If Dallas finishes with a top 8 pick

InTheZone

Reaction score
how do you feel about them moving up to #1 to guarantee they get their QB, even though many of the losing teams right now don't need a QB? I don't want some random team with a higher pick to snipe them out of their player by trading up ahead. I'd rather they go all out in the 2019 draft, grab their player, and hope they can do something with our current team before everyone is wasted like we've been doing.

This also means JG is gone because I don't want him to have the excuse he needs 3 years with a new QB to be properly evaluated.

ghst187

Reaction score
how do you feel about them moving up to #1 to guarantee they get their QB, even though many of the losing teams right now don't need a QB? I don't want some random team with a higher pick to snipe them out of their player by trading up ahead. I'd rather they go all out in the 2019 draft, grab their player, and hope they can do something with our current team before everyone is wasted like we've been doing.

This also means JG is gone because I don't want him to have the excuse he needs 3 years with a new QB to be properly evaluated.

If we’re that close to a QB we think is a franchise guy you have to do it. Sure we have other needs but you have to hedge bets at QB, you can’t win without a good one period and you don’t get many chances to draft one at the top. I love Zeke but not going up to get Goff or Wentz is looking pretty ridiculous about now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Well they should've done it for Wentz. It was obvious then and the idiots even coached him at the Senior bowl and didn't do it.

If we are in striking distance of a top notch QB then strike.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Are we sure that the standard boilerplate “we should have traded up for Wentz” (which is silly, no one is compelled to do business with us) shouldn’t be changed to “we should have traded up for Goff”? Because it’s sure kinda looking that way to me.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
1. Garrett is not going anywhere.
2. They like their players, and that includes their QB.

They will not draft a S or a DT, maybe a WR or TE. Then give us lip service on how much smarter they are than everyone else.

After last night? No way old jerrah liked that.

Dunks3001

Reaction score
Well they should've done it for Wentz. It was obvious then and the idiots even coached him at the Senior bowl and didn't do it.

Well I mean at the time they had Romo coming back from his injury and they figured getting a run game with Zeke will bring them back to their 2014 form. Plus they wanted to move back into the first to get
Lynch. I know it's all hindsight now but I can see what they were doing at the time.

If the season keeps going the way it is then I have to believe we will have a new HC in here and they would also want a new QB. So yes, let's do what we need to do in order to get in the right draft position and get the QB. I love Dak but he's playing himself out of the league at this rate.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

I would study all the QBs coming out and see if we could get one without giving up the farm. We need are picks. At 8 we could get Lock, Grier, and Haskins. I don't think HERBERT is that much better then those three.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Catch, you know Jerry was all in on Romo. Our staff loved Wentz. Our great GM made that call. I have a feeling he will do it again with Dak.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Remember Romo was still on this team, planning to play another 3-4 years. Goff or Wentz pick in top three would have threatened Romo's leadership.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I want a QB...

but Idk if there is any down right super star at QB this draft.... I mean id be more than willing to package 2 or 3 firsts for Tua next year lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Remember Romo was still on this team, planning to play another 3-4 years. Goff or Wentz pick in top three would have threatened Romo's leadership.

I remember very well.

At the time I was all in on going up for Wentz.

Romo was like Sean Lee is at the time. You can't trust him to stay healthy.

The game is all about the QB and I was all in on Wentz.

Hardline

Reaction score
I would give up half my draft picks to draft a QB if I thought he had franchise potential.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Catch, you know Jerry was all in on Romo. Our staff loved Wentz. Our great GM made that call. I have a feeling he will do it again with Dak.

I know old jerrah is not that stupid, but how many games now has Dak had over 30 passes and can't even get 200 yards passing. That is not just a coincidence.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
It is a hard situation, drafting a QB almost dashes any SB hopes for the next three years. We are a young team on one hand yet not that young, we have some key players that are in their primes. If we end up in the top 5 I say draft Herbert (the only QB worth trading up for) otherwise I advocate trying to pry Brissett from the Colts.