Twitter: If Dak can do this on his injured leg in 2021

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Big props on the music, so much better than rap:laugh:
I was disappointed, lad, that a tipped ball in slow motion with tinkly piano music was not included.
nfl-1960_new-york-giants-mel-triplett_st.-louis-cardinals.jpg

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
...Dak should be good to go/play for the Cowboys for the upcoming 2021 season.

Regardless of the contract situation (whether Dak plays on a 2nd tag or actually agrees to a longterm contract extension), if Dak can move around in the pocket and be able to play on his leg without it affecting his years-long improved passing (as shown on the film above ^^^), Dak should be good to go to lead the Dallas Cowboys once again without much worry (as long as he's not out there trying to run downfield or try to muscle his way into the endzone at a crowded goal line).

What say you?

This has to be edited because I heard on here that Dak can't throw from the pocket. He can't step up, read defenses or move around the pocket cause he doesn't have pocket awareness......

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You could do a variation on a thread. for instance, young steward, What Kind of Tree Would Dak Be? Or, What Kind of Nightlife Suits Dak? N.Y. vibe or Southern Beach Culture.?

A poll would be nice. Nicer than tea with boysenberry scones:

Dak's injury is healed
1. 25% or less
2. 50%
3. 75%
4. 100%
5. 110! (Hail yeah, man, we are practically in the Super Bowl!)

Hollah,
:laugh:

There definitely is one of two things going on with you, Gimme...

1) 100% section 8
or
2) some kind of psychotic genius

:omg::eek::D:p:cool:

Motorola

Reaction score
I badly want to start my own Dak thread. But it’s all been done hundreds of time. Somebody help me out..
Just start it out on another Cowboys topic...say, what you expect CeeDee Lamb to accomplish during his 2nd season, or what HC McCarthy and OC can improve on working together.
A pro-Dak or anti-Dak zoner will post their comment - be it subtle or obvious; then the opposite side will counter; they will go at; others will chime in, and behold --- your creation exists and flourishes.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If any QB can have those weapons amd that kind of protection in 2021...

Creeper

Reaction score
Ugh! The dreaded highlight reel.

Anyone who says "pay Dak a ton of money" please sit down. Or, please define "a ton". In literal terms a dollar bill weighs 1 gram so a ton of money in dollar bills is about $908,000. I would pay Dak that much money, probably more. In $100 bills that would be $90 million and I think we all agree that is too much. $50 bills would be about $45 million a year. Should we pay him in $50 bills? I don't think so. Anyone think Dak is worth $45 million a year?

To me, $35 million over 5 years is tons, plural, of money. That's what Dallas supposedly offered already. Dak turned down tons of money apparently for the possibility of making tons more in the future.

I like Dak. He is a good QB, maybe top 10, but for every dollar he is overpaid, that is $1 that someone else cannot get. There is a budget and it is not the depth of Jerry's pockets. It's the salary CAP. I want to pay Dak too. But I do not want to overpay Dak by a "ton of money". People think Jerry is unwilling to cough up a ton of money but fail to acknowledge Dak may be turning down a ton of money already. Perhaps the amount you have in your head has been offered and Dak rejected it? So then the question is, if Jerry offers Dak a ton as you define it and Dak says "no", what do you do? Do you keep adding $50s to the top of the pile until Dak says yes? Is there no limit to what you would pay him?

Saying, "just pay him" is not an answer. If you know precisely what Dak wants, then let us know and we can argue whether it is a fair price for his performance. For me, I would not exceed $35 million unless Dak is willing to sign a 6 year deal. Then I would offer him $37 million or a little more. But for 3 or 4 years knowing we are back at this again in 2024, I think I offer him what I think he is worth now and that is no more than $35 million. If he wants to go at this again in 2024 then he has 3 years to prove he is worth more by showing he is better than some of the QBs in front of him now. And in the meantime, he will still be making tons of money.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's my fervent hope that Dak signs a contract that's best for both parties. It'll likely require some give and take for all concerned, though.:thumbup:

I respect Dak and do believe his ability is sound enough to produce a successful season if the team is able to improve the defense substantially.

It will likely require some ingenuity for the FO and Dak to arrive at an acceptable deal for both to agree to terms. I'm surely hoping that happens.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's my fervent hope that Dak signs a contract that's best for both parties. It'll likely require some give and take for all concerned, though.:thumbup:

I respect Dak and do believe his ability is sound enough to produce a successful season if the team is able to improve the defense substantially.

It will likely require some ingenuity for the FO and Dak to arrive at an acceptable deal for both to agree to terms. I'm surely hoping that happens.
Same here, BF! I hear you loud and clear. :thumbup: