If Cowboys lose tomorrow night Jerry should follow Panthers path

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This assumes you've already decided that the blame all falls on the HC and just dropping in an interim one rights the ship. What if the captain isn't the only problem, what if it's the crew?

This overvaluation of talent on this team is remarkable. I don't care for Garrett as the HC but I do not think he's the one keeping them from accomplishing more. He's one guy and not calling plays on the O or the D or running ST.

If someone were to tell me that these players will play not only harder but better for another HC, I would tell you that you need different players. That's a load of BS, they're professionals and paid to play.

You know what needs to happen? Call a GM and players only meeting and have that clown do his job. If that were me, I'd tell every player on that team that their performances will be reviewed and their status with the team evaluated as well. Playing hard is expected, playing smart is required or they will get their walking papers before the end of the season and the media and fans can draw their own conclusions. Booger is a bad GM because he wants to play the good cop role with the players. He could use a page out of Schramm's book on that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This assumes you've already decided that the blame all falls on the HC and just dropping in an interim one rights the ship. What if the captain isn't the only problem, what if it's the crew?

This overvaluation of talent on this team is remarkable. I don't care for Garrett as the HC but I do not think he's the one keeping them from accomplishing more. He's one guy and not calling plays on the O or the D or running ST.

If someone were to tell me that these players will play not only harder but better for another HC, I would tell you that you need different players. That's a load of BS, they're professionals and paid to play.

You know what needs to happen? Call a GM and players only meeting and have that clown do his job. If that were me, I'd tell every player on that team that their performances will be reviewed and their status with the team evaluated as well. Playing hard is expected, playing smart is required or they will get their walking papers before the end of the season and the media and fans can draw their own conclusions. Booger is a bad GM because he wants to play the good cop role with the players. He could use a page out of Schramm's book on that.
And why Troy is spot on. I’m not sure why all fans can’t handle the truth.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And they can’t interview any of the asst coaches until their teams season is finished which for SF could be in February.

Well wasnt richards interviewing before our rams game last year?? I remember people here complaining
about that.

cml750

Reaction score
It’s amusing to me that there is momentum to fire Garrett but they don’t want it now? Lol
The people who do not want him fired now do not want to see Jerry make the same mistake twice if the interim coach goes on a run. I am personally on board for firing him ASAP. Promote Marinelli who has zero chance of getting the job permanently. If he promoted Richards or Moore and they win out then Jerry would likely end up making it permanent. Now I m sure either one would be an upgrade to the current mistake stalking the sidelines but I doubt either is ready to take on the role permanently.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny.

Scenario A: Bears win. Garrett gets fired. Some people yell, "FINALLY!"

Scenario B: Bears lose. Garrett keeps clapping. Other people say, "Not surprising."

Scenario C: Bears lose. Jones cries while kicking Garrett to the curb. Everyone mutters, "What the hell just happened?"

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He won’t do it till we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and the egirls are worse than us. I was giving JG a chance (because we have no choice) but was done after Thanksgiving. Maybe a interim HC like Richard may help, but could sent a early message to the team that the FO has given up on the season.
We need to get rid of Richard...he is the problem. Our defense has been junk ever since he took over.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We need to get rid of Richard...he is the problem. Our defense has been junk ever since he took over.
The staff on that side of the ball may be wiped. I think Richard and Marinelli maybe sharing the position. There can be only one.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
By firing their HC now to give life and spark the team.

Tough decision made by Panthers owner over a former SB coach and NFL coach of the year.

But as owner you’re always looking for that spark once you sense the coaches fate after the season.

Don’t bank on it. I made a GORDITO lock prediction last week that if we lost to the Bills that Garrett would be gone.

Wapp5200

Reaction score
Jerry is delusional. Tepper is TBD, but he had no attachments to Riviera like Jerry does to Jason.
Jason is just a puppet. We need some new blood in the coaching department. Enough is enough.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great post. I like the meeting idea. But Coach, Jerry doesn’t have time to be GM or do GM stuff. He’s too busy setting up boxing matches, tractors pulls and big name concerts for the “stayjum”. Or selecting better hot dog buns, arranging new sponsors, doing radio shows, and generally being the face of the franchise.

“Playing GM” with no accountability is so much more fun than actually being a real NFL GM.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The staff on that side of the ball may be wiped. I think Richard and Marinelli maybe sharing the position. There can be only one.

Once Richard took over last season...he moved LVE out of the middle and stuck his boy Jaylon in there. We haven't been able to stop the run since. Our DBs are horrible in coverage because they are taught horrible techniques. No one can find the football to make a INT.....we play so far off the ball in our zone coverage....it's just basically giving teams free first downs. Marinelli coaches up the front 7...Richard the secondary...and neither know what the other is doing....It's a complete mess. I guess this is what you get when you have a lack of leadership in the building....and there is no accountability. :rolleyes:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I’m not sure why we’d follow or support Jerry’s rhetoric?

And yes I’d agree he’s looking for ways to keep him but it’s a winless battle. Jerry can’t save Jason. He’s already damaged that opportunity. I believe beyond repair.

How exactly did Jerry damage anything beyond repair?

Its Jerry's fault Garrett cant beat anybody over .500 and makes bone head game decisions?

It sounds like you are trying to make Garrett out to be a victum here, and I dont get that. Garrett is where he is because of himself, not Jerry.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Funny.

Scenario A: Bears win. Garrett gets fired. Some people yell, "FINALLY!"

Scenario B: Bears lose. Garrett keeps clapping. Other people say, "Not surprising."

Scenario C: Bears lose. Jones cries while kicking Garrett to the curb. Everyone mutters, "What the hell just happened?"

The measuring stick game was the Pats, not the sorry arse Bears.

This team failed the test and that is why Jerry went nuclear on the coaching staff.

What happens tomorrow in Chicago means jack, win or lose.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Great post. I like the meeting idea. But Coach, Jerry doesn’t have time to be GM or do GM stuff. He’s too busy setting up boxing matches, tractors pulls and big name concerts for the “stayjum”. Or selecting better hot dog buns, arranging new sponsors, doing radio shows, and generally being the face of the franchise.

“Playing GM” with no accountability is so much more fun than actually being a real NFL GM.
Right

Besides he’s already admitted he’d of fired himself but doesn’t care.

I’m not sure why we still take this franchise serious anymore? Lol