If Dak leads the Cowboys to victory tomorrow, will he earn more respect?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hey all. Happy game day eve.

I have a serious question.

If Dak leads the cowboys to victory tomorrow AND outplays Russell Wilson. Will he earn some more respect? Not talking about haters non haters nothing like that. Just in general. I’ve supported him since day one and even I believe this is the kind of game that will make heads turn if he outperforms the guy everyone is saying will be MVP by season end.

What day you?

Jipper

Reaction score

If Dak leads the cowboys to victory tomorrow AND outplays Russell Wilson. Will he earn some more respect? Not talking about haters non haters nothing like that. Just in general. I’ve supported him since day one and even I believe this is the kind of game that will make heads turn if he outperforms the guy everyone is saying will be MVP by season end.

What day you?

technially I’m Saturday but that’s not your question.

The answer is yes, if dak gets a big win that he leads against a top caliber team he will certainly earn respect.

had he engineered a final drive in that rams gAme he would have gotten a lot of respect too

phildadon86

Reaction score

The answer is yes, if dak gets a big win that he leads against a top caliber team he will certainly earn respect.

had he engineered a final drive in that rams gAme he would have gotten a lot of respect too
Lol. Yes it is Saturday. Tomorrow is Sunday. Hence. Game day eve. A play on the famous holiday “Christmas Eve” lol

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Probably not. People will always find fault

"Great game, but that one turnover can't happen, dak almost cost us the game!"
"Good game from dak, but zeke really took over the game. He couldn't do it alone"
"Yeah Dak had 400+ yards, but that should be expected with the weapons he has on offense!"

You can go on and on, but truth is you make make any narrative fit that you want.

JBond

Reaction score

What day you?
Willson is crushing it when it matters. Dak and Zeke must take control.

The defense is adjusting.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a question that could easily draw subjectively reasoned answers. Say Prescott has a great game Sunday and follow up with a not so great game against the Browns. Will an impression of outplaying Wilson matter long-term if ANOTHER impression suggests 'he' was outplayed by Mayfield?

Opinions are polarized among actively participating CowboysZone members concerning the team's quarterback (deja vu). Perhaps the most anyone can hope is for everyone, whether they are convinced or not convinced, to wait-and-see how both Prescott and the entire team performs all season long.

Curiosity seeking other observers willing to put themselves on the spot may simply be asking for a ticking timebomb of disapproval in the near future. Then how would a previously requested opinion of Prescott playing outstandingly compared to Wilson be remembered? Possibly not very fondly.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me but after 4 years, you're either in Dak's corner or you're not. If you're not sold on him by now, you probably never will be coz he is who he is. Pete Carroll had an interesting take on him this week. He didn't say he was great but he's a QB that does EVERYTHING very well.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

What day you?
What day you?.....I day lets wait and see :D

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I could turn it around and say what if he is real bad and wilson is great, will you then not think he is so great??:cool:

cowboybish

Reaction score

He did engineer a final drive but got screwed on a opi call on the pass to Gallup.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
If Dak leads the cowboys to victory tomorrow, will he earn more respect?

Let's be realistic... no Dallas QB earns respect until he leads the team to a Superbowl win. That's the way it's always been.

So no, it doesn't matter what Dak does on Sunday. He won't earn fan wide respect unless he wins a superbowl. And I personally don't agree with that, but it is the way it is. QB's don't "Win" in Seattle, QB's don't "Win' the superbowl, football teams do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What day you?

I think it would be huge for Dak. Outdueling the current front runner for MVP would then make him the new front runner for MVP. And if he were to somehow finish the season by winning it, it would do wonders for him both on and off the field. The Joneses would have no choice but to pay him a TON more money in a long-term contract (nice job on that Stephen!), and his endorsements would grow even more than they already are.

Outdueling Wilson tomorrow would also push him up in the overall league quarterback rankings and distance him even more from his contemporaries.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. Yes it is Saturday. Tomorrow is Sunday. Hence. Game day eve. A play on the famous holiday “Christmas Eve” lol
Technically, this evening is gameday eve. During the day it's the day before gameday. Technically......the real question is when did Jipper change his name to Saturday?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just me but after 4 years, you're either in Dak's corner or you're not. If you're not sold on him by now, you probably never will be coz he is who he is.

Is he? Because I'm seeing a young quarterback that continues to improve.

Pete Carroll had an interesting take on him this week. He didn't say he was great but he's a QB that does EVERYTHING very well.

I think he's very much like Pete's own quarterback.

In fact, check out how closely the two players stats line up over the first four years of their respective careers:

https://stathead.com/football/pcm_f...player_id2=PresDa01&p2yrfrom=2016&p2yrto=2019

Loso86

Reaction score

What day you?
The short answer no, the right answer yes

baltcowboy

Reaction score

What day you?
It should not matter. Dak has beaten Russ in the playoffs. Dak has won more important games on the road then this game. Dak has to win in the playoffs NFCCG or bust.