If Dallas finishes with a top 8 pick

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The Giants are going to trade up to #1, and they'll be in a better position to do it.

If the Cowboys want a QB, the hope better be that they like the guy the Giants don't.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
It is a hard situation, drafting a QB almost dashes any SB hopes for the next three years. We are a young team on one hand yet not that young, we have some key players that are in their primes. If we end up in the top 5 I say draft Herbert (the only QB worth trading up for) otherwise I advocate trying to pry Brissett from the Colts.
Do you see us winning a SB within the next three years in the current situation? lol

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I know old jerrah is not that stupid, but how many games now has Dak had over 30 passes and can't even get 200 yards passing. That is not just a coincidence.
I would be shocked if Jerry drafted a QB with the first pick. A real GM would draft one. Jerry will do it his way. Now if we are embarrassed by Jacksonville we might get a new offensive coordinator but a QB, no. Now if Dak is injured????

lostar2009

Reaction score
We need a real coaching staff. Get this team a real coach and watch how much this team improve.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It just depends on the quality of the QBs in this draft. There are some generational talents on the DL who will be draft eligible next year. So, just depends on the evaluation done after the season.

DiResta

Reaction score
how do you feel about them moving up to #1 to guarantee they get their QB, even though many of the losing teams right now don't need a QB? I don't want some random team with a higher pick to snipe them out of their player by trading up ahead. I'd rather they go all out in the 2019 draft, grab their player, and hope they can do something with our current team before everyone is wasted like we've been doing.

This also means JG is gone because I don't want him to have the excuse he needs 3 years with a new QB to be properly evaluated.
I would defer to the next head coach
if I had to guess a coach would use whatever he had until he could get 'his guy'
who knows any of that stuff right now?

I guess maybe you could ask is Mike White in year 2 comparable to a guy like Herbert or do you just nuke everything

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
how do you feel about them moving up to #1 to guarantee they get their QB, even though many of the losing teams right now don't need a QB? I don't want some random team with a higher pick to snipe them out of their player by trading up ahead. I'd rather they go all out in the 2019 draft, grab their player, and hope they can do something with our current team before everyone is wasted like we've been doing.

This also means JG is gone because I don't want him to have the excuse he needs 3 years with a new QB to be properly evaluated.
I dont think we will need to move up that far there are alot of teams that already have there QB of the future we may need to push up but i doubt we will need to go to Number 1 ----- That Qb from Oregon Justin Herbert is really good we need to get him

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
What do people see in that guy? He seems blah to me.
I would take him over half the starting QB right now. I am convinced that his talent would balance our offense, he can get the ball down the field and keep defenses honest, we really don't need more than that.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Very little but Herbert is the clear cut right now I think.
I am hearing good things about Lock, Grier, and Haskins as well. All these guys are big strong arm prospects. Chris Carter stated that QBs are developing better in college.