooo much he got tagged....lol...

cowboyed

Reaction score
They love him sooooo much he got tagged....lol...

It protects the team from losing a valuable asset and buys time to negotiate. Mike McCarthy has plans for Dak and it's not to get rid of him.

John813

Reaction score
This is peak trolling. Completely nonsensical premise. As Reality posted on page one, the Cowboys will be forced to eat his signing bonus right after they sign him.

If any trade were to be had with Dak, you don't sign him to a long term deal and then trade him. This isn't the NBA, NHL or MLB. He signs the tag and then you trade him.

Besides, the asking price for the 1OA will be stupid this year, considering teams like Miami, with 5 first rounders in 2020 and 2021, are rumored to be thinking about moving up.