If Dak hits open market this year, does anyone think he would get 40m+ per year?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's such an interesting question.

I do think a team would pay that. I don't know who but I do think it's possible.

What I don't think is possible is a team to trade two 1's for him and then turn around and pay him. I think Dak get's a similar offer to Wentz. Maybe Dak gets a guaranteed 1 instead of a conditional 1 and a 2nd or 3rd. You just have to pay him too much money to give up picks and cap space for a player who is horrendous value.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If Dak were to hit the open market this year, does anyone think he would get 40+ MM / year? I'm not sure other teams are that high on him
I don't see how a team could spend 2 first and pay 40 mill for a guy unless they were on the brink with their current team and had the cap space to pay the guy.

Washington could be that team with their defense.

Otherwise if I am using a couple 1st's, I am going after a young cheap draft pick like Lawrence or Wilson

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I cannot comprehend how people have this and nothing else on their mind.

Because our future depends on it.

It’s a National sports story.. I had friends text me yesterday who are pro Dak tell me that they now see where I’m coming from in regards to paying Dak. Even Nationally the Dak ball’d out people are starting to be like he ain’t worth this.

kskboys

Reaction score
Because our future depends on it.

It’s a National sports story.. I had friends text me yesterday who are pro Dak tell me that they now see where I’m coming from in regards to paying Dak. Even Nationally the Dak ball’d out people are starting to be like he ain’t worth this.
I've got a decent sized sports crowd myself, and not even one of them thinks Dak should be paid 40ish.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't see how a team could spend 2 first and pay 40 mill for a guy unless they were on the brink with their current team and had the cap space to pay the guy.

Washington could be that team with their defense.

Otherwise if I am using a couple 1st's, I am going after a young cheap draft pick like Lawrence or Wilson
Indy, San Fran, New England, Denver. They'd all do that in a second.

Love the myth of Washington having a good defense popping in to say hello again.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Seriously, fans ask the wrong question, “Is he worth that much?”

The market for starting QBs who are not on rookie contracts and are not just holding the spot as a bridge to the eventual starter they hope to find changes every year and is seldom based on what a guy is worth.

38-40 million per year now is at or near the top, but in 2-3 years as the new crop of young, successful starting QBs get signed to extensions or second contracts, it is unlikely to even be in the top 10.

The real questions that should be asked are, “Can we win with this QB if we improve the defense?” and “Is a better QB option available to us?”