If Dak gets tagged will there be any team that offers up two 1st round picks?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'd take it too, and run! And then I'd sign Brady, Brees, or Rivers to hold the fort while I used that draft bounty to find their eventual successor, possibly winning a Super Bowl in the meantime.
Bingo. I didn't totally lose my mind. Were you worried? lol

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Pay Dak or Tag and Keep or Tag and Reel in two first round picks? I see a max of 12 teams that would be potential candidates for making a move. Just throwing out "what ifs" here. The day we're allowed to tag Dak:

-How soon will a team make an offer? Immediately, within the first week, during the draft, etc.

-If a team makes an offer would you match or decline? If the Panthers, Bengals, Bears, Bucs, or whoever offer up their first round picks do you brush it off or jump on it? If you decline, why?

Be honest and disregard whatever the Cowboys might do to keep you from answering.

No thanks. Franchise QB's are really hard to find. Dak continues to progress in the right direction. He's a top ten QB IMO

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wishful thinking but I don't think even the Bengals are dumb enough to pass up that opportunity.

Yea, they can’t be that dumb can they? I bet Jerry could sweet talk them into waiting for Lawrence though....

MaaS

Reaction score
I doubt it, But, if I were Dallas, I would match unless their offer to Dak was just ridiculous.

A draft pick is just a different human. What if one is a bust? Then it's just a straight-up trade of Dak and some cap space for another player.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Bingo. I didn't totally lose my mind. Were you worried? lol

I'd grab Cam. Even if he has some after effects of injuries. For $21 million he gives you the chance to win now, and develop a younger QB in the meantime.

I'm not a fan of his style, but he brings some flair to the press conferences.

UncleRico

Reaction score
Pay Dak or Tag and Keep or Tag and Reel in two first round picks? I see a max of 12 teams that would be potential candidates for making a move. Just throwing out "what ifs" here. The day we're allowed to tag Dak:

-How soon will a team make an offer? Immediately, within the first week, during the draft, etc.

-If a team makes an offer would you match or decline? If the Panthers, Bengals, Bears, Bucs, or whoever offer up their first round picks do you brush it off or jump on it? If you decline, why?

Be honest and disregard whatever the Cowboys might do to keep you from answering.

Yes, someone would give up 2 firsts for a guaranteed top 6-10 franchise QB with exceptional leadership and work ethic.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is unknown what other teams in the market for a QB think about Prescott. However, smart people, most of the time, try and talk themselves out of doing something risky, not into it and any team with a GM answering to an owner would be apprehensive.

If you were a GM, would you not consider what Prescott looks like when Elliott and/or Cooper are not on the field and do you have one or the other? Is he worth two 1sts that you will not have to address other parts of your team?

The wild card in all of this is Miami, they have 3 1st rounders and could keep that 5th pick and trade the other 2 but then there's the reason the Cowboys would be willing to talk trade, his salary demands. The Cowboys, that do not have another option at QB, are tagging him because they can't come to terms.

The wildest card is that Miami could give those later 1st round picks up and still use that 5th on Tua and let him sit for most of 2020 but showcase him a little at the end of the season and have two options and some real trade bait. If he looks anything like the second coming of Mahomes, what do you think they could get for him?