If Cowboys lose tomorrow night Jerry should follow Panthers path

glimmerman

Reaction score
"Second biggest mistake."

Jimmy-Johnson_727x727-480x480.jpg
Could have had 5 rings in a row..

Aven8

Reaction score
It will take JG at least the rest of the season to clean out his office. All those trophies to pack and all........

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously you have misunderstood my support of Garrett. Which was predicated on the notion there weren’t other viable puppet options.

But once it appears the lines have been drawn I’m ready to move on. I don’t believe him staying as a Lame Duck coach is what’s best for Cowboys Football. It’s become too toxic environment.
Your stance has always been made in shades of grey. I have always understood it since you do account for how Jerry Jones factors into the reality equation a good bit but you should understand how some people see only in black-and-white.

Creeper

Reaction score
While I get the sentiment that Garrett should be fired immediately if they lose tomorrow, let's consider the facts. We're hearing how angry the Cowboys are after losing to Buffalo. If they lose with all that anger and emotion why does anyone think that a new HC would be able to get any more out of them than what they should be bringing on the field tomorrow night? If they lose to Chicago, we will have to face the reality that the players on the field are just not that good. We've already seen a lot of evidence of this. We see an offensive line that just is not as strong as we thought they would be. We see a RB who has lost a step, or something. We see a defensive line that is weak in the middle, linebackers who miss tackles or avoid contact, and DBs who don't turn and look for the football, hence, they don't produce turnovers. We have a kicker who is not dependable from 30 yards out. We have special teams players who can seem to block for a return without holding or blocking in the back or they make some other bad mistake to hurt the team. This is a season long thing, btw. Specials teams have sucked all year.

And even if they are fired up out of their minds for this game and manage to pull out a victory, how do they sustain that level of emotion for the next 3 games? I am concerned the problems are bigger and more systemic that a charged up locker room. I am afraid the Cowboys had a window of opportunity and they ruined this team and made them soft. They need an injection of new talent and a padlock to keep Jerry Jones away from his own team. Jerry is the disease that infects the Dallas Cowboys.

CPanther95

Reaction score
If Urban Meyer is really interested in the job and wants to get the ball rolling, all he has to do is take a quick family trip to Charlotte this week.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this season was already doomed from the start u don't have a lame duck coach and garrett should of been gone after 2015 this team this year is just like all of garretts teams have been while he has been here not so special teams and a a average defense and really good offense most of the time after nine years one way or the other unless u are bill bellicheat its time to move on

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He won’t do it till we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and the egirls are worse than us. I was giving JG a chance (because we have no choice) but was done after Thanksgiving. Maybe a interim HC like Richard may help, but could sent a early message to the team that the FO has given up on the season.

Maybe Jerry doesn't have a choice but to let it play out with Garrett. It's possible they approached a couple of coaches about replacing Garrett and got a flat rejection. Think about it, coaches are a close-knit group. Jerry's been calling out lately and quite frankly there's nothing to gain from replacing Garrett this late if you're assistance coach. In other words, Jerry may have burned the bridge for any assistance replacing Garrett.

BTW....just me but sure appears Garrett has already checked out and can't wait for the season to end. Hell, go back a watch his last couple pressers and tell me if he sounds like a coach with the playoff on the table trying to motivate/fire up his troops after a couple of tough losses.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
If we win out and make the SB then he will stay.

Which would be the biggest mistake JJ could ever make.
A snowball has a better chance of rolling through hell unscathed then this bunch sniffing a playoff win, much less a SB...I'm one of those that has screamed to FIRE Garrett's butt for years now...and just incase no one has noticed, clapper AKA the lapper has lost this team. I said something about the game , thinking the Jets, where the players waltzed past him attempting to high 5 and jackass around.... I was told I was "imagining" what I wanted it to be.... yeah well welcome to my nightmare...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Even if he fires Garrett now, who's his replacement? It's possible none of the current on-staff coaches are interested.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This.

He'll Just let Garrett walk at the end of the season that way he wont have to admit he was wrong. It will just be a, "mutual parting of ways."
I believe this is as close to how Jones will self-justify his decision as any other. People should prepare for his defense of retaining Garrett AFTER the fact. Yes, Jones will likely say "I could have done things differently" but he will counter with "things may have worked if such and such happened".

Jones will never remain permanently silent and not defend his 'knowledge' of how to achieve championship level football. His personality will not accept outside judgment without countering he was right in his assessment despite the actual results.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if he fires Garrett now, who's his replacement? It's possible none of the current on-staff coaches are interested.
Some people keep throwing out Richard's name but Jones could self-justify naming one of his coordinators as interim head coach because it is only temporary. Personally, I do not see Jones naming Marrinelli, which leaves...

visionary

Reaction score
Obviously you have misunderstood my support of Garrett. Which was predicated on the notion there weren’t other viable puppet options.

But once it appears the lines have been drawn I’m ready to move on. I don’t believe him staying as a Lame Duck coach is what’s best for Cowboys Football. It’s become too toxic environment.

Predicted on silly excuse making and blindness

it has been obvious for years that Garrett is trash and you guys continued to support him

can’t get rid of that stench now, sorry

visionary

Reaction score
Some people keep throwing out Richard's name but Jones could self-justify naming one of his coordinators as interim head coach because it is only temporary. Personally, I do not see Jones naming Marrinelli, which leaves...

Coach Jerry

:oldcouple:

Can’t be much worse than the Garrett clown show

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coach Jerry

:oldcouple:

Can’t be much worse than the Garrett clown show
That is sarcasm talking. A coach will get the interim label if Garrett gets canned. Whether Kellen Moore does or does not get that label will help me understand what Jones really thinks of his second coaching prodigy after Garrett. "Actual pre-head coaching experience be damned" could have been a real Jones quote over a decade ago.

shabazz

Reaction score
If we lose again tomorrow nite it will appear to look like the team has given up on its Lame Duck coach.

Making a move then would be more of an effort to save the season.

Not removing Garrett then would look more like the FO has given up in the season.

or it simply means that we lose to another defenses not in the bottom 15 of the league. We've been damn well consistent at that.